Reviews for Running from Silence
Blackcat chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
What ding is it? This is wonderfully written!
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I liked the characters of Vampire Knight a lot more than the plot, and Cross Kaien was one of my favorites. I'm really glad to read a fic where Juuri escapes canon incest and gets to be with the incomparable Kaien instead. Excellent work building Juuri as a sympathetic character and showing the darkness and sorrow of the life she doesn't think she can escape. When she meets Kaien there's this moment of hope that you really don't think will go anywhere since you know what happens in canon. However, you're willing to diverge from the original. Huzzah! As Kaien was flamboyantly goofy for most of the anime, it's very amusing to think that he might have been overly serious at some point in his life, but also very sweet that Juuri was the one who opened up his humorous side. Very good job with all the characterizations of Rido's creepiness, her parents aloofness and status obsession, and Haruka's withdrawn compassion. Juuri and Kaien were good too, I just find them harder to sum up in a few words. It was supremely satisfying when Kaien suggested they run away together and it actually works. The arc of this story was well done with how the photograph ties in to the beginning and the end. The reveal that it's actually Yuuki in the picture rather than Juuri worked well. Are her two older brother Kaname and Zero? That would be weird. Zero should have safely been born into the Kiryuu family though so Yuuki's brothers would be Kaname and OC or even OC and OC. Bit of a tangent, sorry. Even though there're tragic elements in this and Juuri's still has some problems with the past, it seems ultimately uplifting. She's escaped her pureblood family and is getting to live out her own life freely with a family who loves her. Yay! I like that better than the manga or the anime.
APrincessThatNeedsNoPrince chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Wow. that's probably the best song-fic I've ever read, though mind you, I havent read too much of them as they werent that good. The ending almost brought a tear to my eye. The Haruka bit..: I never got my chance. :'( So sad. But GREAT job! Loved it!
TheUntameableShrew chapter 1 . 4/26/2012