Reviews for A Home in Princeton
BabalooBlue chapter 25 . 11/12/2012
Thanks for this story, I really enjoyed it! Some really cool scenes in it. :)
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 10 . 2/12/2012
just want to say AGAIN, if Wilson ever conceded to the fact that House is a GOOD MAN (PILOT episode, he couldn't tell the patient, which he lied to House about being his cousin, that House was a good man...could only say he was a good doctor) I might actually think that Wilson, the philandering, lying, cheating, manipulating, conspiring, ungrateful yutz had a brain after all and knew what friendship really was. He continually takes sides AGAINST his so called "best friend"...EVERY TIME. Wilson (who constantly cheats on his wives) chewed out House when House sent Stacy back to her husband (when House realized that Stacy only wanted a fling)..which makes House a better man than Wilson. Wilson wanted House to have an affair with Cameron (A FREAKING EMPLOYEE FOR GOD'S SAKE)...yea real ethical. When House showed interest in Nora (The Down Low) Wilson told her what a rotten man House was...nice (knowing that House was trying to get over his broken heart over Cuddy and Lucas)...kinda would think that Wilson would butt out of any effort that House was putting out to connect with a woman. Oh and let's not forget the debacle of HUDDY...whose side did Wilson take there? Ok Alex I'll take Cuddy's side for $1000. Asking House to do the Deep Brain Stimulation, blaming him for Amber's death (did Wilson also blame House for all other injuries/deaths on that BUS?), constant lecturing and pontificating...god I HATE WILSON. rant: Dennis Miller style. Great job on this story...
patipatiti chapter 25 . 5/1/2011
i love it! i love all the saga jejeje
coastspy chapter 25 . 2/17/2011
Love this story and the whole saga, bur I must admit that I would like to read a sequel with them having a baby togehter. I can't remeber if you have written something about them beeing not able to become parents togehter, if so I apologise, but I have read this story in bits and also read a lot of other stories in between.

SO again, great story! Love your characters, Karen, the kids, Donna...

...maybe a one-shot about them becoming parents. It would be great.
anon004 chapter 25 . 2/6/2011
Knew it! Karen was fixing up Donna with Wilson!

And the best line about the fix-up: You didn't have to go to that much trouble." He told Donna. "He's going to be very needy. You could wear a sack and he'd still be an easy target."

So true of Wilson and so House to say it!

Loved the shout out to glennie, too. Well, if she can't have House becuase Karen does, I'm sure she could somehow settle for Hugh Jackman!

I'm glad House has found a place to call home, but I'm sad the saga is over. I loved Karen and her kids, and Donna, and Frank the Clueless was a great foil.

Oh, well, I'll send a positive thought to your muse for another great story like this one!
lovefanfic55 chapter 25 . 2/5/2011
thank you so much for this wonderful loving story...so glad that House finally realized that he was home and that he had a family that loved him...and accepted him...even his rough edges...they had a lot stack against them...but they put their shoulders together and worked out the difficult spots...and House is wonderful with the kids...would be cool if they decided to have one more...haaaa...thank you Laniki for one terrific story...sal
glenlivet19 chapter 25 . 2/4/2011
OOOO, You hooked Kathy up with a Hugh Jackman look-alike!

**swoon***

That was fabulous!

The party was a big success,, not too many people for House,, and he actually seemed to enjoy himself. The tequilla/worm analogy was great. Nice that he realized that they had all conquered the worms in life. And he's happy to be home! YAY!

Great ending and Great fic! Looking forward to your next one!

glennie
Alex chapter 25 . 2/3/2011
Thanks for writing this wonderful little tale! "Little" only in comparison with many of the 60 very long chapters epics in House/OC around _ It was a joy to read.

I recommend you for taking such a normal, everyday story and character and writing a believable House-romance! I think it's much harder to make that work and keep readers interest than having glamourous, rich, dramatic, super-successful OC characters with huge things happening to her and House (near-fatal accidents/terrible illnesses/pregnancies and babies/crime etc.) during the story and a mysterious/tragic/larger than life past. You did imo excellently with your very normal, down to earth OC and later kids, and fitting House in with them, making it realistic!

And kudos for not having buy House some hideously expensive piece of jewelry! Not missing that trope of House, the enthusiastic jewelry shopper *snort* finding deep meaning in the form and design of a ready bought ring or necklace - complete with several loving paragraphs of gem and precious metal description - at all. The house in her name I found much more touching, thoughtful and Housian! Especially with making the arrangement and having her benefit, without actually telling her about the gesture, trying to keep it quiet: that rang very true.

The only thing I could have done without was the "match Wilson with someone from the woman's circle" at the end. That made me cringe. Both because it's so overdone, because apparently every OCs single female friends go for his particular type and attract him in return which I find unrealistic - especially when the women in question are the self-confident, assertive non-needy type. (Remember the only of Wilson's exes we know who was like that, Amber, got together with Wilson after she was for once vulnerable, needy and upset when being fired minutes away from her dream job! So even she fulfilled his type at that moment at least, beyond his established appreciation of her physical attractions) And because I honestly believe setting a friend up with Wilson of all people is a truly mean thing to do to said friend and sure reciepe for desaster.

Wilson is just as screwed up as House and much, much worse when it comes to relationships. Because House is aware of his limitations and flaws, something which Wilson utterly lacks. In fact, he goes out of his way to avoid any kind of self-awareness or reflection, reflexively blaming anyone else - preferably House - on his relationship-issues. If we take in all the terrible views he has so far expressed in how he thinks adult relationships function, especially in this season... I mean, he agrees unconditionally with everything his girlfriend/wife says on certain topics, REGARDLESS of his actual views and opinions, and in exchange she owes him sex? Instead of actually talking about issues apologize for things you feel you're in the right about so you'll get laid again and keep peace - by completely avoiding the actual problem? Seriously? I'd make sure that any female acquaintance I liked stayed far away from relationship-wreck!Wilson or at least knew his relationship failure history.

And really, why can't House be content in a relationship without Wilson having to be paired off too? Makes no sense. As if singles would/should cease to exist as soon as the main characters are happily together... Always with the involvement of either House matchmaking (and when have we ever seen House pushing someone at Wilson canonically?) or the OC introducing them from her friends and enthusiastically approve to pursuing House's best friend. That is actually more a general pet peeve of mine with House/OC-fics rather than specifically yours.
Brighid45 chapter 25 . 2/3/2011
So sad to see this excellent story end, but what a great read this has been! Thank goodness for fic and for great writers like you. Love the ending with House in Karen's arms, loving and loved and ready to face the years together-so perfect!

Looking forward to more fic from you when time and the muse allow. Thanks so much for sharing this story with us Laniki :)
JiraiyasGirl chapter 25 . 2/2/2011
Awwww...I loved the ending and am totally gonna miss this story!
hilandmum chapter 25 . 2/2/2011
The way you ended this so fit the story - it was perfect!

Mum
Pyewacket75 chapter 25 . 2/2/2011
Awesome story! :) I'm sad to see it end, but curious as to what you're going to work on next.
anon004 chapter 24 . 2/1/2011
Wow! Karen is an accountant! Cool! Gotta hate tax time, in any case.

And House buying her the house. That is incredibly sweet. And not to impress her or anything, but so she and her children would feel secure. He is the master of the grand, truly romantic gesture, isn't he?

Hmm, Wilson breaks up with Sam and then Karen wants a party, but only for their "closest friends"? Do I sense a fix-up coming? Wilson and Donna, perhaps? She would be perfect for him - tough and no nonsense - like Amber without the fear.

And by the next chapter being the last, I assume you mean there will be another story in this series. At least I hope so.

Nice job.
glenlivet19 chapter 24 . 1/31/2011
OMG,, what a sweet gesture! That was amazing!

OH, and Wilson is single again,,, and Karen is planning a party,,,do I detect some matchmaking going on here?
hilandmum chapter 24 . 1/30/2011
Buying her the house was a very romantic gesture and I can imagine House doing something like that, then keeping it a secret from her.

Mum