Reviews for The Long Road Parallel
keaneplay chapter 6 . 11/30/2010
Now that is how I wanted the show to portray that moment. If you just watch that one episode (with little or no prior knowledge of the show) you get the impression that she just doesn't care enough to recepricate his feelings. With her potential thoughts out there for us to read, it adds a whole new aspect to why she couldn't say those 3 words back.

You can understand her hesitation, which means you've written this chapter very well :)
keaneplay chapter 5 . 11/30/2010
Enjoyed the chapter, I see the first signs of doubt being formed in Penny's mind, she may have been distracted for a bit but they are definately there. As for Kurt, I hate that guy! He's such a... I don't know what word to use!

It was nice to see you showing Penny's character growth in this chapter, though I'm sure Kurt disagrees that it was a good thing.
CountryGrl chapter 15 . 11/30/2010
Oh my, this was amazing. And somehow it didn't matter that you didn't get them back together because as you said, this means it could very well have happened offscreen. This was a brilliant exploration of Penny's head, and also in part, Kurt's. I still hate him, maybe even more than I did before, but you definitely put him across right! And aww that scene with Sheldon in the penultimate chapter was the cutest thing! You write their friendship so simply and beautifully, ahh I just love it. And that last chapter...well, it's a good job I'm not at school so I didn't have to stop reading halfway, 'cuz I wouldn't have been able to, it was that tense. And I can totally see Leonard going after her like that, even after everything - this fic really captured how, even when they're not actually together, they really care about each other... Fantastic stuff.
keaneplay chapter 4 . 11/29/2010
Sheldon Jokes Hilarity! (Though not from the characters point of view). Although this scene was really cute to read - the knowledge of what is about to happen makes me really sad and wary of getting too used to their closeness...

Nice bowling story though - great to have some extra insight into why Penny is so good at bowling :D
keaneplay chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Poor Sheldon - his joke was ignored, his friends left him alone and he can't figure out where he went wrong :D

Leonard and Penny were really caught in the moment - though the fall into the apartment as Sheldon opened the door was funny! I think it was a good decision to go into her apartment, rather than stay with the other guys though.

Oh and I wonder how Howard manages to get his scooter back!
keaneplay chapter 2 . 11/28/2010
Penny and Bernadette's friendship is as great as ever in your stories - they really do have get along fantastically :D

The little bits of comedy that you included were nice, added another dimension to Penny's impending meeting with Kurt. Their actual conversation was pretty much how I expected - him spinning a story about being really sorry and Penny (eventually) giving him a chance to prove himself.

Leonard's reaction was nice to see, though his warning that Penny should 'castrate' Kurt if he tries anything was hilarious :D
keaneplay chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Kurt... what a *insert expletive*. I'm interested to see the way you progress with this story - I've never read one from an ex-boyfriend point of view (unless you count Leonard...).

Anyway, its interesting to look at things from Kurts point of view - he seems absolutely convinced that he's the good guy and that Penny was the villian that caused the destruction of their previous relationship. Very unique story :)
amtrak12 chapter 10 . 11/8/2010
I heart Zack. :D Troy does the loveable-idiot better, but for someone who was only in one episode (and as a rival love interest at that), Zack was freaking awesome.

I also really love your characterization of Cheryl that you included. She wasn't in any of the scenes, but you still learn a lot about her just from Penny's internal musings. Like the sentence "Penny was glad to have some company while her friend played the let's-do-it-as-soon-as-I-get-home card." - great extra detail that helps flesh the story out! :D
amtrak12 chapter 9 . 11/7/2010
***"I know that we broke up. I know that I left him. I know that he was perfectly allowed to sleep with her. I know that he didn't cheat, but…it feels like it."***

Awwww! ;( *hugs Penny* I know, baby, I know!

And this is why I was so torn on who I would comfort first after the breakup originally. :(

Bernadette would definitely be that honest with Penny! I love that. She'd be the sympathetic friend, but she also wouldn't sugarcoat something or lie. She'd just be straight up (though still tactfully) honest with her. :)
amtrak12 chapter 8 . 11/4/2010
Wow. Kurt's responses were dead on in this chapter! Great job! (Though it still frightens me that you can channel him so easily. Do you know someone like him in RL? ARE YOU HIM IN RL?)
amtrak12 chapter 7 . 10/27/2010
Gah! Still have tears ;( And I nearly panicked because I totally forgot what happened in the bit I read over the summer and thought that might be Kurt pulling up instead of Bernadette. lol
amtrak12 chapter 6 . 10/27/2010
First: no it wasn't bad. The jumbled feeling totally worked for Penny's thoughts :)

Second: way to give me emotional whiplash in this chapter! First I'm so happy and amused by their bowling antics and then suddenly I'm tearing up at Penny's panic over the ILY. ;(
amtrak12 chapter 5 . 10/27/2010
Slightly awkward POV change that threw me off a bit, but other than that another great chapter! I like that Penny was anxious but doesn't totally realize it was because she wanted to get away from Kurt.
amtrak12 chapter 4 . 10/27/2010
Again with the awesome banter! Boy this is cheering me right up! :D Which worries me because I know what's coming in this story :/
amtrak12 chapter 3 . 10/27/2010
I freaking adore everything in this chapter! :D From Penny chucking Howard's scooter in the dumptster (he'd have the time to get it back even if he didn't have the strength - LOL) to the awesome banter at the end. And the lovely LP stuff in the middle! *sigh* I miss those two so much.
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »