Reviews for Mindshattered
Sesshomarusama3 chapter 17 . 4/30
This fic was brilliant from beginning to end. I could feel Zoro's pain and Sanji's frustration, and dammit I love their oddly complex relationship! They're like the best of friends that always fight or the closest of brothers that always fight XD And my god the Alchemist was a terrifyingly dispicable villain!

Well done with this fic! Positively brilliant!
levysbookshelf chapter 17 . 2/28
So I loved this story it was well thought out. I love that you did research for it that just made me love it more. I could see the hard work you put into this.
Kuroki8 chapter 17 . 2/26
I liked your story very much :)
ocean's pebble chapter 17 . 1/29
This was really well done. I can tell that you put time and effort into researching this even without the author notes, and that you put a lot of thought into your villain and how to play everything out. Overall, this was a great read! Definitely going on my favorites list.
Loregeta chapter 5 . 1/28
Best Zoro story ever!
IpiuGate chapter 17 . 1/9
Nice story, much prefer Mihawk and losing an eye than the Alchemist but it just made both better. Totally understand the fascination with Zoro's earrings though, they're a part of him and look awesome. I'm slightly obsessed with Zoro and his smiles, grins, smirks and fear inducing teeth baring expressions so I liked how you mentioned them in your story.
ScandinavianTrash chapter 17 . 1/4
THIS WAS SUCH A GREAT FANFIC :D
DetectiveBiggs98 chapter 17 . 11/16/2016
This is by far one of the best fics I've ever read, and actually, it may just BE the best. Thank you for writing, I can tell you put a lot of work into this!
Caina Stean'Ame chapter 17 . 9/9/2016
Damn, how many years has it been since you uploaded that? Still, you wanted to know what the quiet ones are thinking so... This fic took me a while ,for the lack of time, but I did stick to it and for a good reason. See, I try not to judge fics harshly, but when I find a good one I feel so much Joy! And this was sure a great read. I liked that you did your research on starvation. I think I can't bring myself to do it - It's a frightening subject to me, given that a good portion of the world is, in fact, starving. I have researched many nasty things, like medieval tortures or the practices of Mengele, but starvation is for some reason up there with the scariest stuff for me. partially this is a reason why I felt like reading a horror story on several occasions. Another thing I really liked was that you kept the characters in character. Especially the relationship between Zoro and Sanji - The way Sanji acted like a jerk to keep the competitiveness between them as a motivation was quite nice. For a while, I thought you made Luffy a bit more stupid than he really is, but then I read one of the latest manga chapters when he blew up the kitchen and... Yeah... Luffy is pretty fucking stupid, even if it is usually for the fact that he noticed Zoro admitting to weakness was really cool. The story was straightforward, obviously, no need for plot twists and weird shit in it, very well executed and It had a dark but still a One Piece atmosphere. I really liked the Alchemist noticing I wanted to know more about him, though I totally imagined his looks way different than what you wrote. He was creepy as fuck. Especially creepy I found his way of interrogation, not because of the potions but because of his emotionless repetition of the same questions every day. The thought of it was disturbing as fuck, cause it feels a bit close to insanity. All in all great story. Zoro is my favorite character, together with Law and I really enjoyed this. I wish you wrote about Law too, just because I can't seem to find anything good that does not end up with sex... but anyway, I got off topic. Really loved this fic, and I am happy to have it on my fave list. Good job. (Excuse my horrible English)
NanneroftheWE chapter 17 . 7/26/2016
That was a great story! You did a wonderful job! Gah! You had my heart twisting in some parts! But I enjoyed the ride! Thanks for sharing!
fan-atic chapter 17 . 7/21/2016
I want to write you a novel; there are too many ways to express how I feel about this fic, about your beautiful, painful, sweet, sweet creation, and none of them suffice. You are the Nami-san to my Sanji, and in this moment I live to shower you with compliments and adoration. This masterpiece has driven me to offer you my heart on a platter of gold because I will continue to read your work as long as my love for Roronoa Zoro burns. Now, although it's been six years, I hope that you still enjoy reviews as much as you did then, because I will do my best to express exactly why I am possessed by your glorious, mind-shattering fic.

The way you write is to the point and clearly carries whatever scene you describe. On multiple occasions I had to stop reading and replay a paragraph, a single, perfect sentence. I could feel the characters' pains, especially those of Zoro and Sanji, and throughout you did a wonderful, spot-on job of characterization. Each voice was distinct and accurate, and you opened my eyes to a few relationships between the crew members, specifically Zoro and Chopper. I want to go back in the series and pour over every single interaction between them, just so that I can understand even better their positions in your work. I started reading this thinking I was prepared to cry, but I was not prepared to cry like this. I can't even begin to describe anything of how I feel about Zoro's chapters with the Alchemist, other than that Perona broke my heart and Zoro's character was so strong that it was like I was reading a canon story.

Speaking of the Alchemist... Mm. Too often, in canon and fanfics alike, the villains are not especially interesting. They have little depth other than "being the villain," and they're really just a plot device. But Magnus Panaceam... Mm. Even his name sounds like it came from the series itself, and his potions, "Steelskin," "Iceblood," "essence of cheetah," are precisely the same. His and his mother's past with the marines are so, so good. Magnus Panaceam is fantastic. Brilliant. I love how he has an actual, put-together past rather than some slapdash excuse for him to be evil. I love how you know things about him that didn't make it to the main story, like him testing all of his potions with such painstaking care. Magnus Panaceam is a character I want to know more about. What was his mother called in her fame as an interrogator? What was her technique for getting secrets? Was she right about the six marines? What was her relationship with Magnus, and if he didn't learn alchemy from her, then from whom? His entire being fits so well into the universe of One Piece. I feel like I've stumbled upon a rare and beautiful gem.

Not only is your One Piece lore obviously well-founded (I actually am going to go look up Sanji's fighting style in the OP wiki), but your heavy research into starvation is incredible. I, who am easily discourage by research, am now inspired by you. Zoro's recovery was just as painful as the events that broke him and I hurt for him the entire way through, but the way you didn't pull any punches and let him wither, allowed all of his hard work up to that point to flake away and slip through your fingers into the abyss, yet gave him a chance to get it back, made it all the more. Simply put, it was achingly beautiful. It was the flare of fire in the trees as they slowly succumb to winter, only to stubbornly continue standing and revive in the spring.

And now for my more personal personal opinion. I am forever grateful to you for not making it a shipping fic. I have nothing against Zoro x whoever, but what I was looking for was this; friendship. Real, honest, pure, part-of-the-crew nakamaship. In the secret corner of my heart, no matter how good the characterization is, I will never feel like a shipfic could be canon, simply because it's just that little bit too non-canon. But this…this could have been canon. And because every good review should have at least a little bit of critique, I will say that I wish there had been more shown interaction between Zoro and Luffy. However, it doesn't detract from the story at all, it's simply my ungodly craving for even a smidge more angst. I am at once shameless, and yet ashamed for my shamelessness.

It has been six years; I don't know if you will see this. But this is me literally not being able to contain my emotions.
pheonickx chapter 17 . 7/15/2016
omg the recovery process was really well writtem like I am in awe, thank you for writing this!
It was very interesting to explore this through Sanji's point of view considering his relationship with Zoro, like there is no one better for the job for this kind of job. just amazing
pheonickx chapter 2 . 7/15/2016
Yeah, honestly I would think that Luffy of all people would get the seriousness of the situation when it applied to Zoro this time but you know. He has his moments (with Brook in this chap) and really digging serious Nami and Sanji here though
May Eve chapter 17 . 6/28/2016
Very disturbing and very well done. Thank you for sharing.
Iamhungry11 chapter 16 . 6/26/2016
This story had me INVESTED. The pacing, the description, the characterization, the sheer thought and research put into this story had me hooked, and so I thank you for writing such a captivating story