Reviews for Colonel Brandon and Marianne
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
That was SHOOOOO shweet! I was 'aw'ing the whole way! Cheers to that!
sema4dogz chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
The feel of the period is, I think, rather cleverly captured. Also the difficult-to-believe transition of Marianne as lover of Willoughby to Marianne as lover of Brandon is done as well as could be expected . I don't know if JA herself even really believed in it.

I think the attempt at the language of the period is less well done (pounding hearts and breasts, low gutteral voices and so forth) and the way in which Marianne is portrayed as wordily flirtatious over the name issue . Marianne is changed certainly, but not , I think, into this rather insipid type.

Well done with Brandon to my mind, not so good with Marianne .
Becca chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
This is ADORABLE!

I love it!

Please write more!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

Love you!
beautyshines5795 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
how he proposed to her was very well done. i love how the sonnet was thrown in there.
Rilian's Cove chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Lovely, tx.
Wins chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I loved it! Being such a fan of the book and of the 1995 version with Alan Rickman and Kate Winslet, I often wondered what happened between the poetry reading and the wedding and even Miss Austen herself said that Marianne " voluntarily gave her hand to another" which of course is Colonel Brandon. You captured the very essence of Miss Austen- you are truly gifted. Please continue and I will continue being an avid reader .

Thanks so much for the pleasure of your writing.

Wins
Wins chapter 1 . 11/27/2010

Thanks so much for the pleasure of your writing.

Wins
Loves History chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
This was beautiful..and was made all the more so in that you kept to Jane Austin's style and wonderful use of words. One of the best Marianne and Brandon one shots I have read.
foolproofagain chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Such a sweet story :P Absolutely love it :)
Emma Brandon chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This is a really good story. Will you write more stories about Colonel Brandon and Marianne? I love C.B. Do you like Alan Rickman by any chance? Did you know he has played Colonel Brandon and Snape?