Reviews for Shade
sylvi10 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
So sometimes I think I’ve read all the stories, and then I come across one that is so good, and I can’t believe I missed it! Especially when it’s about my favorite character. How did that happen? This is one of those stories. It’s really wonderful.

It’s clear that you’ve thought a lot about Allan. I very much like your explanation, from Allan’s POV, of how he ended up spying in the first place—his lack of options, his fears, the temptation of the money, his inability to walk away even though he knew better. And then how he looks to blame everyone else for his mistake until he realizes how futile that is and returns.

There are couple of lines I just loved. This: “And he had made a decision: to stand in Robin's shadow, to be content in the shade of a sun so bright that the shadow it cast glowed, too.” And this: “angry at Guy for saying nothing in his defense, for that smirk playing across his mouth, knowing that the ripples of what he had done were yet to fade into the wide water of the world.” And I enjoyed how you worked in the theme of sun and shade throughout.

Nothing makes 3x12 any better, in my opinion, but I think it’s great that you looked so closely at Allan’s feelings and development and motives from the point of his return to the gang until his death. It’s something that was missing from the show and that the character deserved.
BloodySundays chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I'm really crying right now. This was amazing.
Of Quirky Excellence chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
:') that was beautiful my friend. Justice has been done for my poor love!
Neftzer chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I wasn't sure I was going to read this (just sort of checking it out), but your note about always having loved Allan caught my eye, and I plunged right in.

I like the quote that you use. It is such an interesting one, and one which the show sort of threw out into the air and then never stopped to unpackage for us.

It was great how you threaded it through your fic.

[I haven't seen Season 3, though, and I must say: really? Really, is this the end that Allan meets? People-WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?]

So thanks for redeeming Allan from such an unfair fate.
rowellylovesgryffindor chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
wow i loved it, its an honour to Allan, he is and always will b my favourite outlaw
TheLovingCake chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
So beautiful and well-written. You almost hade me crying. Poor Allan :( .. you describe his last moments perfectly
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 9/10/2010