Reviews for This Isn't Little Big Horn
Autumnights chapter 1 . 4/7
I love this story so much. Keep coming back to it.
Toothtooth chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
This is so sweet
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
The technique with the tauntaun does apparently work though, or at least it did when the Mythbusters tried testing it. Of course that was also assuming a fresh kill so that corpse wouldn't really do much good in the keeping warm area without a good skinning and some work to make clothing from the results. Thank you for posting.
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I love the ending - we don't need to see them making their way back to the cabin; Dean's promise is more than enough. Lovely. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Fantastic. I love this scene. You really described everything so well, that I could picture this all playing out. I liked how this was an unexpected situation for them. Dean isn't deathly ill or injured. Not really hurt much. Just trapped. Without help. Left alone with his thoughts. (which were so perfectly in character and man, that was great) Until Sam does the impossible. The banter and the trust between them was lovely. Fantastic job on this one. I've come back to read it several times now. :)
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I got to this story through Scullspeare's related one, and I'm so glad I did. Wonderful mixture of dire angst and humor (fleas! Heidi!). I really loved this.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Read this on the back of Scullspeare's It's My Job and loved it :) Those would be exactly Dean's thoughts whilst trapped under the dead creature, knowing he couldn't get out from under it and not thinking he would be rescued. Of course Sammy would turn up to rescue his brother, that's what they do, no matter how injured they may be! Dean saves Sammy's life and Sammy returns the favour saving Dean's.
A really great read :)
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh this was just great! Lovely little tale of Sammy showing up and saving the day.

The ground shudders as another sasquatch drops beside him. The good kind.- GREAT line.

The skin around Sam's eye was turning interesting girly colors by then, violet and mauve, but he didn't seem to be concussed.- LOVE the description of Sam's bruises. "girly colors", wonderful!

"We're gonna be okay, Sam," Dean tells him instead. Even though his legs are still trapped, he adds, "I'll get us home."

"I know." The look Sam gives Dean is full of faith and trust before he leans back and shuts his eyes again.

Dean has never let his little brother down. So if Sam believes Dean will get them home safe -

He will.-Such a GOOD ending, loved every bit of it. :D Thanks so much for writing this!
Von chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I love stories where Sam gets to do the rescue against large odds. There aren't nearly enough of them. ;D
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Aww, this was awesome! Really in-character and well-written. Fabulous job! :)
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
This:

"My job is to keep you alive," Sam says wearily. "It's your job to keep me alive."

I love. Absolutely one of the best lines ever. It's so damn true. Perfectly brilliant story, I was worried stiff for Dean. Love the stream of consciousness writing, how he got garbled off and on as he got weaker. Sam's admission of passing out when he put pressure on the wound made it so much more real to me, too. Really tight, well-written piece. Definitely going in my faves.

LD
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Great!
MostVerbose chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Thank you for sharing this great story with us.

Being squashed by a huge, dead, smelly monster - there most be worse ways to go.

But not many.

Will this stay an oneshot?
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Cool

I really liked it D

See ya around

Rosetta
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Terrific fic! I just read Sculls's answer to this and came to get my bigger dose of hurt!Dean. *sighs contentedly*

Stupid, stubborn, awesome Winchesters! lol