Reviews for Ownership
jojoberry chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
aww poor buzz!
Krad-Eelav chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I really did cry at this one.

Have to say it's very rare that I even crack out laughing at a fic, much less get more than just a bit weepy.

I don't know how you did it, but you definitely got Buzz's soul. Sure, the wording might be a little rough here and there, but I could /feel/ that ... hole in his heart. Despite how utterly calm and confident he always is, there's that bit of phantom pain we can all see in the movies here and there.

He's always been my absolute favorite (even when I don't know where he is right now), so it kinda - meant a little bit more to me. Just hope that he knows how much I still love him.
Diane Clifford chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Oooh, I like this! You made it just the right amount of angst with a little bit of emotion thrown in. a lovely balance! :)
X's For Eyes chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
This may end up being a trite sentiment in all of the reviews you receive for this story, but here it is anyway: AWWW, POOR BUZZ! :( :( :(

I wouldn't have thought that he'd be so torn up about not being The Favorite, but now that I consider it a bit more, I'm sure that the knowledge that he was always going to play second fiddle to Woody had to bother him at least a LITTLE for all those years. I disagree with your labeling of the story as "angsty" - it never delves too deeply into woe-is-me territory, and that's a good thing. Instead, it's just a short reflection that Buzz has of his relationship with his former (and current) kid. It's longing yet understanding, which feels like a fair gauging of Buzz's personality to me. He's a fairly upbeat guy, who just happens to be susceptible to short bouts of self-consciousness now and then. I think we just caught him at a "down time" with this fic.

So don't be so hard on yourself! I find this to be a very believeable Buzz. Keep up the great work!
GirlNextDoor228 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Aww poor Buzz. I really liked this story, since Buzz is definitely my favorite character, and I can't help but feeling sorry for him. God, that scene in the first movie when he found out he wasn't a space ranger but a "mere" toy... That touched me. I remember watching it as a child and being all "hey don't feel bad you're a toy!" in front of the TV, but now I see the poor fella must've been feeling awful. I mean, it's terrible to think you're something good and then find out you're something completely different.

Well Buzz had his glory, back in the first movie, when Andy was all over him. I'm pretty sure he will always have a special corner in his heart for Buzz, as he does with the others. Woody is just different... and I completely understand that. Kids always have a favorite toy, no matter what.

Oh, and that part when he's thrown in the bag, I think it's pretty sad too. Not just because he's getting "thrown out", but because he knows Woody has been chosen over him and they'll be apart.

Poor Buzzy 3

Anyway, I liked this "useless" oneshot, which is not useless at all xD Good job.