Reviews for Chuck Vs The Pond
s-david-m chapter 9 . 11/12/2012
Ominous cliffhanger. I hope you continue this soon. As I expected, the Casey arc is going to be dark and tortuous. I'm looking forward to it.

I still think the Sarah arc is a little too neat and tidy given how lost she was feeling when she rescued Chuck. Too convenient that Chuck is some kind of magicsl sad-Sarah elixir. I do like that you continue to interject subtle differences with dream Sarah, and I think this angle has a lot of potential. Sarah developing protective instincts for Chuck could become a nice parallel to the start of the show where she's very protective of him.

This Ellie twist is going to be interesting as well. They must have some leverage considering they could go public with the recorded footage and documentation Orion no doubt obtained.

Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
s-david-m chapter 6 . 11/12/2012
I think you have a fantastic concept here, but I think Sarah somehow already being attracted to Chuck, and yearning for him before even knowing him ruins it just a little. He hasn't yet done anything that won over dream Sarah, so why is real Sarah aching to get in his pants already? Her feelings just come out of nowhere. The "fated love" theme doesn't really make for compelling stories in my opinion.

You set up a great reason for her to seek him out in this chapter, because it shows Chuck and the reader that there really are differences between dream and real Sarah, and it sets the stage for she and Chuck to actually talk though some of it.

Except for my reservations above, the story is well written and I'm looking forward to finishing the chapters that are posted. I hope you do something really interesting with Casey, because that's a tough inner battle he's been fighting for 6 months, and it should be given a proper conclusion.
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 9 . 5/16/2012
I agree with everyone, please continue the story! It's like a radical Alice in Wonderland version of Chuck, except makes more sense, especially of the finale. My take on the two bullets: one for Chuck, the other for himself.
Dark Vizard447 chapter 9 . 4/15/2012
AWESOME! I love this fic. Update soon!
retropanda37 chapter 9 . 12/22/2011
Hi Tynianrex! Sorry I'm only catching up on this chapter now...life has a way of interfering with fandom, does it not? But I have to say that I really enjoyed the chapter! Your writing continues to be wonderful and a pleasure to read. I think you excel at developing the characters into strong, interesting versions of themselves, complete with the exploration of their emotional and moral struggles. It was very interesting to see Casey's struggle, especially in his conversation and subsequent torture of Hannah. I'm very curious as to how his two bullets will play out.

I also continue to love Ellie in this story. She never got nearly enough credit on the show - clearly to have raised herself and Chuck so successfully she's much stronger than she looks and possesses some iron inner will. I guess we did get to see a glimpse of her kicking butt in the most recent episode, haha!

I look forward to more of this fascinating story! Hope you enjoy the holiday season :)
Fire From Above chapter 9 . 11/29/2011
I would have guessed that the bullet would be for himself, but the two shots he needs says otherwise.
chuckfan56 chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
It's about time you came back. I've been missing this story.

Excellent job with this chapter and no, I don't have any sympathy for Casey in this chapter.
jinxed97 chapter 9 . 9/30/2011
Great chapter...
spcr71 chapter 9 . 9/29/2011
Nice chapter, I liked the flipping back and forth part. Casey's internal conflict definitely humanizes him. Hopefully next chapter we can have more C&S scenes.
Hypnotoad chapter 9 . 9/29/2011
Great to see an update to this story! Looking forward to another update soon! .. Please?
Paladinobr chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
First I hope that you're fine because you disappeared. As for this chapter it was a very good one. I liked that Casey is at least with some conflict about what he's doing. I'm not a fa of Hannah but here on your story I could enjoy her and besides she gave to Chuck and Sarah some minutes to run away. What is going to happen to Ellie and Bryce? I need more relationship between Chuck and Sarah, :).

Waiting for the next chapter and please don't disappear, lol, put your job and life aside and go write the next chapter, heheheheheh.
Frea O'Scanlin chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
Man, am I glad to see this story back. Lots of interesting character developments in this chapter, with Ellie's sacrifice, and Casey's being at war with himself. Also, Sarah looks like she's surprising herself, which is always one of my favorite facets of her character, so I thoroughly enjoyed all of this.

One thing: it's a pet peeve, but I hate it when people put entire scenes in italics. It just takes me completely out of the story and I have to fight to get back into it, which is really sad because there are some great scenes that are all in italics. I understand why people do it, but honestly, I think most everybody is better off with a simple and clean scene break. This is, however, just a personal thing, so please ignore me if you don't agree.

And Chuck totally looks like a closet biker. Uh, but, you know, the bicyclist type instead. :) Excellent chapter, and I'm really glad to have you back!
jaytoyz chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
As I'm sure everyone is saying, welcome back. So very happy to see a new chapter for this great story. Solid writing and a chapter ending that leaves me hoping your next update doesn't take as long as this one. Once again, welcome back. JT
sioraf chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
Yay you updated! I thought that this story was going to be unfinished which would be a shame because it is so good. Hopefully we won't have to wait so long for the next chapter.

Loved the chapter and felt you wrote Casey's conflict between what he has to do for his country and what he feels would be the right thing to do really well.
supesfan18 chapter 9 . 9/28/2011
short but a welcome sight to see. welcome back and cant wait for more.