Reviews for West of the Moon
Sefiriot chapter 6 . 4/21/2011
So this chapter was absolutely heart-pounding (because the long anticipation is finally satisfied HUZZAH!), and Jim's campaign against the Maru was flat out awesome- especially where he re-enacted his father's last stand (which was briliant). It must have been triply eerie for all the military historians and those at the Academy who knew George Kirk well watching him: Jim Kirk is like enough to his father that watching the son deliberately quote his father's finest hour to no avail must've delivered a huge impact, as was the desired effect. As for the rest of it: OUCH at what Jim did to poor Spock. But it just goes to show that Jim has Spock's number all the time, even when he thinks he doesn't. And reinforces that he's quite ruthless, as befits a man who's just spent bloody, bloody years in the Mafia.
Leslie chapter 6 . 4/21/2011
Oh man, thanks for updating! I love this story, you're such an amazing author. I really hope that you are able to finish this story, I know it's gonna be another epic, like Atlas. 3
Pet chapter 5 . 4/20/2011
Where is this going? It's not moved in months, such misery! How dare you.
94685118984 chapter 5 . 4/13/2011
It tragic that this hasn't been updated yet.
Banzai.Bandit chapter 5 . 4/6/2011
As a new reader, I feel I have an obligation to tell you that I think this story is fantastic. It's certainly a very good AU take on Star Trek. I congratulate you on the ability to stick to the original characterization, even in the new setting. I can't wait to read the next chapter! May your plot bunnies always have carrots, salt licks, and sugar cubes to motivate them.

Ever your faithful reader,

~
Fang chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
I adore this fic. It has Jim and the Gang and the Mafia! Its awesome. I check at least twice a week to see if its been updated. I cant wait to see Spock reaction when he puts the messed up pieces of Jim's life together. Loving it and waiting in suspense for the next part.
Dark Satirist chapter 5 . 3/23/2011
Let me preface this review by saying that I absolutely LOVE this. Just so you know.

So, I have this issue with reading mafia stories-I have a general tendency to hate anything and everything to do with the mobsters. It's nothing personal-they just scare the hell out of me and I generally don't like things that scare me. So right now you're probably thinking 'why the hell is this person reading this story if she hates mafia?' Well... I loved Atlas. And basically all of your Star Trek stories. And while I still hate anything and everything to do with the mafia... this story is an exception.

Your characterizations are always what impress me about your writings. You get the real gist of the character (at least from my point of view). And while this is an AU... the core of the characters is still there. Thank you for doing that, by the way. It makes the story more easily relatable to the 'verse.

I love Chekov in this story. While Jim will always be my favorite character, Chekov is so freaking ADORABLE! I really like how you're portraying him as a puppy-loyal to the last and fiercely protective. It's really cute.

I also really like your new nickname for McCoy. It's awesome. Though personally, I like Bones better, but that's just because I'm accustomed to it. Georgia will probably grow on me. :) You've done an excellent job writing him so far-I love all of his gruffness. And I loved his story arc in the beginning-it was amazing! Though I totally figured Jim wouldn't kill him-but for some reason, I wouldn't put it past you.

Sulu kind of annoys me-he's a wimp. But that's okay. He's totally in love with Chekov, so it's all good.

Uhura is awesome, to say the least. She's another one of my favorites. You do a really nice job portraying her as well.

Spock... will probably grow on me when he gets over his anger management issues (preferably in an epic manner that involves a complete emotional breakdown between him and Jim and Jim reveals his entire story... and then they'll profess their love for each other... and then something violent will happen). -basically, my hope for any good story. But it would be awesome in this one. Just sayin'. :) Having read a lot of what you've written, I know you probably won't disappoint on that front.

Another note-just on your writing in general-I'm not usually a huge fan of slash (I actually avoid it almost as much as I avoid mafia stories), but in Atlas (and probably in this one), it felt right for Spock and Jim to end up together. It's a testament to your writing abilities. So. Great work.

I can't wait for the next update! I'm really loving the entire world you've created-it's unique and beautifully written. I can hardly wait to see where it goes!

Waiting on the edge of her seat,

~Scott Winchester 22 3 (aka, The Captain)
KnoKnayme chapter 5 . 3/16/2011
loving this so far!
AliCat chapter 5 . 3/12/2011
A total blast to read.

Spock, Spock, Spock. Are you going to refuse to feel guilty when you discover the reality under your nose?
iDevalu chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
So, liek, I stayed up all night reading this fic and

(hearts)

Amazing!

Alright, I won't lie: I'm a little bit sad that "Pretty Jim"l no longer exists but that's okay! Because the little you gave me made me swoon

(I literally (and I honest to cheese mean it) SWOONED! The whole swaying and *aaaahhh~* All that was left was to dramatically put my hand over my forehead but I was clutching my iPod to my chest so that didn't happen)

ANYWAY!

I have never experienced so many emotions during one night.

I started off excited, lovestruck (because of Pretty Jim, of course~), surprised, dejected, pissed, in denial, nervous - you know what, I was feelin' it all!

Where was I going with all of this?

Oh yeah!

You are amazing! Please keep writing more, more, MORE~!

Indulge the addict please?

I'll be waiting ;3
Burning Phoenix chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
Nooo! And it was getting sooo good. Ur gonna ubdate soon, right? :)
randomchibi23 chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
LOVES. Sounds like you know a bit about crazy schedules, eh? Well good luck and thanks as always for posting!
TheWhoaMan chapter 5 . 3/9/2011
Ooh! I want to know what happens next! This is so amazing so far!
gail19 chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
I'm so glad this isn't complete. Can't wait to see your take on the KM.
Lanhar chapter 5 . 2/27/2011
I am quite positive this has become my favorite au ever posted on this site. and ranks in the top 10 of all times. I just absolutely love it.

I am waiting to see Spock get it head out of his arse, but you have written him so well you know why he has it there so you almost cant be mad at him cause you know why and what he is feeling. but you still want to bitch slap him for it.

and poor Pavel at the start, all alone and then losing Jim. the poor little guy. Just want to pick him up and cuddle him.

enjoy grad school, and the DC area and cant wait for more!

Lanna