Reviews for RR04 The Desert of San Helios
arturus chapter 10 . 7/21/2013
Another well written story. The pacing and development was great and you have (as you have in your other stories) handled the characters with a deft hand.

10/10
PeacePinkSeddie chapter 10 . 6/24/2013
that was a good story! i love how john is so determined to be his own person. I hope he finds river.
MittknightDr chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Where's RR03?
FrenzyforEric chapter 10 . 7/20/2012
Loved it my favorite yet, though i could find the third one
IShipItAllAndThenSome chapter 10 . 2/5/2012
I'll beta. I love betaing. This was totally brilliant, by the way.
Chris4 chapter 10 . 1/21/2012
Another great story. I like the fact that it's John who is the centerpoint rather than the Doctor. And truth be told, the line "He'd be beside himself if he wasn't already." actually made me laugh out loud when I read it. It was just thrown in there, but it was funny.
seekerchasing chapter 10 . 9/10/2011
funny, cute and brilliant! and, yay, Jenny!
Kiyoko Usagi chapter 4 . 4/15/2011
Chewing aspirin...

Rose is crazy! Aspirin tastes terrible! Advil tastes good though with the sugar coating...till it goes away...

I ramble a lot...
Kiyoko Usagi chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I decided to read this since I just watched this (about time right? I'm late on the Doctor Who bandwagon. I'm only at the 3rd to last episode of series 5) I really love John. He's fast replacing 10... 0.0

So...why BBC doesn't have you writing MetaWho is beyond me. Or maybe because they realize you would fast make that show more popular than the actual show...

Cause you'd have your writing, and David Tennant.

Automatic win.

This has been a nice ramble. :) *continues reading*
My Beautiful Ending chapter 10 . 4/9/2011
I FINALLY WATCHED ALL THE SPECIALS! now I can give you the review you deserve. I really love you you added torchwood into there, plus martha and mickey. so cute. it makes sense now, so that at the end of time they're together and all XD win win win. I miss crazy scientist guy, but i liked how Lady Christina, as my friend would say, didn't "creep on the Doctor." XD cute cute cute. on to waters of mars! Allons-y!
timano chapter 10 . 3/5/2011
A well-written story, full of twists and turns and meaningful prose! 10 out of 10 stars. (It's one of the better stories I've read based on a storyline from 2009.)
virginiagirl101 chapter 10 . 2/4/2011
John REALLY doesn't trust Christina, does he? This just shows how different he and alt!time line ten are, because ten not only let her remember, he let her escape with a souvenir of her time on the planet.

Jenny, yay! she's one of my favorite characters, and I hate the show for missing out on such a good chance.

So, we'll see Carmen and Lou again? Yay!

I'm glad Rose and Mickey made up. He really is one of my favorite characters.

So, 10 must be REALLY bad on coffee. I'm scared.

Oh, so I was really upset that they were going at it like that at first, and I'm glad that John's for the most part was just months of frustration. It's hard to be friends with married people, let alone being connected to one and every now and again getting his feelings.

Ok, I'll admit it: Mickey's speech made me tear up. His 'you had Tom' broke my heart. I'm so glad Martha finally sees him for what he is :).

I loved this story! The character interactions were amusing but heartfelt, and the techy stuff didn't confuse me. I can't wait to read more of this series. :)

Oh, and Jack completely seducing Ianto with a look was cute.
virginiagirl101 chapter 9 . 2/4/2011
Hm, I never thought about what WOULD happen if we got advanced medical too soon. The sad part is that I can see humanity do that, too.

And Carmen is dreaming of The Master already? Did it start this early in the series, or did it take longer?

Wait, John's going to regenerate? Noooo! :(.

The TARDIS giving Mickey advice was great. But 'lead with your left' scares me. It seems everytime she give advice, it's for something bad that's going to happen.

Lol, if John thinks the teasing is bad now, he probably shouldn't be with River around the two of them. Ever.

And poor Martha, never catching a break with men. It sucks that every Doctor type she meets has already met somebody they can't see past: ten with Rose, and John with River. However, I wouldn't want her to worry, considering Mickey kind of knows what she's going through.

Why can Jack hear the TARDIS?

And 10 and John have jealousy issues.

Oh, so Rose is the TARDIS' dearest?
virginiagirl101 chapter 8 . 2/4/2011
Is Jack really that bad of a driver that John and 10 don't want to be connected to teaching him. Note to self: don't drive with Jack. And is he so bad because he's used to 51rst century driving?

Why is Mickey calling him Mouth? Is there something I missed?

And I always got the impression in the last series that Mickey was over Rose, because of something that happened in the parallel world.

Oh, and I love that they can imitate any voice. And Rose doing it was VERY amusing.

Ugh, Mickey is VERY immature. And I always got the impression that Rose DID ask the TARDIS nicely, or was that not what the whole 'take me back' thing was about?

Oh, so Mickey was just upset because Martha was taken and taking it out on Rose?

Jack thinking John was talking about Firefly was not only amusing, but shows just how much he's gotten used to the 21rst century.

Ok, now I'm curious: what's John's plan?

What IS going on with Mickey?

Heehee, Martha gave Angela medicine. :D

Now I'm REALLY curious about John's plan. The suspense will kill me!

Poor Mickey, everyone's against him.
virginiagirl101 chapter 7 . 2/4/2011
I love how Torchwood is clinging onto everything, while 10 and Rose are having the time of their lives. I think that this just emphasizes for me part of why Martha never stood a chance- Rose just gets The Doctor and his life style, while everyone else is trying to understand it.

Heehee... does this mean The Doctor taught Jack how to drive a 21rst century car? Because I could just totally see 9 sneaking him out to teach him while Rose slept.

I love how 10 tried to make it seem like they had no other way, but Rose read him like an open book. However, that must get annoying after a while.

Oh, and Rose cheating! It would be amusing if they had a sort of game on who could distract the other person the most in front of other people. And yes, Doctor, spouses can be VERY distracting ;).

Aw, kids. Even if they are larvae, that's just too cute for words.

"Small jaunt through the fifth dimension" I LOVE that phrase! Especially because jaunting implies being relaxed, and I highly doubt 10 is relaxed at all!

No, Jack, you can't have any fun. In fact, the whole universe is in on a conspiracy theory to keep you from having fun. He's SO lucky Ianto wasn't there. I love how you keep including flashbacks to the series... the who "can't i say hello" bit, and the flashback to TDD is making me smile with nostalgia.

And I get the impression that Rose and the TARDIS will be conspiring with each other for a while. I don't remember if this has been stated or not, but does Rose have a stronger connection to the TARDIS due to Bad Wolf, or is she just connected through The Doctor?