Reviews for Harry Potter and the Siren's Song
Guest chapter 2 . 10/18/2014
No lewdness, yeah! (He's only a pervert when it's gay.) Get out. (No.) Say goodbye to your tarantula. (You wouldn't dare.) You really don't know me, do you? (…) Good bye!
medotcomslashme chapter 9 . 9/29/2014
im sorry. everytime i read the ending i tear up a little. while the ending is short, it is beautiful, and the story is just amazing.
here again chapter 9 . 9/22/2014
Lovely lovely and truly unique fic...wonderful story
hotty chapter 4 . 9/21/2014
Ooo..I am sweating. ..I can't find a siren to cool me...where is my cucumber. .ummmm...good. ..
rlchala chapter 9 . 9/14/2014
I had a ton of fun reading this fic. It was not the first one of your works that had enthralled me (elemental Harry was amazing as well), but I never expected to enjoy it so much.

You were very tasteful while describing Harry's and Daphne's escapades. When a story depends on the sexuality of their protagonist, their love making tends to get boring and repetitive. You were able to avoid this.

Big fan of your work
Illuviar chapter 9 . 9/13/2014
This was an Awesome story! Well done!
kaiserwolfe chapter 9 . 9/9/2014
stupid meddling old coot and a different lined story
Mike Kinkaid chapter 9 . 9/8/2014
A very nice story. Well written, and a pleasure to read. I actually liked the story part of this so much, that I skipped most of the sexual scenes (of which there were quite a few)... which I will admit is not normal for me when reading such stories. I wish you luck with your future writings.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/30/2014
Anonymous D. here, and... wow, way to make a grown man cry from the sheer magnificence of this.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 8/31/2014
Oh, bummer! I'm terribly disappointed. It's been three years since there was an update, and the notes at the top say the story is complete. Does this mean you have no further intentions of finishing the story? It really is an interesting premise - a bit different than most Harry-Daphne stories.

I do hope you take the time to finish it soon. I'm curious to know what happens with Hermione, Molly, Cho (I'm assuming Bill and Fleur educate Ginny and get her squared away), Rita, and Dumbledore. Actually, I'd like to know what happens with all of Harry's friends, too ... the good guys.

Of course, I realize Dumbledore is simply mad at having been left out of the loop and ignored. Hehe! The old coot! I'd really like to know what ultimately becomes of him ... and Minerva, Snape, Poppy, and even Hogwarts. Oh! And please include something about Fawkes, who seems to be "familiar talking" with Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 8/31/2014
I hope Daphne and Minerva keep Harry's meltdown to themselves. That is one way to totally destroy Harry. Dumbledore definitely should not be told. He'll use it against Harry.

Are you not "doing Horcruxes"?
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 8/30/2014
I wouldn't say you are out of canon completely with Hermione and Molly. I like Hermione, too; however, she can be an incredible busybody (the Firebolt business; practically forcing Harry into starting the DA), she has a tendency to be very bossy, and she can be extremely self-righteous regarding practices in the magical world (the whole business with the House Elves, for example). She has a serious blind spot where authority figures - Dumbledore, in particular - and BOOKS are concerned, and she has an occasional tendency to be a smug know-it-all when it comes to her intelligence. These are all very real aspects of her character that make an appearance now and then. Depending on how they are "slanted," Hermione can appear to be very obstinate and controlling as opposed to caring and concerned.

As far as Molly is concerned, she has underlying Pureblood prejudices. They may not appear often, but I think they're there in how she treats Fleur. I detest both that situation and her high-handed behavior toward Sirius in his own home. She tried to control not only him but also Harry in ways that made me want to yell at the woman and slap her. By putting the focus on these things and making much of her love potion comments, it's easy enough to lump her with Albus when it comes to attempts to control Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 8/30/2014
"Harry Potter would soon be falling under her daughter's spell, and then he really would be her son. ... It simply was meant to be." Um, I think Daphne and Harry have a VERY different opinion. Sorry, Molly.

I think (hope?) Bill might be able to help Ginny understand and deal with the bond a bit better. Ron is certainly handling everything far better than I ever believed he would, and I was surprised that even Dean and Seamus helped with running interference. Neville was a given, as he has always been loyal to Harry.

I'm glad Harry put Dumbledore in his place when he demanded a meeting. He is far too involved in Harry's life for someone who has done so little to help Harry. Perhaps Lord Greengrass might also be able to help in the future.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
"[Ron] wondered if Harry wouldn't mind sharing some of his secrets with him. He had to have serious moves if he had melted the Ice Princess so thoroughly." I'm not sure Ron really understands the whole scope of the situation yet. Still, it is nice to see him in "understanding and accepting friend" mode for a change. I'm glad that Bill is aware of Ginny's feelings and sees that she would not be a good mate for Harry, even without the Siren thing. Alas, I don't think we can count on the same level of understanding from Molly.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 8/30/2014
"... everyone always assumes that if the connection were reversed, that Voldemort would only feel pain instead of Harry's emotions."

Consider Voldemort's possession of Harry in the Ministry. I don't have my book handy, but I believe it said something to the effect that, as Harry trapped in the coils of Voldemort's possession, he realized he was dying and suddenly thought of seeing Sirius again, and his heart flooded with emotion ... at which point he was released and Voldemort fled. I think possessing a body so full of pure, innocent love must have caused pain to a "creature" so devoid of love as Voldemort. Sexual lust is different; he probably just sees lust as an "itch that must be scratched." I wonder, though, if he will begin to feel actual pain as the love bond grows between Harry and Daphne.

Daphne paints an interesting picture of Hermione. (It actually sounds more like one of the "scheming Ginny" characterizations in other stories.) If she is correct, Harry must feel even more betrayed than he felt in the first chapter of your story.

LOL at Dumbledore ... the nosy old coot! I'm glad everyone is shielding him for now. He thinks he is so clever, but his motives stand out all over him.
992 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »