Reviews for The End is the Beginning
poetrytoprose chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
You captured the characters so well. Absolutely perfect!
SavageWoman chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Sigh...That's what was missing from the book - more of Peeta and Katniss and how they grew back together. Thank-you so much for writing this. I love it!
Dustfinger's cheering section chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Sweet and perfect.
socact chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
This was lovely. It was very much canon, and every word sounded true to Katniss' character. I just wish SC had included a scene like this (exactly like this!) in Mockingjay. I was very disappointed with the last book in the series, and felt as though Peeta and even Gale's characters were completely unrecognizable. You managed to bring them back, and you did it beautifully.

Thanks for writing.
annniej13 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So lovely, spangley. I haven't read much HG fic but I saw your alert and I squeed. You did a great job with these missing moments. "Real." I'll sigh forever over that word.

jackspergirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
simply beutiful!

HEAR chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
This was excellently done, and a pleasure to read. I actually think S.C. hit all the right notes with Mockingjay, and that depressing, crushing, drained feeling I was left with felt appropriate. My hope was that a talented fic writer would fill in some of the parts that would have detracted from the tone of Mockingjay, but would satiate a rabid fan like myself, and you've totally done that.

The only thing that gave me the slightest pause was the unprotected sex. She's so adamant about not having kids, and even after she begins to heal it takes a decade plus to take that risk that I just kept waiting for her to either stop before they fully went there or freak out afterward. Other than that, this felt more like canon than fanfiction.

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sharing!
Raincitygirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
A sweet story that depicted Katniss' healing well.

Thanks for sharing!
mommy2kh chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I loved this! This is what was missing from Mockingjay to make it complete. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Feisty Y. Beden chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Oh lovely. I want some Peeta-Balm.

This line haunted me the most: "His head snaps up when I barge in and his whole body goes on alert. It takes a second for him to register that it's me and another second for him to work through the cascade of emotions and reactions my sudden appearance undoubtedly triggers in him. There will always be this. I give him a minute to work it out and relax his body."
ana1973 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So i have been reading some of these "alternative" endings to Mockingjay and just loved this one. I think you should write some more chapters of their lives before kids and being married and even her having a least the first kid. I felt like she missed some things when she finished the book. I think it was perfect that she saw Gale again and put that part completely to rest. I would love to read her mom seeing her grandchildren for the first time too since they lost prim, i am sure that was much needed happiness. Would love to read more.

katmom chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
A lovely bit of what could have been...

Well done...a very nice tone to this...

Thank you for sharing...

shescardinal chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Ungh, so so so good. I loved it. The balm to their wounds? Girl, so right.
InstantKarmaGirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful. The simplicity of days passing by, of slowly growing back together, even of Gale growing away, is just beautiful. Thanks for writing it.

It's so very believeable and in character. I love it.
Melissa228 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I really enjoyed reading this and it was beautifully done. As with any series, I think it's normal to feel that perhaps the final piece won't live up to mass expectation. I will always really enjoy HG series as a whole, but Mockingjay left a lot missing in the end for me. Mostly I missed a good-bye or resolution between Katniss & Gale. While I understood why SC did what she did, I appreciate you exploring the relationship between them and giving them some closure. I think it was needed so badly and I enjoyed reading.

I so loved reading about the progress of the relationship between Katniss and Peeta. There was a huge jump between the ending and the epilogue (we spent most of MJ watching Peeta with a lost mind that was never resolved except by the ending of the Capitol)...and while I don't need to read about every single moment, it would have been nice to see a few tender see the progression a bit, before jumping to the end. You did them great justice.

Thank you for writing and for sharing with us.
342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »