Reviews for West of the Moon
Daradesari chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I'd like to say this is very well written and it just kind of sucks you in.
Lyricoloratura chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
I wasn't going to harass you about it - but DAMN, I'm glad you updated this.

Having Jim show up at Starfleet Academy? Priceless. I adored Pavel being sneaky and secretive about the whole thing.

And now, an aside - I know you're all about the Kirk/Spock, but I have to say that I just basically adore the way you've written Pavel in general in this story. (I'm a Chulu dork; these things matter to me.) You write him with the characteristics of a young, enthusiastic, loyal and brilliant human being - you do NOT make him ridiculously fluffy and/or a caricature. That's such an easy trap to fall into (evidently); it's lovely that you don't.

I also love your McCoy and Nyota - they're just so *real*, and once you "un-killed" Leonard, I could let go of the breath I'd been holding and enjoy this story. ;-) Thank you so much for not sacrificing the other characters to the central Jim and Spock story; for lack of a better term, the depth of your characterizations add such richness to the texture of the piece.

And of course Spock would be bitter and angry. I can't wait to see what happens to change that - especially since I don't have the foggiest how you're going to pull that off.

Speaking of which: My favorite line in this whole post was actually from the AN.

"I, uh…well, I can actually be written, you distractible skank."

I giggled out loud (startling the other people in this part of the Chicago airport where I'm currently waiting for a plane) - my stories snark at me in much the same fashion, and that's just hilarious.

Magnificent work here, as per bloody always. Will look forward to an update whenever it arrives!
unknown20troper chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Awesome!

All the characters are in character. Jim's the student Chekov asked for! Georgia got his Bones nickname! Spock's seriously angry at Jim and Jim's gonna mess with the Maru because of it! Yeah... I don't have much to say about this chapter or any parts that particularly stood out to me, but it is awesome!

Great chapter!

Great story!
leoniealastair chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
I love this! Thanks for continuing this story, it's fascinating.
JoriWinter chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
No doubt this chapter would sound much worse if compared to what it could have been, given your AN, but as someone reading it for the first time I rather liked it. Keep it up, eh?
strawrawbeby chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
oh my god this is still as brilliant as every. can't wait for the next chapter!
tomoe-gozen52 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
I've been waiting for this chapter! And I can't believe I'm not the only one who expected to find Jim Kirk at the Academy next.

Loving the process and feeling badly for Spock and Jim.

That Chekov - adorable.
xxbreuddwydioxz chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
May I just say that it absolutely does not sound like you tortured this chapter into existence? That you rather lovingly raised it in a nurturing environment with lots of sunshine, exercise, and proper nutrition?

Like seriously. BRILLIANT. :DDD I'd been waiting for this chapter for so long. 3 And it was totally worth the wait. SO GOOD.

SKJFLFSLDJDSJLSLDSKJLD

I'm so happy to see Jim in Starfleet. :D And being his genius self, of course. And the relationship between him, Chekov, Sulu (loved the little hint of their beginning romance, btw!), Scotty, Uhura, and Bones is beautiful.

The part in the middle. Where Jim is convinced he's just going to be stuck out of the way on some random outpost. And McCoy is determined not to let it happen? That was heartwrenching and gorgeous. I almost burst into tears.

(btw. intro of bones's nickname! YES! :))

And Spock. Oh poor, poor Spock. HE NEEDS A HUG. (though he also needs to stop being so mean to poor Jimmy-poos.) I can't wait to see how this all turns out! SKSJKF (The Kobayashi Papers - brilliant idea. Very interested.)

Anyway. Characterizations were flawless. The chapter was simply brilliant, and beautiful, and I loved every word.

Absolutely cannot wait until the next update!
LKalomi chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
YOU UPDATED! *ahem* It was admittedly slightly obvious who the transfer student was going to be, but great nonetheless - you wrote it, of course it's great. And that last bit... I now have a huge "this is going to be awesome" grin on my face.
wanderer-owl chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Chekov, YOU ROCK!

*giggle*
Meriarijim chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Do you know how excited I got when I saw this in my inbox this morning? REALLY REALLY EXCITED. (Oh, but Kingdom Hearts is very easy to be distracted by, it is. *has been* ; ) (Finished novel you say? Do want! :D)

On to the fic!

CHEKOV'S PENPAL. DARLING OF THE ADMIRALTY. OH I WONDER I WONDER. 8D I am in love with Chekov having a multimedia presentation on why Pike should be the adviser. That makes me smile a lot. And man, Chekov is a tricky little bugger. I mean, we knew that already, but goodness. XD

I WAS RIGHT. ;3;

and damn, Spock, you two are being idiots again! I've missed it. :3 but now it's less of the 'where have you been all my life' and more of the 'you left and now I have Vulcan rage' isn't it. *sigh*

and oh, I love the rumors. Especially the last one.

(Also, I keep picturing Spock lurking around like a stalker behind the fake plants of the cafeteria, listening in on Jim and Nyota XD)

also also, Sulu still bein g protective of Chekov makes me smile. A lot.

It almost sounds like Jim has PTSD, what with the loud sounds and people surrounding him. PTSD from being in the mob? And then lo, you come out and say it. Huzzah.

Damn, Spock, way to be a bitch, you are heartbreaking. TT;

Enough babble, this was a wonderful chapter, I don't know what you were babbling about in your author's notes. And long! And worth it, except, you know, the whole Spock being a jerk (for a reason! denial! all that!) and being mean. XD

Wonderful job, m'dear, can't wait to see more *_*
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Dear God, your updates are so brilliant, that despite it being painful, they're SO worth the wait!~
FallChild92 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Good god, I can't imagine how I ever forgot about this story-it is amazing. This chapter is spectacular. Thanks for writing. It's a gift to the community.

Anyways, that means you must write more as quickly as you can.
asialisek chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
Fantastic!

Gosh, maybe I've said this before, but SO well written!

Ch.5 really leaves us in a spot.. And I can't wait for the next chapter. :D
JadeMac2442 chapter 5 . 1/29/2011
My God, woman, you are a genius of the Kirk/Chekov level, and I love you for it. SuspiciousBitchy!Spock is so much fun. Though I'm looking forward to him seeing the error of his ways, and just taking Kirk over his desk. :)

Excellent chapter as always.
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »