Reviews for When I Grow Up
ha its cool
werd me chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
Would have been interesting to see jade decide to do the opposite after seeing that to become a villan so she can win and then save everyone
Major Session chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Round and round the wheel of fate grinds.
For every evil you destroy, a new one steps up to fill the void.
Eventually though, only you and the void will remain.
Will you fill it?
Aerhyce chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
HotaruSama00 chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
A very good take on a future Dark!Jade. It's great because I could actually see this happening. It's just like Nietzsche said in "Beyond Good and Evil"; "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
Righteousham chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
Hello Good sir,

It has come to pass that after a series of seemingly unrelated events I've been reminded of a show from my late adolescence that I'd loved but forgotten about in the intervening years. You've only one guess as to what that show was.

In all seriousness, after rediscovering my love of the JCA and familiarizing myself with the show and lore I decided to see what inventive stories might've cropped up here. To say that my initial findings were somewhat disappointing is an understatement born of a wish to not insult.

Then after a fashion I discovered your work; specifically Project Dark Jade, and while the fandom held my curiosity now it had my my interest, to borrow a phrase. In the interest of full discloser, I'll admit this is not the first of your stories I've read. Though for the purposes of review it's the easiest to tackle.

Simply put, I loved it.

You managed to capture the characters-even their speech patters, in the case of uncle-to a tee. Jade was especially in high form throughout. Which is very good as the story demanded we establish an emotional bond to the budding heroine.

I felt her horror of the realization of what she saw herself becoming. And at the same time felt the justification for her doing so was both anti-climatic and perfectly appropriate to her character. No evil tattoo twisting and magnifying her darkest thoughts and emotions, no demon possession; just the simple lack of challenge and excitement in her life.

How utterly mundane and the more horrify for it. Bravo.

Rest assured, that this is not the last you've seen of me. As your stories seem to be some of the best in the fandom, I plan to stick around for awhile.

I'll be watching, reading and reviewing more in the coming days.

Keep writing.
Jus Sum Dude chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Quite well done, even if it is depressingly deterministic.
ShadowAngelBeta chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
That was disheartening, but very, very true as well.

Also Fallen Heroes are scary as fuck.
kendermouse chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Wow, this was really well done, and the reasonings given are quite plausible. I could have done without the italicized bit at the end, though.
Zex-TheBlackFang chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Love it.
ChaosTheVoid chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This was a great one-shot. Dark Jade FTW.
InsanitySorrow 2.0 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
The only thing I can say is...Wow. The idea of Dark Jade never cross my mine until I read your story. To see the future and realize that no matter what we do, the potential of said future to came true will give chill to anyone. And I don't know if you realize it but when I google back to see how Jade look like the first thought that came through my mind is Mini Azula from ATLA. And considering Jade personality, I will not surprise if Jade is Azula reincarnation or Azula daughter's herself. Hmmm, muse. Just said your story give me an idea for my ATLA fic I try to do.
Mengskhunter chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Nice little one shot.
KungFuWitch chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
awesome !

I really can see Jade not being able to live without adventure or challenge, so I think you really kept her in character ) really great story !
D.J. Scales chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Ouch. Well at least it shows how things start to change from the future we saw in J2 Rise of the Dragons and in J2 Revisited. Very well written.