Reviews for Lost and Found
Adva chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Amazing ! It felf real!
Anastasia-FFBF chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
Wow. I was really hoping someone would write something similar. I loved how your brought Lucy into the picture. Nice touch.

Btw, the author's note was really touching. Very well written.
Stardust585 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
At this rate, you'll really get fed up with me;) Yet another fantastic piece from you that I missed - but you're on my alert now, that won't happen again, a scout's word;)

Even though I'm not American, have never even been to the US, and leave thousands of miles away, I still clearly remember that day and what I was doing when I found out, how shocked and sad I was...the unimaginable evil and drama of that day will be forever etched in my memory...I think on that day, we are all Americans...

This story is a beautiful tribute to both the 9/11 events and SMacked. I loved how you included Lucy, and Stella's NO transition - so heart-warming! The emotion ran strong here, and my eyes almost watered when I read the beginning with Mac going through all the pain again, and thinking that this time he was facing it all alone...beautiful!

What can I say...I won't be very original and simply tell that once again, you've done a great job!
SMackedFan chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Wow. This was so sweet, and so very beautifully written. You did an amazing job with this one. It definitely tugged at my heart strings :)

"I could never leave you" *sigh* lets hope this turns out to be true!
Denese25 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
As I said before, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Awesome job!
Andorian Ice Princess-AIP chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Well these are always tough for me to read but you did a very nice tribute, my fallen 9/11 friends (2 only in the north tower) would be very proud.

It was very touching and sweet and although it was a sad memorial it was heartfelt. Mac will always love claire but glad you showed his new love stella remembering with him. THank you.

AiP ~9/11~
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
There are almost no words to say other than this was a marvelous story of love and friendship. Stella could never really leave Mac, she IS the one constant in his life and that will never change with distance or time. The fact that you wrote this in only 30 minutes, you had my admiration because this only made me cry harder along with all of the other stories that deal with day. I adore how Lucy made him smile and then having Stella come back, you did an awesome job!

Favorite moments

"The two adults sat on the bench watching her in silence, allowing themselves time to their own thoughts before he turned to her, "I'm glad you came today."

She smiled and nodded, "Me too. There's nowhere else I would rather be today."

She reached up and caressed his cheek, "I left the job, Mac." Her voice dropped to a soft whisper as she let him near and held his eyes with hers, "I could never leave you."

She gave him a warm smile and leaned in brushing his cheek with her lips for a moment before pulling back and rubbing his cheekbone with her thumb.

"Stella…"

"I love you, Mac."

Her eyes met his and she smiled shyly before the happy cries of Lucy coming towards them broke the moment and she turned, catching the child in her arms and hugging her gently."

That her declaration of love was the 911 word is spooky in a good way. :)

"The wine in her glass swirled slightly as she rolled the glass in small circles and looked out over the New York skyline. "Still feels like yesterday. I remember it all so clearly."

He came up next to her with his beer and nodded, "Yeah." He took a swig and looked at her out of the corner of his eye, "You know, one thing's remained constant over the past 9 years."

She turned to him with a furrowed brow and tilted her head, "What's that?"

"You've always been there when I needed you."

She dropped her eyes with a soft smile and nodded, "Mac, I always will be."

His eyes searched hers for a moment and he reached over taking her wine glass from her and setting it down along with his beer before turning back to her. She watched him approach slowly and met him halfway, her hands on his biceps and his on her waist. She smiled as he pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her curls as she clung to him, "What you said at the park..."

His whispered question was soft and she pulled back an inch to stare into his eyes and nodded, "I meant it." She nodded and captured the sides of his face in her hands, "If the last few months away have taught me anything… it's that I love you. I think, I always have. Sometimes you don't realize how important something is to you, until it's gone."

Her words double meaning wasn't lost on him and he nodded. When he'd lost Claire, the circumstances were out of his control, but standing here with Stella in his arms, he knew she was giving him the power to take control; to reclaim what he thought he'd lost. She smiled at him and let her hands drop to his shoulders.

"I love you, Stella."

Her lips widened into a bright warm smile and she pressed her body closer to his, "Yeah?"

He gave her his famous half smile and leaned in, pressing his lips to hers.

9 years ago he'd lost a woman he loved, his wife, his Claire.

This year, he'd found a woman who loved him, his partner, his best friend, his Stella."
dg chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
A beautiful, sweet, evocative piece. May those who lost their lives never be forgotten.