Reviews for This Far Distant Shore
Amilyn chapter 1 . 3/11/2016
Nice work.
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
My heart broke for her. I'm so glad he witnessed the crack in her facade. Now things will change.
F Maurice chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
So sweet. You captured Leia's sadness and determination so well in this one shot. Han's watching over her was the crowning touch.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
A great story. Very good.
BrienneofThrace chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
aw! This was so sad and sweet!
dm1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
I've read this before and thought I reviewed it, but it seems I didn't.

This was so touching, it still moves me to tears. The way Leia finally let her grief and pain out, and the way Han was watching over her. How you describe that he would be the one to warm her soul and lead her home, just beautiful.

I think Han seems to be the only one to truly understand Leia, and he gives her exactly what she needs at any time, whether it's a good argument or a good kiss. He sees her as an equal, not an icon, she's a real person with the same needs as everyone else. Leia, in the long run, appreciates being able to let go with someone who sees her as she is.
Krisa612 chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Beautifully done- good characterization, description, and emotions. Also very believable. A few minor word usage issues, maybe, but not enough to really distract from the piece.
Jeanida-Myrishi chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
[i] The pain was so raw, so intense, she felt that the tears and the guilt and the deep heartache would never end, like the eternal flow of a river that continued from it's source until it reached the sea. Her tears had reached the sea, but her feelings continuously rushed forth upon rapids. [/i]
I just loved that part. It brought tears to my eyes. It was exactly how I would feel if something as awful happened to me. thank God, there's no Tarkin in my universe. Or Emperor Palpatine for that matter.
CJ Jade chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
This is such a good story and I love the part where Han is watching her.
Gia Alexander chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
This is a well written and well thought out piece. I particularly like the way you describe the details of the new planet being not quite right, yet so very painfully close.

Here's an interesting question, phrased within the context of your story. If Tarkin had evacuated the Death Star in time and survived, what might he think if the Yuuzhan Vong went after Eriadu?

You're good. Please keep writing!
liz chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
Touching story. Sad. Please keep writing!
Pitdroid chapter 1 . 2/28/2002
Beautifully written, and beautifully said. A nice, missing moment put into words. Great job!