Reviews for Words Left Unspoken
Xirysa chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I'M HERE. I'M REALLY AND TRULY AND FINALLY HERE AND THIS IS KIND OF IRRELEVANT BUT I WAS EXTREMELY CLOSE TO WRITING THIS REVIEW IN FRENCH BUT WHATEVER.

Gonna be honest, but at first I didn't realize that the italics were what he wanted to say until I got to the end. XD That's called fail on my part, my dear.

But, wow. I mean, really. I love pieces like this. (But you already knew that.)

Oh, goodness. That bit with the reference to Elbert's death? Bittersweet and amazing with a hint of awesome. Just the way I like it.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that after right Kent or Lyndis, you do a superb job of writing Eliwood.

And why do I feel like any story surrounding Eliwood is fraught with tragedy? Poor man. But it does make for a great plot device. C:

Uhh. Yeah. I have to go to class now.

Great job once again!

[Xirysa]
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Artful and poignant. A solid concept and a fine execution thereof.

Though I admit the middle section confused me just a little until I realized it was a regular battle scene and not the "accidental death" scene.

Loved the line about Elbert's smile.
EthelBertie chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Coming up outta nowhere to say:

Well... that was a heart-clencher. Words unsaid are always so tragic. Personally, I think this is the only way Eliwood and Ninian would NOT have worked. 'Cause, in the game, they have a bond regardless of supports or not.

I like the way you used italics to place what could've been said - just to, you know, emphasize your point. Aaah, makes me want to smack them both upside the head.

Just some (tiny) catches grammar-wise that I could pick up...

("Let me see," the young woman said. "Get out of my way. Go help where you're needed. I've got this.") I reckon it should've been "Let me see." because you started the next part of Serra's speech with a capital.

("Goodbye," he said.) I was just wondering why there was a comma there. Was he going to say anything else afterwards? 'Cause it would've felt more final with a full-stop.

But yeah, great job with this drabble. The greatest thing about this was that you brought home the message of regret so hard. Like, punch-in-the-face hard. Which is good.
Trevor X chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Nicely done! I didn't expect the goodbye in the end, though in retrospect I can see how it all led up to the farewell. (Plus the title should have clues me in.)

Good to see a creative spark alive! :-)