Reviews for Wasted On Us
DarkSpyder25 chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
Okay so after a few mentions of 15 and 18 months ago, it sounds like Sarah was depressed (if my timeline for your verse is correct that was Sarah and Bryce had a falling out). What I want to know is what was Sarah going to do with Chuck's file 18 months before this story?
Catrogue chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
First of all, you won me over with the Friendship Proverb. TRUTH.

I love that the gym is called Goldie's Gym.

I love that Carina doesn't ever just walk, she saunters. Like a boss.

I love that she just exudes swagger.

I love this: "One more thing: in about five minutes, a blonde's gonna walk in. Tall, leggy, not as pretty as me but wholesome if you're into that sort of thing, looks like she needs to get laid, like, two weeks ago. Send her up?"

Like Carina, I take pleasure in knowing she's going to cause mischief and rattle Sarah. She's SO fun!I love Antagonizing!Carina. And I also love Antagonized!Sarah.

The fight scenes, the dialogue, the whole atmosphere of this story is just so amazingly cool. I love everything, EVERYTHING about this story.

I could go on and quote all my favorite parts but I'd just have to copy and paste the story, so. So, besides being hilarious and awesome, I felt this story was very enlightening. It is true what they say about your friends sometimes knowing you better than you do yourself, and this is a perfect example of that! *cough* Bunker Chuck *couch* I love seeing these two interact; as partners, friends, and women. They are Yin and Yang -like that chapter in Bank Job.

Their friendship is a joy to see and in a way touching, hahaha. I'm very happy you shared this with us, and you did such a phenomenal job of creating/showing their wonderful friendship. You blow me away. You're all kinds of cool.

Carina should visit often. She's da shizz.

Stay classy, Frea.

PS: I love Mxpw's Birthday gifts. I'm pleased he's a sharer.
Crumby chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Random things I loved:

- Carina's description of Sarah was too funny! Ha!

- Carina being happy about Sarah being beyond pissed.

- "Bored now."

- "Carina, for the ten thousandth time, I am not interested." / "Why would you be? You've got Bunker Boy to service your needs now."

- "Sarah said nothing. In fact, she had gone utterly still." It's amazing how Sarah can do that!

- "And did the typical Matrix come-on, which naturally transformed itself into giving Sarah the finger."

- "Still not a full kid."

- "Seems to me Chuck ... thinks the safest place to be is with you, not in some bunker." :)

Bryce really did a number on Sarah during those 2 years, huh?

Your Carina is awesome. She's very fun, like we'd expect her to be, but she also care...in her own way. I loved how her attention span was close to zero. The relationship that we saw here between Sarah and Carina was certainly not ordinary but it was very fitting. It's also great to see Sarah through the eyes of someone else than Chuck. Especially since Carina knows Sarah so well. Finally, it was also comforting to see someone being there for Sarah, even if it involved lots of bruises, because she's been through A LOT since she got Chuck out of the bunker and can't talk about it with anybody. Great, great piece! :)
lucky47 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Huh, I thought I had reviewed this already. Guess not. Sorry

Anyway, in one of the interviews you have on your blog (I believe it was part 3), you said something along the lines of your writing is 'pretty good.' Well, to borrow from you, that's like saying the Pacific's a bit damp. Your writing is absolutely stunning and you deserve every accolade coming your way.

Thanks for sharing!
NickyR chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Loved the friendship proverb! This addition was just as amazing as the other present, I laughed so much with all the quirky one liners!

Wow I was surprised how patient Sarah was, my patience is not that good.

Loved the use of bunker boy, and how carina used it to tease Sarah!

Will now refer to Bryce as the tool Larkin!

Loved the heart to heart and a little more inside to what Sarah is thinking!

Thanks MXPW for having a bday and a badass friend who writes so well! Commence drinking :)
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Too bad Sarah lost that fight. Interesting to get into Carina's mind.
hobbes06 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
It's weird that the word I'd use to describe this is cute, but yeah...after I read it I thought "aww that was cute". Hmm, not really sure what that says about me.
TakeItTo22 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Sometimes, I'll read a fic, and I want to leave a really long review about how much I liked it, but I honestly can't come up with anything interesting to write. So...I'm just going to have to go with GREAT FIC! :)

But seriously, this was an awesome fic. Your Carina beats my Carina. Nymphorina bows down to you!
seaboji chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
well, i wish mxpw had birthdays more often. i don't think there's anything that makes me happier than carina hanging out with sarah (either in fanfic or on the show). you know it will be funny, unpredictable, violent, and eventually sarah will have to verbalize something about what she's feeling and confide in carina. it's so rare that sarah admits to anything (or that she has anyone she can talk to about her life and chuck) that it's always a treat. thanks for this snapshot. it's fabulous, as expected.
BDaddyDL chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
i read this story over 12 hoours ago and It is still vividly in my mind. So yeah I enjoyed it. A lot. I am normally not a huge Carina fan, but I think her tone was perfect. It showed a much more thoughtful and mature Carina, and it also showed another example how much of a bad ass Sarah Walker is.

This story does open up a future question of the Sarah Chuck dynamic. Will Sarah be better when there together sometome in chapter 85, or will she not be as fierce. I know I cant wait to find out.
Ayefah chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
How are you so delightful, Frea? Between the hayloft fic and this I spent a good chunk of this afternoon grinning like a loon and trying to stifle my giggling for the sake of the people around me.

Now I desperately want* a) the next chapter of The Bank Job, b) more Carina in 'Fates', c) Sarah to finally confront Bryce in 'Fates'. He really did a number on her, didn't he? Did he ever figure out that it was Chuck she liked? And I really, really want to know why Sarah was farmed out to the DEA when seemingly her only sin was failing to return her partner's romantic feelings for her. What exactly did Bryce say when he requested reassignment? Seriously, none of this reflects very well on him at all.

But Bryce has been known to come off better once he gets to tell his side of a story, so I won't add him to my mental **** list just yet. :)

*Poor Frea. The more awesomely you write the more needy and demanding the readers get. But you need to write what I want. MEEEE. :D
atcDave chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
That was a pretty intense ride to get to sweet end.

Just to prove my nerd credentials: "Panzer tank"? redundant. Panzer is simply German for tank (no caps either). Most famous models of panzer would be Tiger, Panther, King Tiger, and Leopard. The Panther panzer thing is probably the common source of confusion.
Altonish chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Cute
Katie chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
While I love the show, your stories move me to the point where I want to hug them when they end. And Chuck and Sarah and Casey too. And for the first time ever, Carina. Hard as it is to admit, I even like your versions more than the real ones!
aardvark7734 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Frea, I think you nailed Carina here - at least the Carina I want to believe in. I'm particularly enamored of the way you have Carina express her caring towards Sarah. It's all done within the framework of who Carina is and what she has to believe in to survive.

And having said that, Carina's delivery of just the right message to Sarah, that Chuck feels safest when he's with her, was the cherry on the top of her caring. Carina might be a tough friend to have, but if she's always that insightful she's a great one to have.

It's never said, but Carina is here *because* Sarah is maybe her only real friend. It's sad in a way, but the functioning pathologies within Carina that make her effective just accentuate the differences between her and Sarah. Sarah still seems redeemable, there's still a flicker of possibility that her discontent leads her to come kind of compromise between her lethal and conventional halves. But for Carina, she seems trapped in her ways and doomed to a end her days as a bright streak of light in the sky.