Reviews for Little Brown Jungle Skirt
Gemini Explorer chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Ayoshen-

This was bittersweet. It was clever, and I noted the allusion to the story that I know as the Scorpion and the Frog. To you, it is the Scorpion and the Swan. Finn enacted the role of the scorpion: I kill even without cause or reason, because it is what I do. My nature. Like a mink in a chicken house.

Perhaps Finn saw strangers just as sources of weapons, food,or other goodies. She did initially treat Challenger and Marguerite that way in New Amazonia. But when she saw that they might be friends, she was quick to exploit that possibility, having sensed Challenger's compassion and the non-hostile indifference/bafflement of M&R.

But once in the Treehouse, Finny soon became a valued member of their surrogate family. She may have at first been jealous of Veronica, but was quickly her admirer and little sister.

So, where did this tale come from? It seems more like something that one of those weasels that a mutual acquaintance likes would do! (Insert winking Smilie here.)

Although it seems out of character for both Vee and Finnykins, it is nevertheless an interesting story, as an AU spinoff of the series. And you are a really good writer!

I don't know what more to say, except to ask you to write more, something where Finn and Veronica are best friends, facing threats from beyond the Treehouse. I love both characters.

Gemini Explorer