Reviews for The Lion Tamer
Last Harper chapter 9 . 10/4
I'm really loving this story . That said , I would have liked to see Luna , walk up to the lunch group and ask ask if it was a meeting of the "Train Friends ?" . Sorry , I just like how Luna , stirs the pot .
Magnificent the Destroyer Lord chapter 26 . 8/14
Hmmm... somebody's a-hankerin for a full promotion to Darwin Award Winner of the year. How DO you squish a mutant toad, anyhow?

This and the last chapter (as well as the end scenes from the 5th year movie) reminds me very strongly of the nazis, which is, I suppose, the intent. Also makes me think HP would love very much to heal directly into der Toadiness' face repeatedly.

Kind of sucks for all the protagonists, but into their lives some acid rain must fall. *shrugs* Just kick her ass old school seems like a great response, and I hope we get to see such CWAs opened shortly. *grins unrepentantly*

Good luck with whatever projects you're currently working on

Magnificent the Destroyer Lord chapter 10 . 8/13
*falls out of chair laughing* Oh, Ginny, what were you expecting?! *mimicks voice of movie character* Here, let me demonstrate how girls let you know we like you, we do this, then we do that, and HEY, WHY AREN'T YOU FALLING FOR THIS?! COME BACK HERE! *grins*

Very enjoyable as always - again, it's rare that an author on this site can make me really enjoy the hell out of every fic I've tried, but you seem to have the the right stuff.

Keep up the great work and good luck with whatever projects you're currently working on

Simianpower chapter 26 . 8/8
This story is extremely irritating. The whole point of fanfiction is to take canon characters and events and change them. In 26 chapters you've changed precisely nothing. Every single major event happens exactly as it did in canon, except it takes twice as many words to say it. I like your Daphne and Tracey and on rare occasions even Astoria, but they add nothing to the story. The only difference in the story is that Harry and Hermione are dating people, but doing so hasn't changed any events, hasn't changed their characters all that much, and despite minuscule changes to HOW things happen, they all happen just as in canon. And they do so in far more irritating fashion. I kept hoping that this story would diverge, would become something of its own, but after 26 chapters, the last few of which I just skimmed, I've stopped caring. If I wanted to read about Umbridge dominating the school, I'd just read JKR's already-too-long book 5. Disappointed.
Simianpower chapter 9 . 8/8
You're being intentionally irritating. I hate that in an author. I don't even give half a crap about the love story you're trying to tell, but I do care about sloppy writing and this kind of thing got old with Three's Company in the '70s.
Simianpower chapter 7 . 8/8
Your rant about Harry not having any proof sort of falls apart at the proof IN BLOOD on his hand. She herself is giving him the proof he needs to hang her, and only a moron wouldn't put that together. Hermione's supposed to be so smart, she should figure that out. Especially once she knows from Daphne that it's illegal and a known artifact, not some incredibly rare thing.

Also, your Dumbledore is APPALLING. It's bad enough how intentionally oblivious he was in canon, but in your story he flat-out KNOWS that someone's illegally torturing one of his students, and does nothing because he doesn't want to lose his power. That officially makes him the worst possible choice for headmaster of a school, let alone magical guardian for kids he has no intention of guarding if it in any way inconveniences him. Hell, he could easily turn the veritaserum ploy around on the bitch and dose her. With witnesses. This chapter is idiotic. You're just trying to conform to canon despite your changes making it increasingly silly to do so.
G the Headmaster chapter 19 . 7/14
Everyone should fear Astoria!
TheDarkMan19 chapter 31 . 7/12
interesting. a bit different than your usual fare. I like that daphne made the approach this time, generally it's harry who does all the leg work, and I always find it tiresome in romance when it's always the male character doing the romance while the woman just sort of accepts it with no major reciprocation or action. the action scene at the DoM seemed a bit rushed, as action sequences too often are, but you've done another excellent job building characters. Rons death was a twist, albeit not an unexpected one. And you are irritatingly good at cliffhangers. my usual complaint regarding grammatical errors stands, but by fanfiction standards you do pretty good there. And in the end. I want to read the next one. so I suppose it can be called a success on that alone.
TheDarkMan19 chapter 7 . 7/12
I generally wait to review anything before I finish. But I had to comment on your authors note in this chapter. thank you. so many people, stupid, arrogant people assume that Harry never went to a teacher put of misplaced nobility or some crap. But you've hit the nail on the head. He's a 15 year old, socially stunted kid. what would he know about the legality of some quill that cut lines in your hand. Anyway. Will review the actual story when I finish it in a day or so.
ExRevolution chapter 31 . 7/9
Jesus christ...
ExRevolution chapter 2 . 7/8
I always pictured daphne to have blonde hair and blue eyes so while your version is hard to grasp, i like the story
Ruairi J.L chapter 9 . 5/28
Hmm. Astoria is growing a bit irritating, I feel. I hope she isn't type-written, as it were. Good chapter apart from that, however.
Ruairi J.L chapter 8 . 5/28
Nice chapter. Good character development and interesting plot points.
Ruairi J.L chapter 7 . 5/26
I do like this story. I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't be reading chapter seven. But, as a piece of constructive criticism, it would be much better if you proof-read for typos. Just a suggestion. I suffer from typos too, so I know how annoying they can be as an author, but proof-reading or using a beta can work wonders in improving things.
Ruairi J.L chapter 5 . 5/26
I'll reinforce my earlier view: Ron is a detestable little fuck and deserves bludgeoning from a cactus made of Lego. I'm actually rather disappointed that Harry hasn't socked him in retaliation yet, but there's still time, so my fingers are crossed.
1,317 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »