Reviews for RR04 The Desert of San Helios
virginiagirl101 chapter 6 . 2/4/2011
Oh, BAD 10, no swearing! You'll scare the kiddies. Good for Rose on telling him off. I agree with Jack- that was DEFINITELY more than 'just a bit'.

Why won't the big guns work, and just the bullets? that's interesting. And finally, some action!
virginiagirl101 chapter 5 . 2/4/2011
Haha, Ianto's JEALOUS :).

Ooh, wiretapping the police. Is that legal, due to the fact that technically their above the police?

No, 10 doesn't tend to be happy when his companions, let alone his twin, get transported to another planet by a mysterious wormhole. It's a good thing it wasn't Rose.

Really, that all depends on your definition of 'cock-eyed', doesn't it. And poor Martha, she's not getting any breaks when it comes to guys, is she?

I REALLY don't like Christina. She can give it but can't take it, and I hate people like that.

And aw, John's so used to comforting Rose he doesn't even think about it.

Love, Love,Love.
virginiagirl101 chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
Heehee,10 being mad about John hanging up on him is very funny. Also his "I wouldn't do that, well maybe" train of thought was spot on.

Rose's being upset about 10 deactivating Jack's "spock" is not only really amusing, but also a good through back to that whole episode. And really, 10 should have seen this one coming.

"I'll deal with you later Time Lord." is that a threat or a promise ;).

Is 10 groaning because she got the TARDIS to move, or because of something John has told him?

RE: Torchwood vehicles. Really? I've never seen the show, but that does sound very stupid. Jack should have known better.

"we're Torchwood. Nobody knows about us."

"Um, we know ALL about you. If you're trying to be secret, you should keep your name off the sides of your vehicles."

The Doctor must really be worried, as usually he's a lot quicker than this.

Christina is slow. Very slow. Their on a desert world they got to by driving through a wormhole in the middle of the street, and she's shocked by the fact that the only person who seems to know what's going on is alien? Idiot.

Ooh, yay, Tritovore speak. Believe me, it is very hard to do.

Yay for Max's alien tolerance! Now these people are NOT idiots.

Tom is an idiot. this story seems to be full of them.

Rose's first regeneration amuses me. aspirin ice cream, hee hee.

Ooh, and see, John, ties ARE good for something. Will he start wearing them more when River is around?

Out of curiosity, what does the pinky and index finger thing Rose does mean?

Love this series, love this chapter, love your writing :D
virginiagirl101 chapter 3 . 2/3/2011
I don't know why, but John referring to Rose as his sister-in-law warms my heart.

I love the Wizard of Oz quote, but it kind of seems over used to me, just to let you know. You might want to watch out for that in the future.

Ok, he is SUCH a liar. Is he flirting, or does he just not want to deal with her?

Ok, Lennon sunglasses? He sure has a thing for artists of that era, doesn't he?

Very nice of John to not tell her what was in the sand. I would be disturbed if I knew.

Yay! the bus driver didn't go through. Poor John, though, having to give up his last banana :(.

Is that jigger pokery permanent? Because I don't really trust her.

Oh, yay, Martha and Jack! Yes Christina, two Doctors. It baffles us all. Yum.

That must be one big cat.

Oh, 10 called Martha and Jack too. Rose and John really are good for him.

"it's a twin thing." Yeah, more like a 'I'm actually his duplicate, and therefore we share a mind link' thing. but whatever floats your vote.

And I agree with 10 and Rose, he does have a reckless streak.
virginiagirl101 chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
First thought about this chapter: Oh, Rose is ANGRY! haha, whatever it is, it's probably a long time coming.

Aww, poor Rose. What brought this on? What? He seriously hasn't told her he loves her outside of bed? She's right, he is such a guy. Oh, now 10's upset. knickers in a twist. heehee, don't know why that made me laugh so much. Really, every one died RIGHT after he said he loved them? She really did mean forever, didn't she?

Ooh, that's a very awkward moment at the end.
virginiagirl101 chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Ok, i lied I couldn't stay away. And your author's note got to me. Currently, I love you, and your stories, and I hope that stays the , John 'grooving out'. It may be just be, but I just get the imagery of him dancing very badly. And I love that 10 not only gave him a new coat, but that he got a whole new wardrobe. That's a very nice way to ask if he would mind them leaving him behind.

And of course 10 never thought of giving Rose a screwdriver. I love that John did, and I wonder if he only thought of it because he was constantly thinking of River.

Yum, chocolate bunny.

'laughs at social graces' I think this can be found under the 'rude and not ginger' section of his contract. And John is very quick for figuring out what Christina did so soon.

And I'm pretty sure that John is never going to be attracted to any woman but River, anyway. Out of curiosity, do you think that some of his attraction to her at this point is just fan boying over her?

Can't wait to read more!
Ayjah chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
I have to say this series of stories are very enjoyable! I hope you write more
MayFairy chapter 10 . 11/20/2010
loving it! can't wait to read more. it is all brilliant!
moonlightshade chapter 8 . 9/28/2010
I like your style of writing. The last part with the TARDIS was hilarious, please continue soon!
Sunfall E chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
Get well soon. I enjoy this story very much. Thank you for letting us know what is going on.
Silver Dragon c chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
Ohhh. Hope you feal better soon.
Mayet chapter 6 . 9/18/2010
It's getting really intresting. I especially liked the detail with his eyes turning black, as if the Storm is coming out. I'd get scared too if the Doctor suddenly decided to not only yell but use the f-word.

I'm not sure I get the "stiff upper lip" comment from the other chapter when Jack found out every police officer was a UNIT soldier undercover. Probably because it's a cultural or idiomatic reference I, as a German, can't understand. Maybe you could help me out with that, please? Thank you.
Mayet chapter 3 . 9/18/2010
"Just gimme, yeah?" That kinda reminded me of the 11th Doctor in the first episode. While I'm not the greatest fan of 10 regenerating, I must say I loved the whole "Give me your phone... Give me your phone!... Phone, gimme!" exchange with Rory not paying any attention to 11 and trapped in his own littany about "How can he be real?"

It was great, and John saying it now had me grinning from ear to ear(uh, that's a german saying, I'm not sure if you have it in the english language)
Mayet chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
'God, you are Such a Man!'

She says that like an insult. Lovely.
Silver Dragon c chapter 5 . 9/15/2010
Grins. With holds the limes. Sorry about that. Good chapter. Heheh poor jack thinking he got any thing past unit
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »