Reviews for Learning Curves
alexindigo chapter 8 . 3/6/2012
Very lovely chapter. Booth being patient with Brennan was nice to read. I loved that he didn't push her but gave her options. While I still don't like the overly emotional Brennan/all-knowing Booth dynamic all that much, it works for the story. You make it work. Once again it's your writing that keeps drawing me back. Thank you for sharing! )
alexindigo chapter 6 . 3/6/2012
I don't quite know what to say abt this chapter. As usual, your writing was beautiful. Your attention to detail is really what brings their intimacy to life and highlights their emotions so intensely. My issue was not that Brennan would be jealous, it was that Booth actually thought she's not capable of it. After everything that's happened and he still doesn't really know her does he? Patronizing comments implying that he was in love with Brennan while he was with Cam, not trusting Brennan enough to explain and tell her about his situation with Hannah, sigh. Also, I'm a Brennan lover (if you hadn't already guessed that) and there's really no doubt in my mind that while she would have had doubts, at that point in the hospital she'd have been only worried about Booth and how he was handling the whole thing. I don't recall her ever being selfish that way. And omg with Hannah! 'Take care of him'? Really? You condescending little so and so. You were with him for what? 5/6 months? And suddenly you're a freaking expert on Seeley Booth? Ugh! That scene reminded me of that ghastly scene where she all but demanded Brennan to hand over her sunglasses. WTF?

Haha! As you can tell (again), not a fan of Booth or Hannah though my problem really is with Booth. The writers made Hannah too two-dimensional and she was such a freakin Mary Sue. Enough already! We get it! She's perfect for Booth! Parker loves her! She's everything that Brennan can't be for Booth. Ugh! You'd think they'd have learnt to be a lil more subtle about it. Ah, but these are the ppl who made us wait six years and didn't even give us an 'I'm sorry abt Barbie, I love you and let's be together' scene. :P

And Booth! Just when I'm starting to warm up to you for being so kind to Brennan you go and make that asinine (silent) remark about Brennan finally changing. Cause y'know it's not like she has an open heart, is compassionate and a kind and generous human being right? Oh Booth. Just go eff yourself pls.

I'm in love with all your stories tala. It's been fascinating and I can't wait to read more. Will you be writing more Bones' fics?
alexindigo chapter 2 . 3/6/2012
Really loved the B&B parts of this chapter. You're really quite incredible in describing their intimacy tala. The way they greet each other, the way they sit, kiss, eat. It all just jumps off the page (screen in this case)!

Angela baffles me here. She's supposed to be Brennan's best friend and she's worried that Brennan will break Booth's heart? Even on the show, I miss their friendship. She too seems to have joined the 'let's change and educate Brennan in the ways of the world' bandwagon that has Booth as the Captain.

Am loving how evolved and patient your Booth is. I do see glimpses of it in like a 'blink and you'll miss it' kinda way but he's slowly letting Brennan just be.

Thank you for sharing! )
alexindigo chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Very interesting premise of him returning her (his) things to her with every date. Quite enjoyed the prequel too. I think most if not all of us fans had hoped that the presence of Hannah would've somehow made Booth all the more sure that Brennan is the only one foe him, like in your story instead of the clustereff that we were subjected to with the 'someone you love the most' line and that stupid longing gaze he gave her two wks (eps) in a row only to propose (PROPOSE!) to Barbie in the nx ep. Jackhole.

I guess my issue with this series and with the show is with Brennan taking the blame for most if not everything that happened to them in and post the 100th. He pushed her knowing she wasn't ready, ignoring Gordon Gordon's counsel of hope and patience, he said he wanted fifty years with her and then said he had to move on three seconds later, he said he wanted to gamble on them knowing clearly that their relationship is the most important (and stable) in her life. I'm from the school of thought that Brennan has been in love with Booth (and aware of it) far longer than Booth has been with her. Her relationship with Sully came after Booth drew the line and she started 'dating' Hacker after Booth added the 'atta girl' to his I love you. Jenlovesbones does a much better job of explaining this in her fic Public Opinion if you have the time to read it. Anyway, my point really is that Brennan never said she didn't feel the same way only that she was protecting him because he deserved someone with an open heart. He never contradicted her when she said she didn't hv one and he never told her that he didn't need her to change.

So in my book Brennan was absolutely right to say no because Booth did go and find someone who better suited him. He said he loved Barbie, he told Brennan that Hannah wasn't a consolation prize and oh yeah, he proposed to her! All this barely a year and a half after telling Brennan that he 'knew' from the beginning. Puh-leeze.

The writers spent all of S6 punishing Brennan and making her into a doormat to Booth's anger and mocking insults (well, more so than usual that is). And you do that too in this fic. I hope you have and/or will consider my points because I read and reviewed one of your later fics and it seems to show a more kickass Brennan and contrite Booth.

Anyway, thank you for sharing and for reading this rant disguised as a review. Am enjoying all your stories! )
TMK chapter 8 . 11/17/2011
Absolutely love your stories. I hope you update soon.
sillybats chapter 8 . 9/26/2011
Are you gonna finish this cause you totally should :)
semprence86 chapter 8 . 3/22/2011
love it plz update soon
Kerika chapter 8 . 11/30/2010
cant wait for more!
Alicat76 chapter 8 . 11/27/2010
I read 'A love warm and bright' last night and now I've moved onto this story. And I've gotta say, I absolutely adore it in every way! :) I love your writing which seems to be getting better and better with every chapter. One of the best things about this story is how perfectly in character everyone is, especially Brennan and Booth. I like that you haven't rushed them into anything, and Brennan's trepidation about moving in together was very realistic. I'll be sad when this story ends but I can't wait for the next chapter :) x
MMWillow13 chapter 8 . 11/20/2010
great job can't wait for the next chapter
KVL chapter 8 . 11/19/2010
Aching Bones chapter 8 . 11/16/2010
Hi there,

Loved this...It was perfect...Just love how Booth knows her so well...How he took her to the townhouse...How he said all the right things and by the time she had come around to the whole idea how sure she was of this...Of course how they made love...Perfect! Loved their move and all the the help they had...Should make for a very interesting party with Ange involved...

Really looking forward to more...Love this story...

Alicia9876 chapter 8 . 11/15/2010
more more more soon soon soon

love it and so wish you worked for hart
LondonLi chapter 8 . 11/15/2010
I really love your version of Booth, someone who's patient and KNOWS Brennan and is willing to move at a pace she's comfortable with. I hope he evolves to this on the show! Thanks for the update.
Alicia9876 chapter 7 . 11/15/2010
so glad this story is back

love it