Reviews for Alice's Glorious Homestead Defense
Sonne-chan chapter 4 . 5/11/2014
Great story! The characters are really close to their canon personality and I think you made them very realistic. It was a pleasure to read this fic
BitterCake chapter 4 . 5/4/2014
Wow I found this very impressing and well-written. Your characterization specifically Alice seems like a canon and that's truly most pleasant fact which I liked. The most beautiful side of this story is Alice's emotions divided her different colored dolls. That was unique. Keep going !
KageNoYoko chapter 4 . 3/13/2014
that was cute. the introverted alice, being forced by a concerned Reimu to interact with Marisa, who Reimu probably knew would drag her out and about Gensokyo, and force her to break out of her self-imposed exile.

There were a lot of things about this fanon that I really liked. The fact you made a council of alice's emotions in doll-form reminded me very much of Raven (Dc Comics Teen titans) and her similar use of different colored self-reflections, which I've been on a bit of a kick on recently). I'm also fond of the fact that you revealed a deeper side to Marisa' s character, beyond a playful magician that treats a super-powerful relic as a toy.

making it so that her place is actually just an entrance hall into her true base...and calling it the marisa cave (I sense batman!) was hilarious, and kind of struck a nice feeling in me, but nowhere near the stupid grin i got when you mentioned a picture of PC-98 Reimu and Marisa together, squee!

Wriggle's speech pattern felt very jarring, but it also reminded me of the shakespeare I used to read in high school, very refined for what amounts to the queen of the bugs. Rumia was adorable, but not as much as I've seen in other work, where she's ridiculously innocent, and I didn't get much from mystia.

I would imagine spending time around Yukari would feel like the world is crushing you, because of her manipulation powers, and I think a lot of people forget about her "unlimited power!" and just focus on her teasing nature. It's nice to see her as a powerful being for once that isn't also a heartless bitch (which is often the only other way she's seen in fanfiction.)

There's not much I didn't enjoy about this, and though I got a bit concerned near the end with the frankly disturbing ideas about alice carving out marisa into a living doll (Ugh, I feel nauseous at just the thought), I'm glad that was broken quickly.

I'm a bit curious about future installments into this universe, since how you've gone about creating Gensokyo like this leaves my mind a-wonder to all the ways that you could personify other characters from the series, such as Youmu and Yuyuko.

This is easily a "would read again," and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Ja Ne!
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 4 . 7/7/2013
Honestly, some parts of this story are down right creepy and disturbing. Adding a horror genre theme to something like Touhou is nightmare fuel to me. Still interesting to see an alternative view of some characters...even if some of them sound like something out of Lovecraftian Myth.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
I was just reading this fic again, and I remember writing a review and I made a mistake on Patchy. It was one of the first Touhou fics I read, so I wasn't aware how things work in there. I thought it'd be good to post this and amend it.
AlexR3 chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
Wow, that was a really interesting and fun read. I really liked Alice talking to "herself" and her different feelings displayed trough the dolls. There aren't enough friendship MariAli fics out there, so thanks a bunch for this one.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
I enjoyed this fic, very well done! Alice's struggle to make friends was a very interesting drive to the plot and I liked that she learned how to start doing this, and Marisa was very good in supporting her. I also found interesting your interpretation of Patchouli and her library (though I think she's not a youkai, I have to check it later). Good work!
Sturmgeschuts chapter 4 . 5/4/2012
I read this in one sitting. It's refreshing to see a quality Touhou fic centered around the doll-maker, but without romantic involvement with the witch.

The decision to examine Alice's psyche was a risky one, as poor execution has the potential for literary suicide. But you pulled it off pretty well, reflecting the unstable mind of someone too used to seclusion being forced to interact with others. The idea that the dolls would start developing personalities and even consciousnesses of their own was well-paced and laid out for the reader.

At times I could've sworn Marisa dropped her drawl at inappropriate times though, might want to observe that a little more closely. Another note, being punched in the stomach usually doesn't result in coughing up blood unless the wall of the stomach has been breached from the impact or a pre-existing hole. (Ulcers for example) If she was indeed punched that hard, she's gonna need a lot more than shroom pain-killers.

The ideas put forth with Patchouli's library were well-explained to the reader, thankfully not stepping out of the bounds of common understanding. The catwalks themselves were an interesting addition, seeing as pretty much everyone in Gensyoko can fly, but they're not out of place given the sluggishness of the Librarian herself.

The trio of little ones...The idea of a multi-person sign is not surprising, nor are the sentai poses. I can't say I expected it, but it wasn't really surprising. Now, the idea that characters would subtly change their tactics by studying the opponent, that's new to see. Usually such changes are big and radical, good to see someone understands how actual combat works. Though I'm amazed the surrounding area wasn't leveled by the match.

Let's see, faceless NPC's, sleepy gate-keepers, subtly insulting maids...what else?

Ah, Reimu and Yukari. Well done, setting yourself up for a future story without actually creating an obligation. Clever, intelligent, though some might say lazy. Oh well.

I will be adding this as a favourite, rare that such a thing happens.

Einen schönen Tag noch!

-The Gunner
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 4 . 3/29/2012
Came here from Tvtropes. You paint a very vivid picture of Alice, Marisa, and Patchy here. This reader really enjoyed this piece.

If I could criticize, I guess the only flaw is the extreme informality Marisa gives off. Granted it fits her nature, but it seems closer to fanon then canon. Oh well, that's really a moot point considering how well you round the cast out.

Thanks for writing it!
Duwee Davis II chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
This is definately one of the best insights into Alice's personality I've seen. And considering ZUN only gives a framework personality, you made an in denial, yet definitely insecure one very well...
authority02 chapter 4 . 11/17/2011
This is incredibly wonderful. I like how you depicted her dolls - "They knew everything she was telling them, of course, because they were her."
Patcheresu chapter 4 . 8/5/2011
I really liked this story. Nice work, pal! I'd say you've earned your recommendation. And that ovaries image is hilarious.
Opalord chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
The story was fantastic. All the characters actually felt like they had personaliteis instead of nametags stating "I'm a Tsundere!" or "I steal things!" etc. The sentence structure didn't suck, and all of the sentences flowed together. I felt like I was reading an actual book instead of a fanfic. I DO have one glaring complaint though: That the author hasn't written any more stories!
PeachDaisyAmy777 chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
This has been a great story. It was nice for Marisa and Alice to hang out have a good friendship good. Great job!
Dragon Lord Coker chapter 4 . 2/25/2011
It's freaking MIMA!

and that's all there really is to say on the matter
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »