Reviews for Kacky, If You Squint
Reader123454321 chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
It was so good! You left it on such a cliffhanger! I feel like you're a miny Trenton Lee Stewart! Please write more!
GodModeSue chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
I really can't bite with Sticky/Kate. But I have a hard time seeing Reynie/Kate, too. It's hard to ship eleven-year-olds. Predicting what someone might be like ten years down the line is difficult even with adults, and kids are even more changeable.
One style point I noticed is that you have an aversion to the word 'said'. You do use it, but first you reach for asked, assured, exclaimed, explained, replied. I prefer to omit dialogue tags whenever possible. When one is absolutely necessary, I usually use 'said', because when I read my eyes gloss right over it. Now, this is mostly a matter of personal preference, so feel free to disregard. The only REALLY important part is that no one should EVER use 'chuckled' as a dialogue tag (and you don't, so we're good), because that one is a true literary eyesore.
Keep writing!
Daedalus13 chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
I don't really see the whole Kate/Sticky thing. Like, I see that it COULD happen, I just didn't get the feeling here. It was more of an end to Kate and Reynie, rather than a beginning for Kate and Sticky.
Pechay chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Awesome Story. Although I'm not much of a "Kacky" shipper. I really like how you said they both weren't ready to have a realtionship. I totally agree with you in terms of grammar. Although, I have to admit I was also really bad at grammar when I started out. And once again, Awesome Story. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS.
Spark Writer chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Intruiging story...though I never imagined Kate and Sticky together, I suppose you made it possible. Nice! Unfortunately, this makes me miss the original series even more, with all it's innocence, and the fact that it is devoid of character pair ups. But now I'm just being wacky! :)

Anyway, I loved the insight you provide in Kate and Reynie's relationship. I desperately wanted those two to work, so that aspect of heart break made me sad, but all in all, this was poignant and well-worth the read. Kudos, Kahlan!

Love, buckets and spectacles,

~Spark Writer~

P.S. I know this is a slightly long review, but I adore telling fellow authors what I enjoy in their work. So yeah, anything goes.
zuzuthezombie chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Yay! This is one of the best written stories I have read on this site, it was really good. I would totally read a multi chapter fic about this if you wrote it, I cant because I dont even know how to upload stories, stupid I know but whatever. You know, I dont really see Kate and Sticky, but I support it because it seems that Kate and Reynie are just meant to be together, but relationships like that usually dont end well. Rondigan is plausible but wierd, because Milligan is like in his 30s, while Rhonda is mid 20s. Emly... I was going to use it in one fo my stories as a woman that Milligan marries, but now Ill just use Emma (sorry, meant Emily, left out the 'i'). I am attempting to use up all of the reveiw space in order for it to be as rambly as possible, but that would take a lot of time and a lot of batteries on what Im typing on. Anyways, I hope this is rambly enough.
AdorableElephant chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Congradulations. Your my newest stalking victom (sp?).

Well shoot. I've already blown your review requests.

Anywho, this was lovely. Very adorable. Too things to point out though:

"Kate had been looking up the the African a lot more lately."

should be "Kate had been looking up to the African a lot more lately."?

-and-

"Someone would have to blind to think that"

should be "Someone would have to be blind to think that"

You don't know how guilty I felt correcting those, after all the corrections you've done on my stories! x)

But it was a darling story, really. You wrote Kacky perfectly.
laurenn0065 chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
lots of detail it is very good
yay chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
I love your story!

My friend says that reynie and kate should be together but I know sticky and kate should. You and I are probably the only ones who agree... Too bad. Sticky sooooo has a crush on kate.

and you are awesome at writing! I love your story. I am so bad even though I have a story building pressure in my brain, I can't write it out. I am such a fail
akatrixie chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Rambly...That's one of my talents. I don't even think that's a word. But whatever.

I loved it! It was so true. And it was the right kind of sad. :) It didn't make me happy, but I don't know how else to write how much I liked it. MBY fics are really great in general.

And the ice cream, that was perfect.
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Yeah, it's me, even though I'm not signed in.

Anyway, this story was very well done. It made me realize that Kate & Reynie are just TOO perfect for eachother; it'd never last. Plus, they don't have any idea what they're doing. Neither does Sticky, though.
AlmostInsanity chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I am SO loving you for this, Kahlan.

Really. I've been hoping someone would introduce a Kate/Sticky fic, and you've done it. (And quite brilliantly, I might add.)

You did such an amazing job with the emotions and descriptions of what exactly was going on that I felt as if I were watching a movie clip or something of the likes. (They really should make a MBS movie...)

As usual, fantastic work, mon ami.
P.I.R chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
hehe your A/Ns are amusing to me. Yes they are. (dont complain about my grammar! I have had only three lessons on it and two of them resulted in me getting new english teachers. Good times. good times.)

ohmygosh? they sound kinda scary. Like Death or a highly obsessive Twilight fan. (They are scary and painful)

and since you like long rambly reviews I shall do my best to give you one. Like a good little reviewer that please people. (yay niceness! _)

And I had thought of Sticky and Kate together but I had never imagined how it would come to be. perhaps you should do a Multi chapter fic where they actually do become a couple. I'd read that. Yes I would. (Yes I am adding pointless sentences to make this longer so its more rambly for you. Does that get me a cookie? or a pancake made of cookies?)

I really like this. I just felt so... real. Like it would happen. You has a talent little/big person from the internet. and I didnt really notice any mistakes grammar or otherwise. and now the review box is doing a jumpy thing so I cant see what Im typing anymore which is kind of weird and I dont know why Im typing some of my thoughts.

Keep writing Kahlan!