Reviews for Trust to Your Luck
falconer54 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Good, and touching. I like how you established and developed the relationship between Phils and Watson, it makes it seem more real. There is an irony about the monument, now that you bring it to my attention. As always, beautifully written.
falconer54
Capt-Facepalm chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I was in Reading yesterday

Spent some time in the Gardens

This story came to mind
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Brilliant dovetail with canon! Well done. It's difficult for me to articulate just how much I liked this story! Watson's reminisces were engrossing and I felt for the poor man. Holmes' motivation to share his first case was very touching. Again, just brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I enjoyed this very much, and so glad to find you writing again! You are the master of writing about Watson's time in the military - and I love it!
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
A welcome return by the undisputed master of Watson's military background. A poignant and intelligent story, and as impeccably well-written as ever.

Fabulous.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This was gorgeous. :) I don't know if you intended this, but I had the events of 9-11 on my mind the whole time I read this. Well done. It is beautiful like everything you write for this fandom.
tapd0g chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I really enjoyed that story. Despite the sad subject matter it had that little comic relief in the character of Phils. If you ever do any of Watson's 'reminiscences' from his Miawand days I would love to see more of this cheeky fellow :)
Nytd chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
A well-written piece with a great rendition of Watson's voice. His tale of Phils and of his ill-fated comrades was an engaging read.

The way you linked Watson's return to Baker street with the opening of GLOR was a great tie-in with canon. And I love how you wrote Holmes trying, in his own way, to distract Watson with the tale he tells of Victor Trevor.

Nicely done and a very enjoyable read!

Cheers!

Nytd
Go Outside chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Fantastic work and always a pleasure to read. Thanks.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
This is utterly brilliant. Someday I will manage to get my brain back in gear and finish the story I have about the Maiwand Lion, but I doubt it will come up to this one.
mrspencil chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Delighted to find more work posted by you. A very poignant piece, very well written, it is so important not to forget the human stories behind the names and statistics. Thank you,

Mrs P:)