Reviews for West of the Moon
my
golly
... O.O
kyuubecky chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Holy crap this is just SO SUPER EPIC! Mafia style Star Trek! and Jim is a total boss! ...until the very end there...is McCoy REALLY dead?! ...please say no
Serpentinia Malfoy chapter 11 . 6/26/2013
Jesus... I cried. That was... perfect. And when I say perfect I speak for the entire story. That... that... seriously there are no words. Just... thank you.
Viviane Renard chapter 11 . 6/23/2013
I really enjoyed this story. You had the right mix of "canon" and AU to make the characters feel "right" and themselves, even as they changed to adapt to different circumstances. In some ways, your creation of the flagship super team was even more fascinating than the 2009 movie. Instead of a tragedy throwing them together unintentionally, they all met each other through circumstantial meetings with Jim. Even before he became their captain, he was the glue holding them together. I really like that concept.

And let's face it, combining fascinating characters with good writing and mafia excitement is a recipe for excellence. Thanks for sharing!
Fortune42 chapter 11 . 6/16/2013
You're brilliant. Everybody is, but really, that was brilliant.

You have an interesting style with your writing, both on the small term (paragraphs) and the larger term (your chapter and your plot). You write well, these long debating paragraphs that state what could be and state it in detail with all the thought process and emotions of your characters. You create chaos. Then you make a simple statement, a sentence or a fact, that changes the context of the entire story. It’ feels like stepping down stairs: you wait and wait and the tension builds and then you hit the next step down and everything changes. Then it starts again and you stumble your way down through the story, lost but knowing you'll reach the end (and thank God it says "complete", I had to stop and check) looking through the eyes of the men (and women) who YOU, the author, have made so beautifully alive.

I could go on to give you the standard BS, and I will because you fucking deserve it, but that was what really struck me about your piece.

There wasn't any toying around with the AU, or messing with the characters to have them fit. I don't have anything against that, heck it's why there's AU in the first place, but you had these character which you had ONE MOVIE to base after (okay I'm not counting classic Trek but the characters changed enough between the movies that I find that fair), and I could see them doing what they did. Okay, no, how do I say this: they did what they would have done had that been their circumstances and had they been acting with the mindset that the backstory you gave them created.

That is what they call a run-on sentence. It is also the best I could do.

Heck, and I have say this, you had a plot. And it was GOOD. Granted in a novel you would want to move faster closer to the end of the story but that's not as important in fanfiction. Most fanfiction is fluff. Call me a hypocritical jerk, but most of it is. Well-written, okay, the occasional plot, sure, but the vast amount of stuff is fluff (I'm head over heels in love with it, that doesn't change, but let's be honest). You a multi-dimensional story that dealt with lessons about life and dark characters that changed and grew.

I could say more but you're above all that "nice paragraphs", "avoided just dialogue WHEW", and "HECK that long (okay you deserve that one)" kind of thing.

This is the first one of your stories that I've read, and you have so much room to grow as a writer. I just glanced over your profile briefly and it looks like you had a problem with plagiarism (people are jerks, man, tell me about it) but I hope you get this. I look forward to your novel, and heck if you ever read this shoot me a PM should you get published. WHEN you get published.

Thank you for your story, your time, and your willingness to share.

Nothing but the best,
-LockedandKey
LadyTygerEyez chapter 11 . 6/13/2013
Loved this from beginning to end. And, seriously, the thought of a mafia!Jim is super-sexy. :)

Thank you for sharing.
XandyNZ chapter 11 . 6/12/2013
I first found this story over at Archiveofourown, and found a mention of the completed story here on . And can I just say, this is an awesome story. I love how you've changed certain details in the background, and how Jim has grown up differently, and yet he is still that same mass of contradictions that we all know and love. Love how everyone got together, and progressed into a real home/family. 3
Kamai6 chapter 11 . 6/7/2013
Stunning! I do believe I said this in my review of the last story of yours I read, but I thought it worth repeating here... You write exquisitely, and this is one of the best stories I have read in ages! I love the way you construct such detailed characterisations, and the drama flows so naturally. :)
Beautifully written! :)
Thanks so much!
Kamai6 (who is still too lazy to log in)
lilolemole chapter 11 . 6/3/2013
Oh my gosh, this was lovely, the storyline was brilliant and the characters, although a bit OOC, were fantastic, and Kirk, darling Kirk, I'm so glad he's alright :)
lilolemole chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
WHAT OH MY GOD SERIOUSLY OH MY GOD THAT CHAPTER OH MY GOD
ketren chapter 11 . 5/15/2013
OMG, the feels...wow. Just wow. That ending just brought me almost to tears! Holy crap, this was such a good story! And I love the characterization. I mean, I can almost read "Pretty Jim" and "Jim Kirk" as two different people sometimes, but other times they're just the same determined and slightly reckless guy who doesn't know what he wants out of life. This is definitely one of my favorite stories I've ever read in this fandom, and it's so AU that I wouldn't have expected it. But it just works. And it's so unique. Anyway, I'm gonna stop rambling now, but thanks for a phenomenal read; I loved it. :-)
Doll-Fin-Chick chapter 11 . 5/14/2013
Ah again, brilliant! Though yeah, much darker, and this one only took a few hours to read

DFC
Nostalgia-in-Starlight chapter 11 . 4/13/2013
Wow wow wow wow WOW! I don't even know where to begin! How do you DO it?! How do you write such intelligent, brilliant, captivating fics?! This one completely blew me away! It's wonderful beyond description. The plot was spectacular, the writing was achingly beautiful, and the characters were REAL and precious. You are absolutely phenomenal. I'm crossing my fingers and praying to every deity out there that you'll write another Trek fic after the release of the new movie. Your fics are like drugs, addicting in the best way. Please consider writing more.

Until then, I shall re read this as I do with all your Trek fics.

Once again, WOW.
silvermoondemon16 chapter 11 . 2/3/2013
What A beautiful story! I have been reading this fic for a while and I love how you ended it :D Thank you so much!
Gracealma chapter 11 . 1/24/2013
Wow, another good alternate version of the James/Spock story.
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »