Reviews for Fatherhood
ivo1617 chapter 9 . 5/22/2012
Xena and Gabby should have settled down as well. I am sure that Xena would have been able to find a nice place at a reasonable price with her bargaining skills.

Call me crazy, but I think that Gabby and Joxer would have ended up together in season 5 if it wasn't for that 25 year leap forward in time. Though it seems that Amerielle will manage to get her father married off. If she could soften Gabby up, anything is possible. However, you know how Gabby gets when there are other women paying attention to Joxer...
ivo1617 chapter 8 . 5/22/2012
Another high quality disclaimer.

With Xena and Joxer, who would be Ares and who would be Aphrodite? Ares is the god of war, but I don't recall anyone ever beating up Aphrodite. Though I think that Xena can be a good mommy. She's a reasonably nice lady and she has lots and lots of skills. She can pull it off.

Actually it was people who Gabby likes (or kisses) that end up being dead.

Joxer has actually done some growing up since becoming a father. He is thinking about his daughter first and realizes that he would have to let Gabby go. Well at least Gabby's issues with Joxer did not prevent her from wanting to be a mother to Amerielle.
ivo1617 chapter 7 . 5/22/2012
This is one of your best disclaimers yet.

Hmmm, beneath the rough exterior, Xena can be a mommy too.

Gabby has gotten herself into a tough situation here. She has been so good with the kid that Amerielle actually wants Gabby to be her mother. I guess she did not consider that Amerielle might get attached to her as well.

Poor Joxer. He strikes out with Gabby again. This time it's so bad that she even had to break a little girl's hearts.

I rarely talk about spelling or grammar errors, but the following sentence needs a comma after 'bathed':

While Joxer bathed Gabrielle sat with Amerielle.

Because when I read the first four words, I thought something else might be going on.
ivo1617 chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
Well it seems that Gabby wants to settle down after all. Though she (and Xena) might be paying too much attention to Gabrielle's feelings, or lack there of, for Joxer. If Amerielle has two parental figures that love her, things should work out. And I think that Gabby has a big enough heart to take care of a child that's not hers.
ivo1617 chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
Not your best work on the disclaimer.

Well, Ares is definitely an opportunistic fellow. There is a chance that Xena might be on her own soon so he is taking it. Though it's hard to believe that Ares got to Xena so easily since she is generally smarter than he is. I know that you've told me about the more human Xena in your stories, but you seem to be going against the facts of the show here. Xena outsmarted Ares on multiple occasions. Though for a sleazy bad guy Ares does have one good quality. He tries really hard at his job.

Since I am not giving Ares as much credit as you are, I've got to put the blame on Xena for the whole scene with punching Joxer. Yes hitting a kid is bad, but Joxer is about as harmless as his daughter.

Though Xena might have a point about Gabrielle taking advantage of Joxer's feelings about her. Yes it's doubtful that Gabby would stoop so low, but we all know that Joxer would never say no to her about anything.

There's some irony in Amerielle trying to protect her daddy from Xena. If Gabrielle were to settle down and help take care of her, she would be saying the same thing to Gabrielle every day.

Joxer is such a good guy. The end of the chapter brought a tear to my eye.
ivo1617 chapter 4 . 5/22/2012
Gabby definitely wants another kid. I'm not really sure if it has anything to do with Hope since Gabby has always seemed like someone who likes kids - she even made the best of the tough situation in Married with Fishsticks. She was so excited to be a mother in season 3 even though I think she was smart enough to know that the situation was far from ideal. She had such high hopes for her daughter that she even wanted to have Hercules as a role model for her.

Xena is definitely getting jealous. Not having Gabrielle around would be a huge change for her; they've faced so many life an death situations together. On top of that, Gabby is actually managing to bond with Joxer while helping him take care of Amerielle. Has Gabby (or Xena for that matter) bonded with anyone like that.

I actually have mixed feelings about Xena potentially being on her own. It would be a big change, but I think she can do it. Truth be told, I've never been too concerned about Xena being on her own since she can always go back to traveling with Herc. The big guy would welcome her back with open arms.

Though the strange thing about the Xena and Gabby relationship was that they depended on each other more and more as the seasons went on. Yes they needed each other and they helped each other a lot in life, but weren't they supposed to become more independent as time went on? I mean look at Gabby is season 1. She does pretty well on her own in Sins of the Past, Athens City Academy of the Performing Bards, The Prodigal, and The Greater Good. Then at the end of season 6, when she supposedly knows everything Xena knows, we're wondering how she will go on. It seems kind of weird for season 1 Gabby to be more independent and self-sufficient than season 6 Gabby.

We're still in season 4 so Gabby probably does not know that Joxer likes/ loves her.

Gabby is getting to be pretty bitter in this chapter. When would she ever tell anyone, or Xena to less, to mind their own business? Gabby's got some real bite in your stories.

Call me crazy, but Joxer asking Gabrielle for help to raise his daughter is a reasonable request. This is Joxer we're talking about, so he will probably need some help. But since this is Joxer we're talking about, he won't complain if he gets to see Gabby every day. Gabby has got herself in a tough position here. She wants to be a mother again, but she might not have though about all the things that go along with that.
ivo1617 chapter 3 . 5/22/2012
What are you talking about? Gabrielle can't catch rabbits. They grow fangs and bite her.

Gabrielle not being mean to Joxer feels a little strange. Gabby really seems to want another kid since Xena just spent most of this chapter by herself.
ivo1617 chapter 2 . 5/21/2012
I wonder what kind of an impression Joxer made on the magistrate in the last chapter. He is there to pick up a child he did not know about and he walks in along with two beautiful women.

Actually at this point in the Xena timeline, Gabrielle still does not know that Joxer likes her.

You gotta give Joxer some more credit - I don't think he paid Meg. After all he mistook Meg for Xena and Xena would not ask for money. Actually Joxer might not have been a paying customer at Meg's establishment either. The women there liked him too much.

However, kids seem scared of Joxer so that's not going for him.

Is it just me, or does Joxer's daughter look like Gabby?

I had actually forgotten that Xena tried to talk Gabby into settling down.
ivo1617 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Well, Gabrielle's love/ hate relationship with Joxer continues. One moment she is laughing at him and the next she is offering to help him with his daughter. Though, come to think of it, having a kid could actually improve Joxer's chances with Gabrielle. Gabby has always liked kids.

I suppose there is a chance that Joxer is not Amerielle's father. If he is talking about paying, then he was not in a relationship with her mother. But then on the other hand, how did Heidi remember him and decide that he was daddy material? Maybe ole Jox wasn't completely truthful about his past...

I am gonna take a wild guess and say that Joxer was bullied as a kid, given that people are laughing at him in his home town.
The reader chapter 9 . 4/14/2011
A nice little story. It is good to know there is still someone outside writing Xena FF after so many years. The are some quibbles though, so I think Xena is treating Joxer a little too roughly sometimes. But generally it was fun to read!
Catherine Maya chapter 9 . 11/20/2010
Very cute! I'm choosing to believe that Ides of March never happened now, because Joxer wouldn't have found them... he'd be in Thebes with his daughter. So...

YAY they were never crucifed! hehehehehe
Catherine Maya chapter 6 . 11/20/2010
"But I don't want to leave you. Follow me instead."

Wow, I could actually hear Gabrielle saying that. What a powerful statement! That's something that was never said, suggested, even attempted on the show. What an intriguing thought! We always say that Gabrielle followed Xena... but what if Xena followed Gabrielle for once!

Love it!
Catherine Maya chapter 3 . 11/20/2010
This is an adorable story. I always kind of wanted to see what Joxer was like raising Virgil and the other siblings. Gabrielle is doing exactly what I would expect her to do. There is a child in need, and she is the first one there to help. I'm actually really nervous to see if she leaves Xena.

She can't leave Xena! ...is she gonna leave Xena?...
Phineas Redux chapter 9 . 11/8/2010
Lovely ending. Nothing like a bit of merchant-bashing! He didn’t realise what he was walking into! Xena’s chat with Joxer was tender, too! I liked this story.
Stardawn19 chapter 9 . 11/6/2010
Ah, very nice ending. I really enjoyed this story and I'm glad that you went the way you did with it. I thought it was funny... Xena's special way of haggling ;). It's sweet too that you leave it off with a possible romantic interest for Joxer. Over all, great job!