Reviews for Ashes Of The Wake
BreathingMagic chapter 1 . 2/21
Read this a second time now and apparently didn't review the first time around (whaaaaat?!) so here goes nothing: It's a good thing that Reviews need to be written, not spoken, because with this big heavy lump in my throat I'm not sure I could - it's hard enough to see around the tears pricking my eyes. That was SO beautiful. Breathtaking. Haunting. Everything! Your writing is just SO amazing, you're playing with my emotions like it's nothing and leave me torn and overwhelmed. So if that was your goal, then well done, because it is going to take a while for me to recover from this. The loyalty in this is amazing, as is everything else, the grief of the people, Arthur's breaking point, it is all so gripping. Pheew... I gotta learn how to breathe again. Thank you for sharing, this is truly a treasure among all Merlin fanfiction.
MEIPHANTOMHIVE chapter 1 . 1/28
...Blue rose?
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Really tugs at the heart, but this is probably how a reveal with Uther still on the throne would've turned out. Nicely written. Thank you for posting this!
FudoTwin17 chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Oh, my gosh. This is depressing, yet somehow sweet. I really love it, even if it broke (still breaks) my heart.
Will of the Abyss - AllenxRoad chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
I have a feeling the flowers are forget-me-nots :P

Yunno, you made me cry. It wasn't a sob, but I have a bunch of tears and I don't know what t do with them. Usually I'm not affected by character deaths, I guess because I remember they aren't really dead, and it's just one fic, but this one was depressing as hell. Such feels. Good job at making me cry. That's when you know a story's good.

Abyss-chan out!
Engxty Piksy chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Oh. My. God! Im crying so hard right now lol. Brilliant job. Such a heart touching story. :)
Cha'90 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
This story really moved me to tears. Heart-breaking, especially the part after Merlin's death.
yay chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Blue flowers...forgetmenots?
This is really sad.
Fulgance chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Ha.
I do believe this is the first fic on this site to make me cry in a long time.
At the very least, it's the first Merlin fic I've cried over. So thanks for that.

I just... have no words. I don't think there's anything else to say, really, only that I started crying when Gwen did, stopped crying when Merlin slowed down time, and cried again from "Hey" onto the end. Arthur was just so... so heartbroken and heart-breaking. The writing, the pacing is perfect.
The ending nearly killed me.
As I said, there are no words.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
... Forget-me-nots..? Though those often represent romantic love (as opposed to friendly/brotherly love)...

Anyway... wow. Not that I've read a lot of fics where Merlin's killed because he's been found out, but, overall, this is the best so far.

Amazing fic!

Caity :)
Not Here Not There Not Me chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I have no words for this absolutely stunning piece of work. I'm so late into the Merlin fandom (I'm just now starting season five), so this is the first piece of fanfiction for Merlin that I've read.

And I'm certainly glad I started with yours! It's impeccable, in character, realistic, and so heartwrenching. It takes a lot to get me emotional when reading, and you almost made me a blubbering fool.

SO WELL DONE! I look forward to reading more from you!
-Lullaby-
sarah-michele21 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
This is actually the first story I've read written about this, and it was amazing. You made me cry, which is usually very hard to do. Arthur and Merlin felt very in character, and your writing was intense and beautiful. Amazing job. :)
Rubes99 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Amazing work. I actually cried, which is something that's pretty hard to make me do.
zendog chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Fantastic. As you say the story has been done before (but it's such a fantastic plot who can really resist having a go at it), but I don't think I've read one that is so touching and moving. Beautifully written but gut wrenchingly sad.
Druitt chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Why do all your stories make me feel like sobbing my heart out?! Brilliant story.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »