Reviews for City of Paradise
donnaboo17 chapter 8 . 3/2
I know you probably haven't really thought about updating this story that much. But, you've done a beautiful job and I'd love to read more.
Xahraxs chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
Please add more to this story. :)
YaoiBoyToy chapter 8 . 7/2/2012
Greetings and thanks for the update. Glad to see this story moving again! Please know that we really enjoy reading and appreciate your hard work.

Random the Na'vigator chapter 8 . 6/29/2012
This was actually quite beautiful! And a welcome change from the distressing tone of the Earth-bound chapters. I especially liked this:

: ...she felt her mind reaching away from her, spiraling out, seeking the new
: source that synched with her body...

...as if her Avatar were seeking *her* out fully as much as the other way 'round. And the scattered mentions of "going into its mind", implying that it *does* have one, however undeveloped... If so, that's probably the part of her that just *had* to get out of the Ambient Room.

(Disclaimer: I've always had a serious bug up my tailpipe about Avatar consciousness. In a word: Yes, for a hundred scientifically-sound and universe-compatible reasons that I won't bore everyone with here.) *g*

So what's going to happen with John's Avatar, since he can't seem to stay in link? And what were the shots for?

Oh, and the bit about braiding hair: I got a smile out of that.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 8 . 6/29/2012
This is another great chapter! The scenes seem very vivid and realistic. I also really like the characterisation.
YaoiBoyToy chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Greetings!

Thanks for the new chapter. I look forward to reading more.

vanSnyder chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
Very good that this is continued. This is a well written story from the darker side of science. Just too "realistic" (as far as a fictional universe can be) to be enjoyed without regrets for all those victims of heartless science in the real world.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
This story is brilliant! I really love all the details.
Booker10 chapter 6 . 5/22/2011
Love it:)))) piz update soon!
Red Queen Megz chapter 6 . 4/2/2011
I love this story alltogether. It's really good and I love how you used all the sciency stuff in it. I couldn't stop reading it. Grace is my fave character and I love how you did this. Please continue I'd be sad if you didn't )
Random the Na'vigator chapter 6 . 4/2/2011
Gods, Grace must feel awful...but trust her to make sure Atanäie gets the last laugh. It wasn't for nothing, then. Thank you.
YaoiBoyToy chapter 6 . 4/2/2011
Thanks for the taste. I look forward to your return. Good luck on your studies!

Marius the Wanderer chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
Whoosh...I can breathe now! (And sleep.) Nice turn. Nothing quite like the first inkling that the villains' payback is in the works. Going from Nobel candidate to criminal under a very heavy cloud makes a pretty good beginning; from the sound of it, Lovecraft is going to be feeling the pain on this issue for years...and Grace isn't even on Pandora yet! fierce grin

It'll be interesting to read how Grace resolves her ethical dilemma, and if she's going to testify in the trial. Meanwhile, I burned a cone of blue incense for Atanäie. I hope she found release before they could "tamper with" her any further.
Bigoldfrog chapter 2 . 2/24/2011
The prologue and first chapter mesh beautifully. They're gripping as they are smoothly and expertly written.
YaoiBoyToy chapter 5 . 2/24/2011
Greetings and thank you for updating. You have a good story going here and I am enjoying it. I look forward to your next chapter.

In my opinion, 5000 words is not too long for a chapter. I'm used to reading stories with upwards of 20,000 words in a chapter. I don't think you needed to break this up. As a result, this chapter ends very abruptly. Otherwise, I thought this was well written.

Once again, thanks for updating. You are telling a story I have always wanted to read!