Reviews for Stop Thinking
Animom chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Whee! "Season 0" early manga references! Anzu POV! Early DK duel! Strong scent of peaches!

Short, sweet and nice to get an early glimpse at the triangle.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Very nicely done and you did pretty well with the manga dialogue. I think you caught their personalities at this moment very well and that's something I always look for in these fics. Well done.
yllimilly chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
darkrunner! Why am I not surprised that Mai has more screen time in this fic than Yami does? Haha XD Thank you for the educational manga references in you AN2, by the way.

I liked the (albeit few) dialogues (including Anzu's internal dialogues) - sensible, accurate and quite reminiscent of the awkwardness teenagehood. Kudos for that.

Maybe I'm biaised because what I mostly read from you is your awesome polarshipping drabbles, but I feel I must share this totally personal and subjective (redundant much?) observation: I felt like this piece, although well thought out and executed, belonged more to the drabble category. Don't get me wrong though - it definitely was a deluxe, director's cut, box collector set type of drabble.

Good luck with the contest!

Milly
Mahersal chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I really liked this! You did an excellent job on the theme! Bravo!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
Ok! I did really like this - the setting is nice, and I like the manga context. I like how you characterize Mai even though she's not a major character (and I really think sometimes it's the way you characterize the minor characters that make a story) and Anzu was a really good narrator for this story.

I do wish though that you'd shown us a little more Spiritshipping - I especially would have liked to see Yami's thoughts or feelings (or even just a hint of them) about the two of them instead of just Anzu's, although her confusion and determination was funny, well-written, and well-thought-out, considering the manga context.

Also...typo time! xD You've got typos in each of your A/N's! I always feel funny correcting A/N typos, but you misspell "around" in A/N 1 and "Egyptians" in A/N 2. "Egyptians" is also misspelled in the story. But other than that, your spelling and grammar in the actual story was nice! xD

But still, this was a very enjoyable read! And yes, episode 13 is one of my favorites, because it's so awesome and hilarious xD

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
This was a good summarization of Anzu's feelings during the manga. I especially liked the scene where she admits she was being an idiot for getting trapped inside that exploding carousel so she could see the other Yugi - at least she's come to terms with that. XD

Your spelling/grammar phrasing was generally good, but I have to point out this: "There's no time for just sitting while millennium item wielders try to trap your soul in an RPG game or make you walk off a roof", as well as the sentence following it. I know what you were trying to say there, but try to avoid switching from first-person to second-person and past-tense to present-tense. A better way of phrasing it could be: "There had been no time to simply sit and talk when Millennium Item-wielders were attempting to trap her friends' souls in RPG games or force her to jump off a roof."

(And honestly? The only reason I'm so hard on you contestants is because you're all already great writers and only need to fix the little details. XD)

Good job, and good luck!

Keruth
jadedly chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
HAVE TO SAY, since I adore Shadi; The manga version of him sounds so damn cool. /is even more fangirlish of him now/

Guh, every time I open these stories I'm blown away; you did very, very well, Darkrunner!

Since it would be a review from me without it...xD A typo: "Yugi interuppted Anzu's thoughts" - Should be interrupted. Very minor, and the only one I noticed xD

Great job, and good luck in the contest!