Reviews for West of the Moon
cleovya chapter 11 . 1/4/2013
it is way too late and I am way too tired to be comprehendable.

I love this story
it is well written and the characters are fleshed out well
the plot is believable and no character is too far fetched as to riddle the story with holes
I will need to go back and re-read the beginning (I picked up again from chapter 5?)
I've been aware of this story but hadn't checked back for updates in a while

I want more stories from you and will look you up in the real world of books.
I'd be interested in side stories or spin offs of the crew such as hikaru/pavel relationship developments now that they don't have to devote all of their time to helping Jim realize his worth and potential.

Addy chapter 11 . 12/23/2012
I have no words for how awesome it was to come back to this story and find not just a new chapter but multiple new chapters and a completed story. An absolutely perfect Christmas gift.

Also, the story was awesome. As usual, your writing is great and your plot is unexpected and yet perfectly right.

I'm glad to get to read the end of this piece and I look forward to what you'll do in the future. (Doctor Who/BBC Sherlock? Sign me up!)
biblioholic chapter 11 . 12/18/2012
Amazing story. I love the complexity of it and the depth of many of the characters you included. It was a memorable and thought provoking read. Keep writing.

Rate 8.49/10
melisa chapter 11 . 12/13/2012
Glad this is done. Still love your characters. Thank you for an interesting read. I was very happy and surprised this was finished.
Mordsith Kaylae chapter 11 . 12/10/2012
INCREDIBLE! You have written another masterpiece, and I'm so glad I've gotten the chance to read it. You create such an intricate, beautifully-woven storyline, and your characters have such depth to them - it's such a pleasure getting to read your work. Thank you for another wonderful experience!
Hades Daughter chapter 11 . 12/10/2012
*Steps up on my soapbox*

First of all, I'm pretty sure there are reviews I've done on Atlas before, but I still need to reiterate how much I LOVE that story! I've been on FFnet for over 10 years (kinda sad when I think about it) and out if the zillion stories I've ever read, it's without a doubt the absolute best. I've saved it on every format/computer I own so I can read it whenever it tickles my fancy.

That being said, I've seen WotM pop up occasionally on either the list or when I look at your stories and I'm ashamed to say that I've always overlooked it because I've never been into mafia stories much. I'd like to sincerely apologize to myself and you for my ignorance.

This story is now my absolute second favorite story I've ever encountered (I can't imagine anything knocking Atlas off the galaxy-high pedestal I've placed it on though if anyone can do it, you probably could hehe). I was killing time last night (that's a lie, I love reading my boys haha) and I decided, screw it, I'm gonna give this story a chance. I started with no expectations and damn, if it didn't blow my mind!

I have a few favorite Spork authors that are revered in my mind, but seriously, no one writes them better than you! If I could sing your praises, I totally would. I realize I'm starting to sound a little stalkerish but you take them and just transform life into them so well that I feel like I go through every emotion they do. I know you said you are taking a small break from writing Trek work, but I hope it's not too long.

I also see you are working on an original novel. I hope once it's finished, you'll provide all of us loyal readers with the name because, rest assured, I will buy it and convince all my bookworm friends to get it too.

*steps off soapbox*

I know I could just say, your stories kick ass, but they truly are a work of art. I can't wait to see what you do next!

-Ash
tmelange chapter 11 . 12/9/2012
Great story! Bravo!
flimsysky chapter 11 . 12/9/2012
It had been a great run, from when I first discovered this story a year ago to today, when I realized you finished the story (I thought you abandoned it... sorry for having so little faith). Thank you for coming back to it, and thank you for uploading the rest of the chapters. I read the story from beginning to end again, probably my fourth or fifth time going through it. I guess it's because of the long hiatus you took, chapter seven was a little less than chapter six, and chapter eight a little less than seven. Err... less as in, less in depth, a little more detached. I suppose that after a year it's just hard to get into it the way you once was, and I understand that. So it was awesome- like I said, a great run. Will be looking out for your works in the future, be it on this site, AO3, or published (will be super excited for you if/when it's the latter!)

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)
Just Gwyn chapter 11 . 12/8/2012
I am currently almost finished with Atlas, for the fourth or fifth or something-th time, but when I found this I had to stop and focus on this one.

You are utterly brilliant. The manner in which you write these makes them feel so real. Everything in this story (both stories) fits together so well, and it just feels so right. I had trouble getting started on this one because I found it difficult to put together mafia and Star Trek in my mind. Once I got going though, I had trouble stopping. You are so good at putting up anything together in a comprehensible manner, and you manage to respect the canon. I'm just lucky that I found this when I was in between my major assignments that are due for the end of the semester!

...Now I need to decide between sleeping and finishing Atlas. I might choose sleeping in order to let this one soak in more. Still, I can always reread this one after Atlas if you haven't started another one by then!

Thank you for writing!
mengtoreality chapter 11 . 12/8/2012
Wow. This story was amazing...
Gigi chapter 11 . 12/6/2012
Thank you.
Meriarijim chapter 11 . 12/5/2012
*gross sobbing* Oh oh oh it's done ;_; And wrapped up so nicely! And just- it's been two years! And just- I had to reread the entire thing before reading the newest chapters, and I still love it dearly. Georgia! And you kept Amanda alive! And Jim and Spock and mind melds and just I have all these feels. Wonderful job, my dear, simply glorious ;_;

Question, though: Will this and Atlas and your other Star Trek fics be up on AO3, too? Because being able to read all of Atlas on my iPod in one go would be the most amazing thing ever *_*

Again, fabulous job. Thank you so very much for this fic. 3
yumeniai chapter 11 . 12/5/2012
That was beautiful, thoughtful, and overall, an excellent story. I enjoyed reading every bit of it!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 11 . 12/4/2012
I have mixed feelings about this ending. On one hand, I have to admit that the last couple chapters did seem a bit rushed, though I understand the burning need to exorcise the idea before it slips away. BUT. You didn't skimp on any of the important bits, so even though this ending seems a little sudden, it feels complete. And beautifully so! I love how you ended this, and your recommendation of listening to "Home" was indeed a good one! Very fitting. (I am a huge fan of the original song, though I do like this tribute version as well!)

Your Jim is still my favorite, by the way. Just sayin'. :)

I don't know what else to say, except I really, REALLY enjoyed reading this! Thank you for seeing this to the end! I'll miss seeing updates for it, though I may have to check out your AO3 profile just for shiggles one of these days. Best of luck with your YA novels; if they're anything like your fanfic, I'm sure you'll do an amazing job with them!
atymer chapter 11 . 12/4/2012
I was wondering how this story could be ended so quickly. The author has definitely put it together without me feeling I have missed a lot, especially Jim's healing time.
So I am happy Jim got his 'happily ever after' and Spock.
I am very happy the lock on his soul is so strong Agent Douglas had no recourse.
I hope, one day, after successful publishing of the original works, the author may return with some amusement back to the fans who will be hopeful, after the new film premieres, for more awesome Star Trek stories.
556 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »