Reviews for The Life and Ashes
CharmSparks11833 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
I hope you'll get it made into music, because if so, I would love to hear it! Very beautiful and well-written in my opinion
Dodos-r-not-extinct chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Really loved it! XD Captured the feelings and voices of Bree and Alec very effectively. If you do end up making it into a song I would really like to know.
StarfishOnTheBeach chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Awesome job! I don't get everything but it's beautiful as a whole, I love both stories and I can see both their opinions clearly in your poem, but made more beautiful! So congrats! I love it ;) x
Schnuersenkel chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Wow Racheakt, I think that this is really good. Someone sure used the month since Oy! Angelina's last update productively :-)

Well, I shouldn't talk. I was getting so bored while waiting for an update that I started to write my own Alec fanfiction and posted it. It has over 18000 words now and 7 chapters, still counting. How's that for having too much time in your life? :-)

Now, my story's getting more and more fans. Weird, hmm? Meyer writes Twilight, Oy! Angie writes fanfic because of it, you and me start writing because of Oy! Angie... Who knows, maybe people will start writing because of us next... just kidding... :-)

Well, I hope you find someone to write the music to your song. It would be a waste not to. I would help, but I'm unfortunately a music-moron.

Best wishes,

B. Romes chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
i like it. its so... i cant even describe it. to me its like they're apart (Far apart) and they're speaking to each other right in the face.

it's really good.
Oy Angelina chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
What can I say other than "wow".

Wow. First off, the poem/song is just excellent. Truly. I never had any flare when it came to poetry but was always impressed by people who could express themselves and articulate a situation with concise but vivid words. The imagery is exquisite - true not just to what has been mentioned in the story so far but to the essence of Bree and Alec. They both carry their own tone while speaking - more or less - of the same thing so, in that respect, you were truly successful.

I'm not sure why but the talk of ashes falling was especially poignant to lyrics. There's something about ashes that is both harsh and gentle, destructive and vulnerable, dark and radiant. I don't think, until now, I appreciated just how apt ashes are to describing both Alec and Bree. It gives me something to consider when I write more for their respective (and combined) story.

Thank you for such a flattering tribute that is talented in its own right. I hope you continue working on poetry and lyrics. It's worth the effort.