Reviews for West of the Moon
rain angst chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
I love this chapter and I am so happy you were able to update. I can see why this is a hard chapter to write, but you did it extremely well. Feel really bad for Kirk. He is lonely and trying to be happy which seems difficult for him, since he doesn't believe he deserves it. I'm glad he has a strong support system. Spock in denial equals asshole. I can see why he is upset, but he should take a lesson from the others and try to get to know the real Jim. Really looking forward to the next chapter.
purrfus chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
If this is not at the top of the list of evilest, most likely to get the author lynched cliffies ever then there is something wrong with the universe. OMG!
C-loke chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
Holy Shiznit! That was a great post. Kirk as always is so awesome and yet truly tragic to see how he views his own life. And Spock in denial is a jerk. He refuses to see what the others are trying to see. Even Sulu who was the the first to judge Jim harshly now sees somewhat the person Kirk is trying so hard to keep hidden. Jim seems like a lonely soul that believes he doesn't deserve friendship, family, or even love, which kinda breaks my heart. I do love how strong and determined he is. Again love your post, truly worth the wait. :)
Empress Satori chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
Omfg, I loved on them all so effing hard this chapter except for Spock because he really is being a dick. Yea, Jim lied about being in the Mafia, but sometimes these things are necessary... like when being an undercover FBI agent. I do think he's upset mostly because he fell in love with what he believes to be a lie.

My heart hurt for Jim when he explained why he didn't tell Bones about his allergies and then when he was startled out of his sleep. Poor thing.

I can't wait for the next chapter.
MegKevin chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
Oh, GOD, I love you. I worship at your feet, O Goddess of all things beautiful and mysterious.

I humbly demand MORE.

Mother of god, you are SPECTACULAR! I am seriously feeling stunned and awed, and like I might faint from awesome right now!

!

-Meg
Whillenwolf chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
I can't wait for the next part! Yes! The war's on! Hahahaha, I wonder how Spock will fair against Jim's papers...
Doni chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
So damn gripping! I just adore how you are converging your story back with the original. Can't wait to see where you take this. Not all of Jim's past can be a lie, it's too painful to him to be so. I just love how fiercely protective the group is of Jim. You almost have to feel sorry for Spock for acting out because he's been hurt. Just amazing work!
BlackMaru chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
"He was THEIRS*

FANGASM. Epic. Utter. FANGASM.

You made me scream. And cry. And laugh. I feel as if I have been...compromised somehow...

I...don't think I can read anything else for the rest of this week...

Expect, maybe, re-reading Atlas...

Love it. Love it. Love it LOVE IT.
Lady Merlin chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
Okay, HOLY SHIT, How did I MISS THIS?

I mean, yeah. I had exams but WHY THE EFF didn't FFNet tell me you'd posted a new fic in november last year? THIS ISN'T FAAAAAIR! And CHRIST, I love this. Jim is un-F*CKING-believably HOT, and I have to irrestistable urge to keep writing in Caps. I mean, WHOA. This AU KICKS ASS. Imagine that in bold, or something. Like, WHOA.

Loved this SO damn Much. Having a great time with the alter Jim and Co. Spock intrigues me. :)

Love,

LM
Apricot chapter 5 . 1/30/2011
I could cry. Very nearly am and my heart is even if my eyes aren't.

Thank you for updating!

I adore your writing and this story? It's one of the best stories on this site that I have read if not the best. To the point where it's a story to me and not a fanfiction. The jigsaw you speak of in your author' note is there but I find that most stories with a long period of time described in a comparatively short amount of text has that feel to it and it helps with conveying the passage of time. Well I was disappointed in your last update that Georgia was alive I can see how the story wouldn't have been able to recover from that. So I'll put away my bloodthirsty thoughts of him being alive lessening his death scene and enjoy what is to come. What really makes me fall in love with this story though is the depth of your characters, case in point, Jim. He has so many layers I just want to spend hours studying him and figuring him out.

Thank you for filling up my heart with your words.
dwelian chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Oh HELL YES!
paper.creations chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Yay, an update! I was so hoping it wasn't completed, and it isn't!

That being said, I'm bloody confused. Maybe I'm just incredibly slow today, but, what? The Kirk we know as canon is just a character being played by your Jim, okay, but why? And to what end? And what happened to his FBI career? Well, the Mafia's still after him, etc but how would enrolling in Starfleet help? And why are Bones, Uhura and the rest of them acting like his pda/tutor service? And why is Spock the only one bothered by this?

*brain explodes*

That being said, I loved this chapter. Chekov was just brilliant, I adored him. Scotty, Uhura and Sulu were generally awesome and Bones, oh Bones, still love him. I want so badly to ship them in this, it's insane. Especially when Jim showed up and they hugged and my little fangirl heart erupted with joy.

And my favourite line comes from Sulu:

"I will cling to that morsel of good news for the rest of the day," Sulu said flatly, watching spots of acid eat through an abandoned lab coat.

It's brilliant!

I'm confused as hell, but I feel like shit's going to hit the fan next chapter. Spock and the Kobayashi Maru aren't going to know what him them. And I love that Jim isn't going to cheat here, that he's just going to create a shit-storm around it. Much more devious, and so much more fun to watch.

Re-post soon, pretty please! I absolutely adore this.

-Maggie
arccie chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
My face hurts from smiling too much.

Jim's personal quirks are fun. Boredomexplosions sounds about right.

Even though Spock is being a right bastard.

So much love for your character interactions.

:D
Jedi Buttercup chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Yay, more of this fic! Fantastic characterization and AU-ization, as always. Can't wait for more.
Radishgirl36 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Hmmm... interesting. I held out hope that it wasn't complete. I've read most of your other stuff and there wasn't enough K/S UST for it to be over yet : )

I don't know how Chekhov got Jim there (Is he in FBI relocation or did Chekhov hack the FBI computers?) but I am glad he's where his friends can keep and eye on him. It didn't feel tortured to me. There were a few bits I'm a little shaky on such as: Jim was in the FBI, while he wouldn't have had cadet training wouldn't he need to know a lot of this stuff already? But if he did he wouldn't be killing himself training.

I like your Spock. He's more repressed and angsty in this one and I like that. I love how Jim can still drive him to some emotion even if it is anger and confusion instead of the easy affection he had before (even if he'd never admit he isn't good friends with many people. He cared a lot about Jim to spend so much time with him and to be so broken up about being lied too).

Very nice. I can't wait for the next installment. In the meantime have some e-cookies of your choice.
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »