Reviews for Not Like You
jubela chapter 1 . 7/6
This was great. You filled in some missing pieces perfectly. I loved the way you wrote Sammy's nightmare beginning with a memory of Jess. Thank you!
idreamofivan chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
I love this, the idea of the ghouls in parallel to Sam's addiction
Von chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
I always thought the 'Sam is an addict' thing deserved much more attention than it got. It was portrayed as 'Sam doing a bad thing' and Dean yelling at him for it, with righteously suffering withdrawals afterwards - but the show focused on Dean's suffering as a result of Sam's actions. Which isn't surprising, it really did get pretty heavily into the 'The Dean Show, with supporting character Sam!' for a while there - but dammit there was so much potential squandered!

The chemical struggle within Sam, reflecting the struggle that real life addicts go through. The mental and moral struggle where he knows it's a bad thing but also sees it as a tool of doing good and protecting people - and especially with Sam's legal-trained mind, it could so easily be rationalised down to something very minor. He'd already been infected with demon blood so it wasn't like he could re-infect himself. The blood was donated voluntarily by a demon who'd saved his life and was on their side (at least for now) and came from a body that was brain dead so there was no concern about consent and the suffering of the host. What was the difference between a mystical demon-killing knife and a mystical demon-killing blood-fueled brain? Especially since they have no idea how the knife was even made (maybe it was soaked in the heart of twenty virgins, similar to Ruby's spell to banish Lilith in canon) - does that make using it a bad thing?

If it messes Sam up but enables him to kill Lilith, protect Dean and maybe save the world from the End Times... isn't it bad to *not* do it?

Etc. :P Sorry.

This fic tapped the spot for that churning mass of discontent with canon so, thank you! :D And sorry for ranting. Again. :P
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Awesome awesome story! I read your other one but wasnt able to drop a review at that time but i loved your follow up to Jump the Shark. And i love this follow up to your other follow up! :-) great job getting into both Sam and Deans heads a bit and especially for showing Sam and his inner struggles. Really enjoyed this! :-)
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Very nice. And really fascinating the way you portrayed the dream. Almost had me as convinced as Sam that it was real! Loved the Jess part and ug! you had Dean actually shoot him! Also, I thought it was fantastic the way you had Dean bantering with himself while patching Sam up. I was actually laughing out loud at how truly Dean those lines were! ;) A joy to read.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Really loved this one. You did a great job writing some time with Sam and Jess. And reliving the ghouls. And Sam's debate over the demon blood. Dean's one sided conversation and then actual conversation with Sam were very very well done too!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Good story!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
I love your exploration of the addiction to demon blood. God, poor Sam - I nearly wept for him when he realized he was experiencing withdrawal, and you do an amazing job of depicting his dread over what Dean will feel and do once he finds out... chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Just awesome, again you gave us what the show failed to. You got perfectly the conflict in Sam with the demon blood addiction and his morphing nightmares amplified that. Loved too that Dean put aside his suspicion to take care of his little brother, which I feel is his default mode whatever is going on between them!
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I really liked the dream with Sam and and Jess at the beginnin, it was so beautiful. This was really good and you did a fantastic job with the nightmare and capturing the inner struggle Sam was facing with the whole demon goods thing. I always wished the show has shown us what Sam went through better especially while Dean was in hell because it would have explained it better for us and made Sam seem like less of a monster...great piece you are a talented writer!
SciFi Girl chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Just caught this and loved it. Great exploration of what was going on with Sam - well done! Thanks for writing. :)
Emachinescat chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Perfect. :)
Hawk50 chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This is criminally late, but I just discovered this wonderful piece. Jump The Shark was sadly lacking in giving us any resolution on Sam between Dean's rescue and Adam's funeral. I mean, laying towels on his arms and saying "keep pressure on this" is woefully inadequate. Thanks for exploring not only the physical side of Sam's injuries, but the psychological side and the definite addiction he was dealing with. This felt so real, I could have sworn it was part of the episode. Thanks so much for this. You're a truly gifted writer.
DontKnowMyName chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Congratulations! You have been recced at spn_littlebro on LiveJournal.

You can find the rec in the Injury Theme post here: