Reviews for One Hour
Riyoko-chan chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
I am so excited that SOMEBODY finally thought to do this fic (that I've noticed), and I am especially happy that YOU were the one to do it! You are such a gifted writer, and I enjoy reading your stories. This one was super cute, and I can't wait to read more from you. Great work!
Darke Angelus chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This was a wonderful story. There have been many variations of Vegeta taking his son to the park but you undeniably captured the Dark Prince’s sour disposition and his apprehension with the upcoming tournament, for both him and his son. He really isn’t comfortable with engaging with Trunks outside of the simulator and you handled the awkwardness nicely. “Baby finances” I laughed out loud with that one. Oh, the innocence. Bribing the boy with food. Priceless! Looking forward to more of your great stories. Keep ‘em coming!
GirlProto chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Awesome story. _ I loved the fact this was a father and son story. In my opinion you did a great job capturing Trunks and Vegeta. Keep up the good job. Sequel if possible.n_n
Carlson chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Really well written. I think you captured Dad-Vegeta pretty well. Although I don't approve of the kick, it was a nice touch. It was very close to how I imagined it. I liked it a lot.
1 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
That was hilarious! I was laughing out loud just about the whole time! The mental image of Vegeta angrily texting was just too funny (with the way I saw him in my mind's eye, with his gloves on, it was even funnier!)! The funniest part was Bulma's emoticon response. Ha! I could just see Vegeta with that crazed, angry look in his eyes and his teeth grit together, one hand holding the phone in a death grip, the other in a fist, tensed forward and glaring at the screen as though he was about to rush the contraption.

The cursed pink icecream, the baby request, the bunny, the "bullies" on the playground, and his own sugar-charged son made this an hour-long battle that I don't think Vegeta anticipated. You write pure comedy as well as you do drama! This one-shot is sweet, funny, and cute and yet it doesn't put anyone - namely Vegeta - out of character in the slightest. Vegeta is still the a-hole we all know and love. You know how to make a tough guy look funny: Just put him in a situation that he otherwise wouldn't be caught dead in. :)

Oh, and thanks for having Vegeta correct his son's grammar! Nice. :D
Stress-Induced Dream chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I love how Vegeta's character is constantly evolving inyour stories. Its cute is trying to stay the level headed warrior while trying to be a decent father for Trunks. The rabbit scene had to be my favorite. I had a similar experience with my dad when I was little, and I caught a quail and wanted to keep it. Dad said he'd drop it off at the meat shop if didn't let it go. Great job, this was a cute little one shot
Francess chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This was by far one of thr best "take Trunks to the park" fics that I've read so far. I really loved the humor!
ShayL chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Awe, that was cute in a weird normal Vegeta way lol. Great work, I will be favoriting this
Jen chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
awesome one shot, I laughed throughout the whole thing lol :)
YumeTakato chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
XD I enjoyed it,
tomato chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
As Vegeta knows, one hour can be quite a while. I loved how you included so much without overloading the chapter, but matching how hyper kids can get and how quickly their interests can switch around with their feelings. This was a really fun look at some regular time in Vegeta and Trunks's relationship, and covered a lot. Vegeta might think he's getting soft, but he's definitely still Vegeta, and obviously Trunks's standards are different than other kids about harsh words from a parent. He just kept coming back.

Vegeta's reaction to Trunks asking about buying a brother at the hospital was hilarious. Then the ending was a perfect match for both of them as a casual father-son bonding moment- and that it doesn't happen right before Vegeta dies or a huge crisis but with such a casual setting. How many of these little moments do you think there were like this the two of them didn't even really notice?

Absolutely loved it!
Onba chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Good fic! I love how Vegeta changed the 'baby' conversation by telling Trunks to get more icecream. Lol!
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7