Reviews for moments in another time
difficile chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Quite a story I've found here under the quiet XII category! I am in for a treat. Will review as I move forward. You have a beautiful style of writing and a graceful control of the present-tense, a challenge that can either hurt or completely make a story. :)
Guest chapter 48 . 7/29/2016
they should just remake the game and use this as a script.
Diablo Snowblind chapter 48 . 7/28/2016
Quality update. I love how hollow and introspective and hopeless your Ashe is. The Occurring specter - Gerun - is so much more convincing here, without being at all contrary to canon characterization or motives.

Well done. I look forward to your next update.
Damascus ari chapter 48 . 7/28/2016
Whee! Update! I really like Ashe's POV- the way she gathers the limited data she has and tries to come to a conclusion. The fact she can't quite come to terms with what the Shard entails, and Balthier's apparent distance from the whole thing. The only thing that was minutely offputting was that her indecision seemed muted; it didn't feel as important as it was portrayed as. Maybe I just need to get used to Ashe POV more. Anyways, awesome. Have a nice day, everyone.
avalonaroony chapter 47 . 6/24/2016
I've always lived Balthier in the game but your story makes me love him more! I think I've said it before but if only the game had taken the time to delve more into interactions and relationships with the characters. It could have been so much more. Love the back story with King Raithwall as well.
Guest chapter 47 . 6/23/2016
Thank you for continuing to write! I still find myself enthralled by your story, and it adds such an incredible depth without changing the storyline of the game as presented by Square.
avalonaroony chapter 46 . 6/2/2016
I was so excited to see an update on this story! Please continue. Still one of my favorite stories out there!
Diablo Snowblind chapter 46 . 5/30/2016
Great update! Glad to see you back to writing after all this time.
Ceva chapter 46 . 5/30/2016
I missed this story so much! such a good chapter too.
AkaiTennyo chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
Two of my favorite characters in the game; and ones that deserve much better than they get. It's nice to see such a friendly relationship between the two. They really do seem to respect each other. It's rather sad they couldn't trust anyone else.
I like the little snippets of compassion from Vayne. With the allusions to the state of the imperial court, I can't imagine he was able to show that side often.
Damascus ari chapter 45 . 7/4/2015
An excellent venture into the story of FFXII, transforming it all the while into a suspense-filled journey with astounding insights into many characters and bringing fresh perspective into otherwise dull or insignificant moments.
I found myself enthralled by this captivating tale, laughing quite often, and being surprised just as much. I loved the story between Fran and Balthier, and grew sympathetic to the plight of Cid and Vayne. I even skipped breakfast (and lunch and dinner) to read this gripping work of art.
I only hope updates will grace this story in a timely manner, and may they be of the same quality as the rest of this story.
Roses All Over chapter 45 . 9/9/2014
I'm so glad to see another update! Thank you so much. I liked seeing Larsa again and the somewhat mention of Penelo. That was very sweet of Cid to share about his wife and it gave me a better impression of him as a character. I'm looking forward to reading more!
avalonaroony chapter 43 . 7/8/2014
What a great chapter, and so soon! I'm loving it. I think the draklor spin offs have been my favorite oc chapters actually. There's so much insight into them. And one of Cid's workers falling for him is such a concept! I'll be interested to see if that goes anywhere. What a cliff hanger! Ghis is taking advantage while Vayne and Cid aren't there. I know you just updated but update soon again! The suspense!
avalonaroony chapter 42 . 7/2/2014
I'm always excited to see an update for this fic! I like how you portray the characters, especially the Archadian citizens. In the game, all you see is overly pompous and opportunistic people. While that's true for some people in all societies, your story brings some much needed humanity that ffxii lacked a lot. Less black and white, more gray. The interactions of the draklor workers was hilarious! The moogle flinger...draklor ladies and gentleman! Love it! Once again, glad for an update!
Lilithsumeragi chapter 41 . 5/31/2014
Yes, i ended reading these four chapters in a row.

I loved each one. The chapter of Ghis POV was fantastic, and Vayne concernings about his brother are very heartwarming. Fran and Al-Cid are great too.

Thank you for these interesting chapters. Ill look forward.