Reviews for What Child Is This?
DEM chapter 5 . 5/25/2003
I'm really enjoying your series. I discovered it 2 days ago and have been reading pretty steadily ever since then. I particularly like the handle you've got on the characters, esp. their speaking voices

I have only 2 criticisms. I'm sensing: 1) dropped threads and 2) retcon. For example, the B/F/W jealousy thing went absolutely nowhere. Second, for the entire series I absolutely believed I was reading an honest story that didn't cheat by relying on knowledge of events beyond S3 to motivate plot and character developments in the 'present'. That all came to a screeching halt with "control freak". Although I hadn't been paying much attention to dates of publication, I knew as soon as I read that that you'd written this during S6. Nothing screams S6 like fans yelling "control freak!" I might have accepted that (what I'm predicting to be) Voice From On High declaration if *you* had spent any time in any of your previous stories depicting Willow that way. You hadn't, IMO (and, honestly, your Willow is kind of pale, having been shunted off to the happy-empty, mostly offscreen land of WOz), and therefore I must cry foul.

Ah, the only other criticism I have about this story in particular is that I'm not sure this Wise Guide character was really necessary for some of the observations you're making. This particularly applies to X/C. I was already having a hard time believing, given your depiction of both the individual characters and the Scooby dynamics, that not once had anyone broached (or even thought of!) the possibility that Cordy was ashamed of her homelife.

Nonetheless, I must stress that I am enjoying your series. Now on to chapter 6...
Stacey chapter 8 . 7/28/2002
That was really cool. I've read all you're stories... I just discovered them last week. Gotta say I've enjoyed every single one. I'm lovin' the back stories with Cordelia, and the mystery that is Oz. By the way... are we gonna find out what he's been mixing in that cup? I miss Oz a lot, so he makes it more enjoyable. I thought Buffy was a tad bitchy in this one... seemed a little out of character, but that's the only complaint. This is much better than the third season that aired. It seems fans know the charaters better than the pros. You'd think they'd learn by now that they need to start hiring Fanfic writers. Can't wait to read episode 12.
Matt Harris chapter 8 . 5/8/2002
Lots of deja vu while reading this, as I have read "A Very Buffy Christmas" half-a-dozen times, but still very enjoyable (as always).
Mija chapter 8 . 5/7/2002
Okay, I must be the dumbest person on the face of the earth, Who was Josie?
Phantom Dennis chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
I was a big fan of a "Very Buffy Christmans" and have reread it several times. Because the characters are in differnt places in the continuity this story comes out differently, making it enjoyable in its own right. My only complaint is that Spike and Mr. Trick so far have the Exact same dialogue and actions, even though They're very different characters.
Jeanny chapter 8 . 4/22/2002
I enjoyed this a lot. Nice character assessments by Josie, and some interesting movements of the players to set up future plots. :)
Lakrids chapter 7 . 4/18/2002
Spoiler alert for the story.

Consider me very impressed with the work you have been put into your writings. Your Trick universe seem to me be coherent and well plotted. The gang seem to me behaving more like good friends then in the tv-show, which I consider good. I like that Cordelia is still part of the gang. I am little ambivalent of you new character Josie seem to me like a plot device, for you to make some observations in of the gang, on the other hand it’s interesting to see the forces of “Good” take a semi active interested in the world, something we have seen (to) little in the show. On all keep on writing, which I am sure that you would do anyway.
apocalipstick chapter 6 . 4/14/2002
All right!

This is the shizzit. Finally a Xmas story that's not a rehash of It's a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Carol. As soon as this is finished I'll cf A Very Buffy Christmas to see what changes got made. This story is the bomb. Really captures the feeling of a good Buffy ep.
Darklight chapter 4 . 4/1/2002
it would have been the best if Faith had simple griped the train passing her and got out of town, that cost her the only thing she valued.

But Tricks plan to let the vamps of the reverent be slayed by Faith and his men be save. Isn't working. Faith tracked down his hideout and is hunting his men when they leave for blood.

Faith is taking Tricks pack out one by one, his plan in killing Faiths watcher is beginning to backfire in a big way. It should have kept the slayers of his back, instead he can't move without getting Faith after him.

He can't move out of the complex without getting Faith after him and his numbers are dwindling. Took out 7, only two escaped. A couple of more days and slays and his numbers will be so low that she can attempt a assault on the complex.

As for Josie I first thought she was a relative of Faiths watcher, that came to Sunnydale traveling after her big sis.

With Tricks reaction to her, maybe sensing her blood being like Faiths watcher.

Can't wait to see what Trick is after and what he assignment is.

But after her talk with Angel, she's something more and agitates Angel. Without her interference Buffy would be death, her arrival signals something. And Trick knows who she is and is now after her.

Buffy is getting in more and more trouble, can't take on the darkness on her own.

Instead of Giles using his energy and time to somehow get through to Faith he's doing a play, and he they want Faith to change her mind. No plan on how to get through to Faith, leave her alone, get Faith out of SunnyD and fast.

Get Faith to get Trick and famoose out of Sunnyhell and make her own mark somewhere else. If Wesley shows up get her to deck him through the next wall.
a2zmom chapter 3 . 3/17/2002
ok, now I'm all intrigued. Please get the next chapter up quickly.
Shell chapter 1 . 3/15/2002
Chapter 2 was great. Waiting (patiently I might add hehe) for chapter 3 when you're ready
scarlett caelian chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
Your "Trick Chronicles" are really good! I hope you continue with this story! )
shell chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
alright a new installment, can't wait for the next chapter
bluemagik-not signed in chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
I've been reading your "Trick Chronicles" ever since you started them, but I've never posted a review, and I feel guilty for doing so;) Your ability to capture the characters of BtVS in their true essence is amazing, and you give just enough detail to keep the reader focused while not giving too much. Excellent work.
Calen chapter 1 . 3/1/2002
Interesting, keep writing and I'll keep reading. :)