Reviews for Sleeping on the Job
Loatroll chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Nice little one-shot. Thanks for the read :-)
Crumby chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I like what you did there with the "It was a bad idea." theme.

"It was a little spooky how formulaic he could be about it, though." Since I just recently re-read FFF 3 where you mentioned it as well, I can't help but think there may be more to it. It's the formulaic/methodical comments that are intriguing.

The shoulders! ;)

"Yeah, Sarah chided herself. That was pretty lame after all." It's funny how Sarah, I'm not sure how to say it, puts herself down sometimes, I guess. Like her comment in W&T about Chuck maybe falling asleep eyes opened because she was a boring person. Particularly, when Chuck thoughts are generally miles away from what she's thinking. :)

I liked that you first used "about a third of a meter" and then "over a foot away." I'm not sure why you did it in that order though.

This piece was awesome. Their banter is just so entertaining. And it was the second piece we got to see the inside of Sarah's head after W&T. And although Scream did show that Sarah has quite a few neurosis, it's with this chapter that we got a glimpse at Sarah's lust. This was hilarious. Seeing how many stuff is going on in her head, when on the outside she doesn't show much, or anything.

"Just wondering, but can I be the big spoon next time?" :) And he was.
daywalkr82 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Very enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed all the times Sarah smacked herself to keep from crushing 1000% Reminded me of 313, "after you fixed my phone and before you started defusing bombs with computer viruses."
spcr71 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I can't believe I almost missed this one. Thought I had Author Alert on. Thanks God I looked around. IT was funny and heart warming. It is really amazing that she hasn't acted on these feelings or at least not really acted on them. Hopefully we can get more movement on that in Fates.
NickyR chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I love how your brain works, for example 3rd of a meter, really you could have put it in inches, etc or he was about a foot away but no you chose 3rd of a meter, made me laugh!

I loved the teasing in the second half, love to see chucks personality come out since now in fates hes so freaked out a lot of the time, I love to read when it was just them two and the things that ensued!

I also loved that you wrote them stuck together, because waking up on top of chuck wasn't already awkward for Sarah, that definitely got her out of her comfort zone, and it caused me to LOL!

Enjoyable as usual, you may now commence with a drink of your choice :)
LinShoe85 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Although, I voted for the Bungalow scene - as usual it was a great and entertaining story.

I was curious about Hayloft when I first read Fates since all Chuck had mentioned that Sarah had cuddled with him and she vehemently denied it, saying it was for body heat. Seems like Sarah doesn't trust herself not to have her way with Chuck - saying it's a bad idea and ogling his well-defined shoulders, even before she wakes up on top of him "cuddled up just like a couple of puppies." :)

Love Fates and cannot wait for more - especially since I think it might be around Christmas time when something happens between Chuck and Sarah...
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
By golly, it was almost as if Sarah had never experienced any embarrassing crush-related situations before. It is amazing to see just what an effect Chuck has on her. It also seems like she's a shoulder person.
seaboji chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
thanks so much for this "expanded" version of this moment in fates. poor sarah, she's got it bad for the chuckster, doesn't she. it's interesting to see her state of mind here versus in mxpw's other birthday gift. she seems so wracked with guilt about chuck's safety in the scene with carina versus her barely contained lust here...even though the hayloft scene happens during a more dangerous time in the overall story. poor, poor, sarah. i look forward to chapter 85 in fates when she may finally get some relief. or is it chapter 40? ha! thanks again for this...it's wonderfully fun to read their interactions. the big spoon indeed!
Altonish chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
So I know this was a birthday present and as such should make for happy reading for the birthdayee... is that a thing? Is the birtday boy the birthdayee? Well that's beside the point really, the point is you have to make it enjoyable for the intended audience and really that's the guest of honor.

That said Sarah seems a little over the edge in this fic. While her neurosis maybe funny, I kept thinking to myself if she's this far gone why hasn't she just seduced him already and damn the consequences? Meaning in WFI, since she's had a lot of spare time there.

I guess I've always felt that Sarah was more in love with Chuck's sweetness in WFI than lusting hopelessly. You've made it abundantly clear that she wants a physical relationship in that story I just never realized that the subtext Sarah uses is really constantly that wanton. This Sarah doesn't seem like one who could watch Chuck stalk other girls without making plans to kill the other women in Chuck's life.

Okay that's far to much inspection for just a one shot. It's probably sour grapes because I voted for Bungalow damn it!

BTW, I'm currently rereading WFI and I have to ask, when are you going to enforce your bet with MXPW, because now I'm slightly curious how the Carina in his story survived being a one night stand.

Oh and good job on the A/N that was reallys weet.
BigChuckFan chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I believe every Frea fan just found out her favorite body part of men. Into shoulders ehh Frea?

-BCF
Nerds4thewin chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I liked this story, You write Sarah so much better than Chuck.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Great story...love Sarah's frame of mind when around or thinking of Chuck.
chuckfan56 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Thank you Frea for sharing mxpw birthday present with us. There is a definition for your writing, it'll just have to be pen and inked in the blank pages of the dictionary next to mxpw's.
aardvark7734 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Gawd, their banter is incredibly endearing and grin-inducing!

I particularly liked the rapid-fire belt-loop untangling dialogue, it felt very natural and unvarnished.

You know, in real life, Chuck wouldn't live long by poking the tiger with a stick like that all the time. Good thing for him, in this story the tiger secretly wants to wrap him up and cuddle and, er, do other stuff. ;)

So nice, Frea, and worth every bit of the fairly elaborate democratic process that brought it to us.
rokerroar chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Excellent as always. Loved seeing Chuck being the one in control and Sarah a little (or a lot) flustered. Particularly liked the big spoon comment.