Reviews for In Sorrow Shalt
smokeyadrenaline chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
I really enjoyed this.
You're quite talented.
Esher chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
There is nothing about this I do not love. Particularly the last section with the Impala.
Aronim chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This is something else. I'm impressed. Most fanfic writers, even the good ones, have a somewhat generic style. This really has a distinct, vague and mystical feel that really fits an otherworldly being like an angel, moving between worlds.

Every word here seems really well-chosen and thoughtful, making this a solid piece which is a cut above the rest. Good job.
NQSAnon chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
No words.

I'm sorry, no words. The Bible verses, the terse narrator, the elegant simplicity.

No words.
Zephyira chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I like the snake, that was a really good story, that's what a broken heaven would be like, screams and dead cherubs.
top dollar chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Wow. Heaven was wrecked. Demons got that far. Shudder. And Cas did all that adjusting while Dean was driving to Lisa's. Heh. Very nice work.

I like it better than what really happened, I think.

Liked the Biblical usages, and...did someone recast Chuck's books into something dignified, or something? Or did Sam, Dean, and Cas wind up giving their own depositions which got incorporated along the lines of actual Gospels? You had me thinking for half a second there actually was a Book of Sam I'd not heard of.

"Why are you wearing that suit?" presumably referred to Jimmy, but I couldn't help hearing it all Donny Darko "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Teachergra chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
This is an amazingly well written story. I particularly enjoyed the weaving of Bible passages with the books of Sam, Dean, and Castiel. I always wondered how their chronicles would read. I also found interesting how you mixed in Dean's music in his chronicles. I don't understand, though, why Castiel says that he won't doubt but he won't believe. I'd like to know what that means. I'm at a loss!

I've filed all your stories in my favorites and every time I reread them I find new facets that change my perspective on either the mood or the outcome of the story. Keep writing!

G
A chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Almost makes me curious what "Castiel" would read like...

Excellent!
Banner chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Wonderful story. I found it yesterday, and I've read it repeatedly. You show Castiel so well. All the nuances of the characters, and the wonderful imagery, make this story one that will haunt me.
TheUmbrellaSeller chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Wow. That is some epic Biblical stuff right there. I got tingles. You have a dignified prose style that is hard to find among fanfiction, and some incredibly profound ideas. Oh, and gravitas. Gravitas is appreciated. I love that Cas has been irrevocably tainted by the Winchesters- the only way he can relate to and pity Lot's wife is by comparing her to Sam and Dean. You managed to insinuate this without blatantly saying it, so, props for subtlety as well.

Plus, Dean's irreverent adding of Iron Butterfly lyrics to the Winchester Gospel made me chuckle.

Thank you for that ] This story made my day.
Rose of Zakarisz chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Great story! I could really feel the inner turmoil in Cas, how lost he was felling.
Katharra chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
My god. You writing is as beautiful and poetic as always. You perfectly captured that feeling that we were all left with a the end of season 5 and drew it out to a new degree. I think I will need to read this a few times over to truly understand it; it felt alusive at times and had such a haunted feel to it. I loved it!
chellusauglerie chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
ooo

I love it when thou quotest scripture.

Did you make the Castiel! quote up?

That was cool! I love that! very unique!
DeanCasLover22 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
That was really great. I love the style of writing you had in this story.