Reviews for The End is the Beginning
annniej13 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So lovely, spangley. I haven't read much HG fic but I saw your alert and I squeed. You did a great job with these missing moments. "Real." I'll sigh forever over that word.

xxoo

a
jackspergirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
simply beutiful!

JG
HEAR chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
This was excellently done, and a pleasure to read. I actually think S.C. hit all the right notes with Mockingjay, and that depressing, crushing, drained feeling I was left with felt appropriate. My hope was that a talented fic writer would fill in some of the parts that would have detracted from the tone of Mockingjay, but would satiate a rabid fan like myself, and you've totally done that.

The only thing that gave me the slightest pause was the unprotected sex. She's so adamant about not having kids, and even after she begins to heal it takes a decade plus to take that risk that I just kept waiting for her to either stop before they fully went there or freak out afterward. Other than that, this felt more like canon than fanfiction.

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sharing!
Raincitygirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
A sweet story that depicted Katniss' healing well.

Thanks for sharing!
mommy2kh chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I loved this! This is what was missing from Mockingjay to make it complete. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Feisty Y. Beden chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Oh lovely. I want some Peeta-Balm.

This line haunted me the most: "His head snaps up when I barge in and his whole body goes on alert. It takes a second for him to register that it's me and another second for him to work through the cascade of emotions and reactions my sudden appearance undoubtedly triggers in him. There will always be this. I give him a minute to work it out and relax his body."
ana1973 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
So i have been reading some of these "alternative" endings to Mockingjay and just loved this one. I think you should write some more chapters of their lives before kids and being married and even her having a least the first kid. I felt like she missed some things when she finished the book. I think it was perfect that she saw Gale again and put that part completely to rest. I would love to read her mom seeing her grandchildren for the first time too since they lost prim, i am sure that was much needed happiness. Would love to read more.

-Ana
katmom chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
A lovely bit of what could have been...

Well done...a very nice tone to this...

Thank you for sharing...

Kathie
shescardinal chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Ungh, so so so good. I loved it. The balm to their wounds? Girl, so right.
InstantKarmaGirl chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wonderful. The simplicity of days passing by, of slowly growing back together, even of Gale growing away, is just beautiful. Thanks for writing it.

It's so very believeable and in character. I love it.
Melissa228 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I really enjoyed reading this and it was beautifully done. As with any series, I think it's normal to feel that perhaps the final piece won't live up to mass expectation. I will always really enjoy HG series as a whole, but Mockingjay left a lot missing in the end for me. Mostly I missed a good-bye or resolution between Katniss & Gale. While I understood why SC did what she did, I appreciate you exploring the relationship between them and giving them some closure. I think it was needed so badly and I enjoyed reading.

I so loved reading about the progress of the relationship between Katniss and Peeta. There was a huge jump between the ending and the epilogue (we spent most of MJ watching Peeta with a lost mind that was never resolved except by the ending of the Capitol)...and while I don't need to read about every single moment, it would have been nice to see a few tender moment...to see the progression a bit, before jumping to the end. You did them great justice.

Thank you for writing and for sharing with us.
toffeecakesxox chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
i love this so much :)

i really really do; you wrote as if you were Suzanne Collins and i love that!

dang. i'd reread this again if i had time [:

i probably will!
brandinas chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I just finished MJ and this OS is the perfect way for me to "come down" from the story. I really needed more Peeta and Katniss' at the end, so thank you, this is exactly how I enivisioned the two of them together. So sweet.
bksreader chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
I liked Mockingjay, but I wanted more at the end. I was glad for the happy ending, but I wanted to know how they got there. It's like you filled in the missing pieces with this one-shot. I loved the closure w/ Gale. That badly missing in MJ. The love scene was perfect.

Thank you!
SassyK chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Nice, really, really lovely!

I thought you captured them and their first time together quite well. They really do belong together. ;-)

But I still miss Gale... *sniff*

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading!
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »