Reviews for Twilight Sunrise
Bhenry2curls chapter 5 . 11/19/2013
One of my favorite stories thus far! I hope you plan to continue this story and update soon :)
ZecoreZecron chapter 5 . 7/26/2013
I'm sorry for not reviewing earlier. I'd like to say that this story has done what very few other stories has done. It has made the characters people. Not many stories have the little details that make characters seem real. Keep it up!
musicfrommykeyboard chapter 3 . 3/12/2013
I am loving this story for far! It has the same great style as the prequel, and it does a wonderful job of keeping true to the characters while developing them in an enjoyable, almost magical way. It comes alive as it progresses and frequently makes me stop and re-read it, just to capture all of the intense imagery that hits me. Fantastic work, as always.
Skipperin chapter 5 . 3/6/2013
I am honored to be the first to welcome you back from your hiatus. I have greatly enjoyed this story so far and eagerly await the next chapter, even if I have to wait another two years.

This is quality high writing. I applaud your skill!
Mizily chapter 4 . 1/13/2013
I really, really hope you update. This is just an absolutely breathtaking story, simply because it feels so real that it feels like I'm really in Hyrule, that I know the characters myself, inside out. Beautiful stuff. I'll be keeping an eye on this, for sure.
Mizily chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
Your writing is gorgeous. Just thought I'd point that out. All your characters are beautifully in character, and your Link and Ilia especially have fantastic depth. The way Link's life turned out is interesting, and wholly believable- I'm looking forward to seeing how this story will progress. And when you describe the places in Hyrule, even though I've played the game, they leap to life even brighter in my mind when I read this. Honestly, you've got a bit of a masterpiece on your hands here.
Jade chapter 4 . 3/17/2012
Wow!

I had just beat Twilight Princess that evening and in need of some closure, since the end of the game is vague as always as far as what happens with Link, Zelda, or any character aside from the montage that goes with the credits, I came onto this site hoping to find something...good. And I didn't have to look far!

I fell in love with Forgotten Memories and was pleased to see you continued the story here! I was hooked from the beginning and even though I normally only read fanfiction that is complete, I am willing to wait because I know that this will be gold!

You language is stunning and your characterization of Link is spot on. Although Link is never given much dimension in the games, as part of Nintendo's "You can be the hero" experience, I feel that you have fleshed him out quite accurately, especially with the contrast of his temper to Ilia's. Subconsciously, I've always believed that Link would not be high strung, but rather calm and taking the challenge and adventure of his quests one step at a time. I am just so pleased!

I also enjoy the world you have created, as far as setting the story in a time frame ten years after the end of TP. It creates depth to the environment and the characters.

Ah, I am just so taken by this story and cannot wait to see it continued! I anxiously await an update! :)
thebadpanda chapter 4 . 1/20/2012
This is awesome! Your doing a great job on this! What an excellent cliffhanger as well... Please update soon so the possible outcomes can stop nagging me!
onyxpilot chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
I like the cliff hanger although it leaves me wondering what is waiting for and Rusls exchange was interesting to listen to . i saw alot of good characterization of relationship of Ilia and Ulie in there as well. Cant wait for the next update :]
leavenodoubt chapter 4 . 8/14/2011
This is probably one of the best written stories on this website. The way you can turn a phrase, capture imagery, is absolutely amazing. Your vocabulary exceeds that of published authors and this story has captured me.

Keep up the good work, and I agree with you that Link's hair is blonde, not a light brown like was said in the review section. There is such a thing as dark blonde. :)
onyxpilot chapter 3 . 7/31/2011
I loved this chapter. Poor link i think the charecters you have created and presented are stupindous. I must say im scared to read the next chapter in fear of it being a cliff hanger . Please update soon?
onyxpilot chapter 2 . 7/31/2011
Oh it has been so long since I started Writing my own Fan Fiction But It was this story (Or rather the on befor the that this one is continuing) that made me want to start writing my first fan fic. I finnaly picked it up agin and found new vigor after rereading the first and cant wait for this ones update please please Update
eric cartmen 14 chapter 4 . 7/8/2011
please update soon
j chapter 4 . 4/18/2011
There is only one inconsistency that is bothering me. I think it was back in chapter two when you had Link speak with Ilia about all the people he would miss. Why would you include a description of Telma and her job? Ilia know who Telma is, and you clarified in the prequel that Ilia remembers her time of fugue.

Outside of this, I quite like it, and am certainly looking forward to more. Link comes off so effortlessly. I wonder if writing him is as easy as he appears?
Superbleh11 chapter 4 . 3/20/2011
Oh wow, and how the plot does thicken yet again! So much going on, so many new threads, and here I am trying to pick up on where they all go!

First off, before I get to the juicy bits, I have to apologize for taking so unforgiveably long to review! I've been extreeeeemely busy lately (what with preparing to take the GRE while climbing my way through essay season) and got caught on a Spring Break fishing trip that was an absolute blast but was also unfortunately without internet. This is my favorite fic on the Zelda section of this site right now and I'm hoping my reviews will keep you interested in continuing it! Anyways, enough with the excuses that you inevitably don't care about, let's get on with the fun part!

Wow you sure introduced a lot here, but you introduced it in such a wonderfully Zelda-esque way that it didn't seem overwhelming. I was really interested to see how you were going to write action-oriented scenes (for many people, it is SUCH a weak point) and was delighted to see that you really seem to have picked up on two Zelda themes (whether intentionally or not) that are critical aspects of my enjoyment of the series.

First, in my mind, all the dungeon crawling Link does in the Zelda games always made him a sort of infiltrator on my mind, which is EXACTLY what he is here. I love that he takes into consideration the light glinting off of his sword, and I love how he thinks about traveling lightly and not making noise! He seemed to be a very experienced hand at this and I adored your tactical evaluation of the different scenarios.

The other big thing you hit on that I totally geek out about in Zelda is the importance of exploration. Link finds the little cloak and there's suddenly a whole new avenue for him to explore in the desert, and you write it like its just etched into his nature that he has to explore these new mysterious things. In fact, that seems to be (or am I imagining it?) what gets him caught by the Gerudos at the end of this chapter. He explores too far and spreads himself to thin to properly defend himself. Awesome! And the wounded pride, so well written and it totally brought a smile to my face!

Oh man, the introduction of a little Twili child... I don't know what to think about that! My first thought was to the fact that Link doesn't discuss his past with Midna, which made me wonder if the child might be his, or if it might be Midna's... no matter what's going on, you managed to take a romance you've already established (Link and Ilia's) and suddenly make it very interesting and very relevant again, even though Ilia isn't really brought up in this chapter. I am totally hooked once again, and am so curious as to what is going on with this kid. That is to say nothing of the mysterious reappearance of the Gerudos! Wow!

Now, as awesome as this chapter was, I DO have a couple of little gripes. The transition between the scene with Auru and the tense action of the exploration of the Arbiter's grounds was a little bit jarring. I might have suggested the usage of a traveling scene or something to bring us into the changing mood a little bit, but that's just me. Also, there was the bit where you described Link's key to the chest in the armory. You wrote "Link kept his (meaning his key) on a leather thong around his (meaning his neck, as in he wears the key in a similar way to Zelda)." Not a big deal at all, but the repetition of the word "his" read awkwardly in a fic that I have characterized by excellent prose. Now, both of these are very small complaints, and didn't change my opinion of this chapter. This is a great beginning to the action, it seems as though the pacing is going to be excellent through to the climax, and you've absolutely hooked me as to what might be coming next!

Kudos on another really great chapter! Once again, sorry for the late reply, but I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!