Reviews for Withered Tree
KiwiClover chapter 6 . 9/8/2010
Wow. I sit here after having finished reading, genuinely and pleasantly stunned at the quality and depth of this piece of writing. Your characterization and execution are amazing and so true to the spirit of Tolkien's works, despite the rather chilled, somewhat greyer version of events that is explored.

Your use of imagery is beautiful, and through gestures and small actions you manage to say much about the characters that they could never just tell us about themselves. In particular I was very moved by the scene where Faramir opens the drapes to allow in a fresh breeze, and Denethor upon arriving in his room swiftly shuts them again. I can't describe exactly the sense I got upon reading the scene, except that it seemed to mirror the mindsets of both men. Very telling.

The layers of emotion in the story are complex yet universal...another reviewer summed up the story nicely with the word "uneasy" - I completely agree, in a good way.

Thank you for this wonderful read! Stories like this are why I still read fanfiction. :)
Shipwright's Trick chapter 6 . 9/8/2010
Truly one of the finest examples of LotR fanfiction. The manner was very Tolkienesque, everyone was in character, and I was thrilled and uneasy at the same time. Not a comfortable situation, but well-executed. Thank you for this wonderful story!
Darkover chapter 6 . 9/8/2010
This was *very* good. Your style was such that Tolkien himself might have written this fic, and your characterization was spot on. Thanks so much for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
18 | « Prev Page 1 2