Reviews for The Apprentice
Margaret Armstrong chapter 17 . 8/22
I adore this story so much; it's one of my constantly re-visited Favorites, and Jigger is fabulously, WONDERFULLY just the kind of mentor I always wish Severus had had.

He's even grumpier and more exacting than the dear Professor, if that's possible. Their mutual dismay about Slughorn's party was entirely understandable and marvelous. I keep wanting to see more of both these Potions Masters, whether in tandem or at loggerheads, and my only consolation is that I most assuredly will find something written by you in the library one of these days.
Nate chapter 21 . 8/18
Updates? Q_Q
Smozzick chapter 19 . 8/2
The relationship between Snape and Lily is wonderful but I have to admit that it's the relationship between Snape and Jigger that I really love. Wonderfully done. A real pity this was never finished.
TheAzreal chapter 21 . 7/28
Your story was very charming. I've never seen such a nicely well-rounded Snape! Never overly self-absorbed nor perfect nor dull, he reads like a real, likable, understandable personal with faults and good-points, flashes of wit and moments of foolishness. It was a very easy story to read and enjoy, and I read it through in one sitting.

It pains me to realize it's abandoned! What of your promises on your lj to post out the plot outline and so forth, if nothing else? I wish you the best of success in your (surely already passed) ceremony and professional life. :) I also once folded a thousand cranes. Were you sure to use the smaller paper? They were huge once we were finished.

Thanks again! I can't imagine you still read theses, three years later, but I wish that you would.
The King in White chapter 21 . 7/23
This was a pretty good fic. A bit different, since I'm no fan of Lily and Snape together. But it's good.
MrRobertsIII chapter 15 . 7/15
Re-reading this great fic. Hope you find the time to continue it.
Seggy chapter 21 . 7/7
As the end of the current story, I want to comment that I always bump into this story and don't mind rereading, even if it ends at the same point since I first read it... but I'd love to see where you meant to go. Character development in this tale is robust, and I really really enjoyed where you took interpersonal interactions. I think it's realistic and really fun.

Don't want to gush too much, but seriously, love it.

If you ever are looking for help bouncing ideas, thoughts, or help with editing, I'd love to help. Most of my work is older and not HP-focused, but schooling keeps a man busy. So, just an offer. Hope to see more of you in the future!

Best, Seg
Seggy chapter 17 . 7/7
Great portrayal or Jigger and Snape's developing... relationship. This is one of my favorite chapters!
Seggy chapter 12 . 7/7
This is my third sweep over this story in as many years. I don't reread things often, but I wouldn't mind calling this my favorite story in the HP fandom. Character interactions from Snape's bemusement at his fellow students to his relationship with various characters are amazingly done. It feels right, and realistic, and I love it, I really do.
Elysia1 chapter 1 . 6/26
Fantastic characterisations! Please continue to write this story :)
Elysia1 chapter 21 . 6/26
OMG! This is a FANTASTIC STORY! Thank you so much for sharing and please don't say that you've abandoned it. You tease with that the next update is a weekend away!
MidnightRain143 chapter 21 . 5/21
Well, I knew what I was getting into. Everyone recs your story and it's definitely up there on the "most wished-for update" list, so I figured it was about time I give it a shot. Now I know what the fuss is all about!

Your story is excellent. I love your characterization of Severus. You capture his inner voice so well and it feels much truer to his character than a lot of other authors out there. I also became quite fond of Jigger and Cadogan. Severus and Jigger are so alike... it's really a pleasure to read their interactions. And I love the (friendly) sniping back and forth between Severus and Cadogan. And Lily! At least as this story comes to a halt, Severus has decided he CAN be with Lily like he has always wanted. Your portrayal of their relationship is quite lovely.

As it's been years since you've updated, I'm not expecting to see anymore... but if you ever do decide to continue, rest assured that you have hoards of readers who will gladly continue reading! All the best in your current and future writing endeavors.
Indra Senin chapter 20 . 5/18
Are you serious?
Iarkhos chapter 21 . 5/11
It's a shame you abandoned this after all, it was pretty good :(
manic panic chapter 21 . 4/27
I have enjoyed your story, and hope that you will some day consider going back to it and continuing it. I know that the last book turned many people off of the fandom, and several others decided to delete their works so they could become paid authors instead of fanfic writers. Whatever your circumstance may be, know that there are always people who love your work here.