Reviews for West of the Moon
Just Wait And See chapter 11 . 12/3/2013
I read this last night and just loved it. I took a few hours to mull over the whole story in my head and fangirl about certain moments (and also demand that one of my friends read it immediately, so I could talk to her about it). This is one of the best pieces of literature I have read, fan fiction and non.
Now I have some questions, I would love to hear the answers if you can spare the time, please. I was wondering what your inspiration for the story was specifically? How did you think of the salt and pepper non-game and its lasting effects on the story? How did you conceive a Jim Kirk that was suicidal and completely in character?
Thank you!
missmarthanightingale chapter 11 . 10/23/2013
This story made me cry, but in a really good way, so thank you so very much.
IsBreaDorcha chapter 11 . 10/16/2013
That was fuckin awesome. I hope you know that. I was scared at first. Then read the first chapter, was then more scared. Then skipped to the last chapter, where I read the first two sentences and felt better. So I went back and read all of it. And I loved it. It's not conventional. It's not typical star trek. But it is. It has all the elements, the personalities, its just darker but still just as awesome. I absolutely loved the last chapter, the style was fenominal (I spelled that wrong) and beautiful and heart twisting.
I know you said you won't but I would love to read more stories from you.
Thank you so much!
Brie
sentarla chapter 11 . 10/15/2013
Awww the ending made me feel warm and fuzzy. I Loved this story. I love how you worry this intricate universe different Kirk into the story we know but different. I love the relationship and how it slowly builds with Kirk and Spock and all the others. Thank you for not killing Amanda it's really clever how you did that. I was really sad to see the end of this story because I was enjoying it so much. Thank you for both Atlas and this story I really hope you will come back to the Star Trek universe soon. Thank you
indra988 chapter 11 . 9/23/2013
This is amazing. You are amazing. This is the second fic of yours I read this week (atlas being the other) and you are absolutely, officially my new favorite fanfiction author :3
EccentricRage chapter 11 . 9/2/2013
I didn't know what to think when I read the summary. I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. This was a fantastic story with so much growth in so many ways, and you put very much emotion into your writing. I loved this story and I am supremely glad I was given the chance to read it. Wonderful job!
Rena1 chapter 11 . 9/2/2013
I know it has been awhile since you finished this story, but I wanted to let you know that I just got around to reading it. And it was extremely helpful to read while on breaks at work. Made my stress level decrease quite a bit to get lost in the story and characters instead of focusing on what was going on in real life at the time. So thank you very much for sharing it with us!
Sigrida chapter 11 . 8/29/2013
It was beautiful, thank you! :) In few stories I have read recently Kirk is portrayed as being weak and needing protection from his friend/Spock too much (at least in my opinion) - I really liked how you balanced out "independent Kirk" and "needing friends Kirk" !
CeruleanEyes17 chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
I'm going to review chapter by chapter with this one (as opposed to what I did with Atlas since I read all of that in a 24 hour frenzy xD) because your writing deserves that. This is honestly brilliant! I don't like how darker fics are often less popular, simply because few people have the ability to appreciate a story if they don't agree with the events depicted (however tragic they may be.) I suppose major fans of a series would also approach AU fics with a sense of wariness, at least. When one keeps the essence of each character very familiar as you have (even with some major differences) however, it's easy to adjust to the changes. The characters having already been fleshed out by another writer doesn't give an excuse to simply build from that if said characters have gone through different experiences in an AU. So I really like how you are slowly introducing the voice of each of these characters and developing them in your own style, taking into account the ways that this AU would have affected them. Of course this task is made a bit easier by the fact that you created the AU, but that detail is impressive enough in and of itself. _ I know this is a lot to see after chapter 1 alone, but I just really enjoyed it a lot! And I am looking forward to reading the rest of it, and trying to savor it this time. :3 You made me laugh, you made me cry, etcetera, etcetera. And I don't even know how long ago this was written or if you'll everrrr read this review but oh well! I had fun writing it, probably because I have an unhealthy love for rambling and/or hearing myself talk (errr, write?) Anyyyyywho, keep up the good work!
IrisImbrium chapter 11 . 7/20/2013
I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. It made me cry happy tears. You are a wonderful writer, I would absolutely love to read more of your books .
The Viking Fish chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
I'm not sure if I can accurately enunciate how much I enjoyed this story, but I will do my best.
I don't think I have enjoyed a portrayal of James T. Kirk as much as I have in all of your stories. You write all the character voices so well. I was alternately screaming, squealing, giggling, tearing up, and whirling away from the computer with my hands tangled in my hair yelping 'no, no! Gaaaah!" only to find myself circling back to the computer to continue on with the story. Also, there was a distinct and totally predictable drop in the amount of homework completed and sleep acquired.
(Cure you marvelous story! *shakes fist*)
Beautiful writing, excellent world twisting, and lovely iterations. Thank you for writing this!
I also did a funny little dance when I saw his street name was retty Jim.
Guest of Anon chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
You know what? That is what I call a cliff hanger.
One of the best I have ever seen!
And I didn't see it coming.
Brilliant.
Berylium chapter 11 . 7/6/2013
For all that I am wary of AU's, your superb writing drew me in and I was hooked. I loved the plot twists and gradual revealing of backstory, loved the dialogue and characters. Everyone is adorable; and the major themes of kinship, chosen family, recovery from exile from self, society, and family; and creating home were resonant and beautiful. Thank you!
kyuubecky chapter 5 . 7/5/2013
GAAH! SPOCK! You have incurred the wrath of a bunch of geniuses! That's like slapping Einstein!
kyuubecky chapter 3 . 7/5/2013
...WHAT?! WOOOO! FANGIRL ATTACK AT THE EPIC PLOT TWIST! WOOOOOOOO!

I HAD to go back and just re read the scene...oh golly that was GLORIOUS!
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »