Reviews for Defeating Fear
pepper chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
I must say the tension of the whole chapter was hardly bearable. The action... the thrill, dear God, you hardly ever find a fanfic with a plot as thick and full as this one, one that not only brings about the fluffiness and happiness one wishes to see from these characters... But also manages to really get to you, as an amazing story. I really don't really know what to say, this was different from any fanfic I've read and written, it was a fucking wild ride (I know it doesn't end here); It's been totally worth reading. It had me on the edge of my seat, wanting to read more and more and find out what these people wanted from Henry, why Cheryl made an appearance, wondering if this would turn out horribly, and doubting it would end well for any of them too. Okay, this is seriously a roller coaster, a fun yet nerve wracking roller coaster, and I have to congratulate you on it all, because it even surpassed the quality of some actual published books I've read. SORRY extremely long coment, but good job! I love your writing :)
Spicy chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
o this series you did was so good
oh gosh from the first to last im just screaming on the inside and crying at the end and just absolute putty. putty is me, i c ant asdfcvgbhnjmk?
your writing is tremendous, im in love with your words 3
YurumiNotto chapter 1 . 5/18/2012

*SCREAMS*

I NEED. AN EMOTICON. TO EXPRESS. WHAT I LOOK LIKE. AND FEEL RIGHT NOW.

I'm torn between gasping for breath, smile like an idiot or SCREAM SO LOUD MY MOM WOULD LOOK AT MY FUNNY AND WOULD TRY TO QUESTION ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME WHILE I PLACE A GOOFY GRIN IN MY FACE OF HOW HAPPY I AM.

THIS HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE SO FAR. I LOVE THIS CHAPTER OR THE ARC.I WANNA SMILE AND CRY AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE FINALLY, FREAKING FINALLY, THEY HAVE FINALLY CONFESSED TO EACH OTHER THEY LOVE EACH OTHER! I WANNA RUN AROUND LAUGHING AND CRYING AND GIGGLING OUTSIDE TO HOME TO THE POINT PEOPLE WILL THINK I'M NUTS.

THIS FANFIC IS SO BEAUTIFUL. GOD BLESS THIS FANFIC! MORE POWER TO YOU, YOU PRECIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL AUTHOR!

(and I apologize for the all CAPS. I was just too happy I didn't realize that the all CAPS where on. I also listened to a romantic song while reading the almost last )
Mo0Chroi chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Whoohooo I finished 'em! I loved it~~~ 3

It was so gripping, so dramatic, so awesome! O:

I loved how you made readers -especially ME- go from 'awwwww 8D' to 'DDD8 what?' and then back and forth, back and forth! Of course with a few: "DAMN IT HENRY - SPEAAAAK!"s in between there somewhere lol~ The drama, the contradicting personalities under one roof at one point and everyone hating Walter yet Eileen and Cynthia's quick acceptance of Henry's love for the man was amazing. Henry's inner and outer struggles - it was just so amazingly well written.

It was so detailed, you almost SAW it happening right before your eyes and it was absolutely amazing. I had Sarah Brightman's Deliver Me on repeat as well when I read it of course - it just fit for some reason lol~
Akiko Fukutaicho chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
ohh my, this had me hooked from the moment i read the first line! And boy it certainly had me holding my breath in a few moments, WHOAAAAAAAA and the ending omg i totally loved it! I SERIOUSLY LOVE HENRY X WALTER WEEEEEEE this made ma day!
Skuzes chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
This was amazing, and I think I love you a little bit for this.

...I cried a little at the end.
XLadySnowX chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Words honestly... cannot describe. It's hard to find a fitting word to summarize that I think of this story, but I think the closest may be... beautiful. This was so unique, a real gem and I'm so glad I found it. I ship Henry/Walter so hard, and the other stories I read on here just seem so... unsatisfactory I guess? Some of them are never finished, some never go anywhere... but this was just so... unbelievably... perfect. It was a well-thought sequel to the game, Henry and Walter's relationship was heart-warming and believable, their atonement to let go of their guilt and, in Henry's case, the reason behind his preference for solitary confinement, was amazing; adding Cheryl was the icing and the ending was the cherry. Walter and Henry's interactions, everything from talking to one another, to holding each other and finally the kissing... Wow. Just wow.

Thank you so much for writing this.
Mantinas chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
This arc(since you mentioned there would be more) was really good. I cannot wait for the next chapter(s) of this series of yours.

Best of luck.
It's Just That chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
i only have a few words to say to this, because i fear if i say too many things, it'll ruin the beauty of this fic:

brilliant.

it was absolutely brilliant, this entire arc. ;] the last bit made me cry and i have to applaud you-you did an absolutely terrific job writing this all. so much emotion, thought-feeling. AHUHUHUHU i cried so much at the end because Henry made so little sense and so much sense at the same time.

Aboslutely, positively brilliant. _
Casdein Kinraheal Kadrium chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I really love this series of fics you wrote for silent hill, but this was my all time favorite. It's just so cute in a twisted way, especially at the end. I actually cried. Thank you for one of the single best reads I've had in my life.