Reviews for The End of the Third Age
This story... my goodness. It is absolutely beautiful. I happened upon this little gem recently, and wondered why it did not have more reviews than it does. It certainly deserves them. Your characterization, descriptions, dialogue, story line... wow, I could go on and on. You're amazing. This story is amazing. What I love most about this story and all of the other ones you have written is that they are BELIEVABLE. You could not image the countless stories I have read that just didn't get it quite right. There was something or other about them that did not suck me into the wonderful, magical land that is Tolkien's Middle Earth. This story, YOUR STORY, did. And you should be very proud of that. Now, I notice that the story is incomplete, and that you have not updated in a while. Which implies to me that maybe this story will not meet its end. But... I don't think it matters. I feel what you have given us is enough. I do not feel a nagging need to know what comes next. Please don't take that the wrong way. I would LOVE to read the conclusion to this tale. What I am trying to say is that, you have laid out this story so well and took so much care with it that I can very clearly and vividly imagine the ending you had intended without the need for words. I do not feel unsettled by its incompletion because I feel I have come to know the characters and their emotions so intimately that I know their hearts and how they would react to all that has happened. That probably did not make one iota of sense; but, oh well, I tried. I will still always yearn to read how you would write it though. ;)

If in the future you feel the need to return to this story, I will be among the many in line to read it. Until then, keep writing, keep creating, and keep bringing joy through your wonderful words to all us hungry readers.

You were blessed with a marvelous talent. Let it not go to waste.

From one Tolkien enthusiast to another...

Hannon le, mellon-nin.
AnnabethPrimroseGranger chapter 12 . 4/3/2013
Wow... This story is beautiful. I cannot wait for the next chapter.
ShadowHawq35 chapter 12 . 3/27/2013
I loved this chapter! Can't wait for the reunion between Legolas and Estel!
world-classgeek chapter 12 . 3/27/2013
He's not dead! Yay! *huge sigh of relief* keep it up!
StarLight9 chapter 11 . 3/21/2013
Just finished rereading this chapter for the third time. I can't get enough of it! There is so much beauty here that my heart will burst! Thank you, thank you for writing something so beautiful! You have no idea how happy you make me!

Legolas's final conversation with Aragorn was just perfect; every single word. Even though Aragorn believes he is dying, his greatest fear is that Legolas will watch him die and suffer. He understands how pained his friend is and finds compassion even when he is in so much pain himself. And Legolas - I could clearly feel all of his emotions. His anger at Aragorn giving up is very strong, but it is overwhelmed by his love for his friend and his desire to let the man be at peace and to spare him any pain. He must have been in agony to make his promise, knowing that by making the promise he acknowledges the possibility that Aragorn might not be there to make sure he keeps it, but most of all Legolas wants to put the man's heart at ease, and is willing to suffer the pain that comes with this.

I loved Haythalm, as always, and Legolas's transformation at the end was beautiful and inspiring to behold. I wonder what happened to Darcyn. We saw Haythalm fight him, but not kill him, and even though his army is heading towards defeat, he could easily retreat with the rest of his forces and survive this. As much as I want him to get justice, I must admit I don't want this story to be over, and alive and free Darcyn means story goes on :-)

I can't wait to see the twins' reaction to Aragorn's fall. I don't believe you'll really kill him, and we already saw that the healers are very good, so there is always hope. And of course Elrond is there to help! I only hope Legolas won't delay taking the cure too much. I guess everyone will have a lot on their minds right now, but I hope they won't forget to remind him.

Please, please, update soon! This story is like food for my soul!
Aralas chapter 11 . 3/19/2013
You have really grown as a writer. Captivating story and very good characterization!

Just thought I'd point out a little detail: in these last two chapters, I didn't see where Legolas removed or unfastened the headdress he had used to disguise himself while escaping, but he must have for Aragorn and others to recognise him. Maybe I missed it?

Other than that, it was really good.
world-classgeek chapter 11 . 3/18/2013
THIS IS AMAZING! Aragorn can't die... Not now not after all of this...
can't wait for an update!
ShadowHawq35 chapter 11 . 3/17/2013
OH MY GOD I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! So much emotion! I really hope Estel doesn't die! Poor Legolas and Estel, they both are going through so much! Please update soon!
LI7 chapter 10 . 3/11/2013
Wait, chapter 10 isn't the end?! Nooooooooo! Write more, please, quickly!
LI7 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Mirkwood was not named Greenwood after the defeat of Sauron; its original name was Greenwood, but was later changed to Mirkwood when darkness came to it. Later, it would have been *renamed* Greenwood
I think this is interesting, well-written, and very much lacking in the vernacular terms that annoy me so much when they appear in LOTR fanfics.
In my opinion, Arwen would benefit from some athelas treatment. I have been wondering why Aragorn, as a healer (being a king who can use athelas) is not healing Arwen.
Jenevi chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA
MH galor chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
OSM! I've read these nonstop. can't wait for the next Ch!
ShadowHawq35 chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
GASP! PLEASE WRITE MORE OH MY GOD THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SUSPENSEFUL AHHHHH! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!
Fan chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
Loving this fic! I cant wait to read what happens next! Please update soon! :-)
AllTrekkedUp chapter 10 . 3/8/2013
OMG! What a chapter! :O :) I must know what happens next!