Reviews for Sepia Images
NatShinigami chapter 54 . 2/15
This fic is amazing! One of the best I've read in this fandom.
I particularly liked the way the grudges and angels inside Kyoko's mind helped further her feelings and such, it had an Inside-Out feeling to it, though this story was written before that movie. I also liked the fact that even with the fact of Kyoko starring on a new drama was what set the plot in motion you didn't go down the worn path of making them star together or her needing his help with some scenes. I liked your portrayal of Sho and their reconciliation, I always rout for Ren but he is easy to like when written as good as you did.
If I had to point a complain about this fic is that you never made clear if in the end of Sepia Images Aya ends up with Ko or with Ryuu. Yuudai was a worthy rival, though not really all that interesting - although with original characters nothing seems to be completely okay with us readers so don't mind me on this -, and the plot was overal sweet. Another detail I liked is that you avoided most cliches about missunderstandings and such and it was very refreshing.
Your writing was well paced for this couple, though a few times I felt Kyoko being more western-ly in her interactions with other characters it was nothing serious. I can't say anything about the overlook into Ren's deep well of guilt and self-hatred because I don't remember where the manga was when this was written but it was overall okay and it's nice after reading some really dark stories out there to find this sweet piece.
Thanks for imagining this and releasing it to the world - and even more for finishing it!
yet again chapter 54 . 1/28
:) thaank you for writing, it was lovely
Moko chapter 54 . 12/29/2016
OHMYGOODNESS! ahhhh, the feels. The best and fluffiest story ever.
ThelMe chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
I just spent the lat two days reading this and although I've been on for a while now, I can honestly say that this is the first review I'm writing cause I'm normally too awkward to do so. I just felt like I had to say just how well written this story is in terms of characterization, pacing, the plotline, and its grasp on human interaction, but mostly I admired how it felt so real. Suffice it to say, I loved it.
Michiyo chapter 54 . 8/14/2016
Lovely story! Thank you for sharing!
Michiyo chapter 47 . 8/13/2016
Sho redeemed! Nuff said. Well done!
Jennosaur chapter 54 . 8/13/2016
Oh my god, I can't believe I just spent a whole day reading :') SO worth it though, lol. This story is fantastic, I've already read the whole thing through once, so this is actually my second time reading. I'm totally on a Skip Beat kick! Picking up a manga again after a few years makes me want to reread all the fanfiction I saved to my favorites of the fandom.
Anyways, holy crap, this fic is seriously amazing. From the way you personified her grudges, to the OC's that you included. Everything is so stunningly written and planned! I'm so glad you finished this story, and I'm so glad you shared this with us.
Michiyo chapter 39 . 8/13/2016
Goodness gracious. That's one of the best scenes i've ever read. ROFL! Ren xD thank you for sharing!
Michiyo chapter 37 . 8/13/2016
Fangirling Yukihito is love :D
Michiyo chapter 36 . 8/13/2016
So many good things in this chapter! :D
Guest chapter 54 . 7/24/2016
Oh I really liked this story! I could see the manga play out in my head. Especially with the grudges and Kyokos moods.
Guest chapter 54 . 7/14/2016
It is 12 am, and I am fangirl squealing into my pillow in an effort to not wake my family. Suffice it to say, I LOVE THIS!
Guest chapter 30 . 7/11/2016
I love how intersperse scenes of grudges, Yashiro, and Lory throughout. It really adds depth to the story!
ilko chapter 53 . 4/26/2016
I started to cry when Cunning did and couldn't stop until the end. It was a fantastic scene, and the perfect climax of a progression that was already the highlight of the whole story. I'm so happy for Kyoko! This is a wonderful happy ending.
ilko chapter 39 . 4/26/2016
I'm so proud of Kyoko for her amazing compassion and maturity when dealing with Sho. She's really incredible. :) Oh, Ren. Kyoko becoming more mature is not an excuse for you backsliding.