Reviews for End of the World News
radpineapple chapter 1 . 6/28
I really enjoyed it. It was beautiful. I love your style of writing. It was brilliant.
You absolutely nailed the characters, especially Colin.
Thanks for the great fanfiction. I do not really know what to say it was so good. It left me feeling sad, but satisfied. Sad in the sense of the end of the world, but satisfied in that you nailed the characters and this is how they would act in this situation.
Great job!
Katta chapter 1 . 1/6
I just got here on a Tumblr rec, and wow, this was amazing. You've got all the characterisation down exactly. I started wondering, "Where is Spike?" and I found out - in that crisp, Lynda Day, non-sappy way.
I got the same kind of feeling for this as watching These Final Hours, except in a way it's even more touching because it's characters I know and love so much.
Ocaso chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Amazing. Well done.
merryghoul chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
It's very sad how the team has resigned themselves to their fate here. But nevertheless, I love this fic. All the characters, their dialogue and their actions are spot on here.
imloopy chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Thoroughly enjoyed this - amazing how such a way-out topic could be so in character.
Lirazel chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Oh, wow. This was...unexpected. And so in character, for everyone. Especially Colin. And Spike's absence just sort of hangs over the whole thing so even though you don't ever miss him, it makes her not-mentioning what happened to him at the end that much more painful. Nicely done.
Erin chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Authentic and interesting. You got everyone's voices just right.
7881 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
What a treat! I'm so glad to have read this. Thank you for writing it. I can see the whole thing playing out in my head - you are very true to the characters and their actions. I enjoyed Colin with his bags of loot (and the pricetags comment!) and LOVED Lynda spending her last day editing the sap out of her emotional yet loyal staff members' stories.

Thanks again.

belantana chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Here on a rec from lost_spook, and oh, this is amazing and heartbreaking and did I mention amazing. Brava.
Lost Spook chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
That was just brilliant. So true to the characters, down to the last. You have everybody pitch-perfect, and it was Press Gang's typical funny and then heart-breaking, and the End of the World.
Stephensmat chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Wow. I mean... wow.

This was a really intense read, and I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like about it was that Spike was MIA... or KIA I should say. I always pictured Spike and Lynda arguing all the way to a double funeral.

You made a great decision not revealing what the great disaster was, I think that would have taken something away from it. Even when you're writing the scene of a newspaper covering the end of everything, you managed to keep the mystery going.

I remember someone saying that the finale was an allegory of Lynda: straight to hell and still unrepentant. It's pretty clear that it takes something a lot worse than the end of the world to knock Lynda off message.

She may be the lead, but you got the whole team together, and you got them all very in character, and I liked it. You managed to convey the importance of the action and the futility of acting at the same time.