Reviews for SheiKra
EmilyChelidon chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
Oh, I am laughing so much at Charlie, enthusiastically tricking Alan into thinking Amita needs looking after.

Then Charlie as a kid on a rollercoaster...how well I remember my first time on a fairground ride that was anything larger than a roundabout...I also cried and tried to get my sister to make the operator stop the ride "because I thought it might break."

This is so funny. I really needed this many laughs after studying all day.

Great pace and flow, it feels like I'm really there watching Charlie freak out. Plus, this place sounds fun! If I ever go to Florida, I'm so going :D
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
As always I love your Numb3rs stories. :D
Serialgal chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Ah, it brings it all back. For a little while there, you had me wondering what I had done - had I talked you into something you regretted, perhaps? - but Charlie's reaction at the end made me hope you enjoyed the ride as much as he did (and I did). Very funny piece, vividly told. And as I said then, it was really great to meet you in person. Many of us have forged relationships and friendships on this site; I suspect it's pretty rare that folks actually meet face-to-face. For those of you who are curious, FC really does have that wonderful dry sense of humor in person.
OughtaKnowBetter chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Have I mentioned recently that I love the way you write?
PattyB chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
It was pretty obvious you had recently been in Busch Gardens,it was too vividly told.

I think I'll refer to Charlie as the Idiot Genius for quite a while. Fits him perfectly.

I'm a little disappointed Don knew Charlie so well he found him right off the bat, but

it was pure poetry when my Idiot Genius turned the tables on the Dauntless Fed.

Thank you for a very fun read. I'm glad Amita is pregnant and that Alan is once again

happy and deeply involved in his role as future grandfather.

Uh, I trust you and SerialGal left the area in good shape . . . no chaos in your wake.
HuskerCat chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
That was hilarious! And I completely sympathize with Charlie...I wouldn't want to ride any of those coasters either. But it seems as though fate decided to play a great game with Don and Charlie got his own kind of revenge...Gotta love it!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I would have been disappointed in you if you had come back from a day at Busch Gardens with Serialgal without a new "Charlie in danger" story. And, I must say, being forced to ride SheiKra with Don was an extremely unique form of danger for our favorite mathematician. Bless you for always looking for new and interesting ways to torture Charlie.

I'm not a roller coaster fan. I was always the one who volunteered to sit with the babies and strollers and purses while everyone went. If you had asked, I would have been happy to sit with Charlie, as well.

Since we weren't invited to tour Busch Gardens with you and SG, thanks for the story. The way you write - it was just like being there.

And your disclaimer! I'm right there with you.

Thrilled to see PD2-Audrey up and running. See you soon.
1st endeavor chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Loved it! Brightened my morning. Thanks.

1st E.
gypsy71 chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Hey, that was great! Sounds like a fun day out and what a brilliant ending *LOL* (Oh, and Charlie going commando in board shorts - *fans self*)
Rinne chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Nicely done.
spnMom chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
That story was really cute. Thanks for posting.
thisaccountisinactivelosiento chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Oh my GOSH, this was AWESOME! :D SO much fun to read! *literally chuckling to myself now*

I have to say, I'm more like you in temperament, FraidyCat. I'm a roller-coaster wussy. Actually, I'm an anything-that-goes-too-fast/spins/drops/jars of any kind wussy. Hey, I'm a carnie wimp and proud of it! :)

This was my personal favorite part: He exchanged unblinking stares with several kangaroos and two wallabies before his watch alarm sounded.

It was just so purely Charlie! 3