Reviews for West of the Moon
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
I refuse to believe you killed Bones. He's in Witness Protection, I KNOW HE IS. Also, your characterizations? Perfection.
Alice Ryter chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
Eep! You updated! Your fanfiction never get old for me, and this is just so... augh, I don't have words for how great this is. (Even though I'm still really mad that McCoy's dead.) In the a/n for the last chapter, you mentioned that people might say something along the lines of 'so-and-so is totally OOC'? Well, I guess if anyone else was writing this story, a few of the characters WOULD seem OOC- especially Jim- but the way you write just makes everything seem so natural, that I accept the characters without a thought. You're that convincing. I aspire to be able to write like you, seriously.

Love it, love you!

-Alice
LJ user chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I am newly obsessed with this fic, as I was with your last one.

Hope this is not the wrong place to wish you luck at school, I have my degree in LIS as well and love it :)
rya chapter 2 . 9/30/2010
love it! can't wait for more!
Lulu11 chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
Oh, wow! I'm definitely intrigued. This is so brilliant and so different from anything I've read before; you've definitely got me hooked. You've managed to write an AU where the characters are different, but still true to themselves, which is pretty impressive. I can't wait to see where this is going (and I can't believe you killed Bones, but I know you have a plan), so I'll bookmark it and keep checking for updates. :)
InkWave chapter 2 . 9/26/2010
That was amazing. I totally loved it. Bones being attached enough to get killed, Jim being emotional enough or attached enough that his guilt let him get caught. And deciding to spill everything as almost an atonement that would never be enough. Is it done? Did jim surivive? Please write something more, anything ...
Natalie chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
This is another lovely chapter. As usual, your writing is beautiful and you've come up with such an engaging story that I check back constantly for updates. You've written perfect characterizations and woven an interesting plot that grabs and holds a reader's attention.

I still believe that McCoy isn't dead. I keep imagining all these potential scenarios that you could take this to make him not dead. I will firmly believe that he isn't dead.

And if he really is dead... then I have complete confidence in your ability to make that work as well.

I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Until then... good luck with grad school.
maggie2mw chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
OMG I love you so much!

So intense! Please write faster! (no pressure :P)
FantasyFanatic08 chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
For those who don't like this story, they can kiss your butt. I love it. Pure and simple. :)

Keep on writing, and I'll keep on reading. ;)
tobleronin chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
Oh, wow. This is beyond awesome. Forgive me, I intend to rant. It will probably be shameless.

One, your characterization is amazing. I adored the first chapter, it set the tone of a slow build while giving every character their own perspective - all of which was amazing, obviously. I loved your Jim, and your Spock, and Sulu, and come to think of it, all of them. Seriously.

Two, your dialogue is perfect. I didn't realize until recently how easily poor dialogue can ruin a story. The opposite is also true, apparently. It's got perfect timing and there's a unique rhythm there between what's being said, thought, and recalled by each character.

Three, plot! I've read so much mafia/gangster stuff before. Situations and personalities start falling into a pattern, and what was a relatively cool idea turns stale fast. This didn't do that, at all. Mafia!Jim was a subtly played concept, and I love it (too).

Finally, wow. I love that you beat up on Jim, seriously. Having him kill McCoy was absolutely brutal, and again, amazing. Some part of me is like, oh, no way, he didn't really, it's just a ploy. But there's doubt there, and it will end up making the truth that much more compelling, because we know Jim has his reasons either way.

So, uh... I'm done! It sucks that a bad comment that took a thoughtless critic maybe thirty seconds to write can have such a huge affect, but I think that's universal in people that care about their work. It especially sucks when you're in limbo. But those of us that love your stories (most of us), love them about 9001 times more than those people dislike them.

Take liberties, keep writing, forgive me for this. (Should I PM this? Ah, screw it.)
SpirkTrekker42 chapter 2 . 9/23/2010
Great story so far! Poor McCoy, though. But I have a feeling Jim's not such a cold-blooded killer after all. Update soon, and good luck w/grad school. \\/
Anon chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
This is a great start to this story, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Like others, I'm really hoping McCoy is somehow, magically, not dead, but either way, I'm already completely intrigued and loving it! I love your writing (I have Atlas saved), and wanted to thank you for brightening my day. Also, I'm also in the position of trying to find a place to live in a new situation and place, so I wanted to say good luck and don't give up! Thank you again!
dwelian chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
whyyyyyyyyyyy do you keep writing these stories that SUCK ME IN? And then...CLIFFHANGER. You do know you often manage to get me so into these things that I'm riled up when I finish the chapter and there's no more to read? Sign of good writing that! Thanks for sharing more and I look forward to finding out what Jim's fate will be!
Zephyr macabee chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
Wow! Just read the first 2 chapters and you are off to a rousing start. Damn evil cliffhanger *shake my tiny fist at it*

Let me take this opportunity to say that I really enjoyed Atlas too (although I never posted a review) *hang my head in shame*
lelann37 chapter 2 . 9/21/2010
damn. that was one hell of an ending. I hope Jim is ok. thanks for the update! (I really enjoyed it)
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 .. Last Next »